Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    you definately made some improvements man good job, i wish i had veins on my calves!

weightshead is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumanHW
    I know I have a ways to go. If you have something outright negative to say, keep it to yourself... we probably have different goals. If you have a crtique to offer, with suggestions for acheivement, I'm interested.
    very nice progress for a years work. you definitely have a more athletic physique now, and your conditioning is pretty good considering the increases in mass you have made over the last year.

despite what you say about different goals, i personally still think your back is still underdeveloped, in terms of thickness and width - deadlift/bent over row/wide grip pull ups.

however where you are at now, could have been very easily achieved without gear, i'd even go as far as to say that it is within the realms of possibility to achieve those results naturally within the same amount of time.
    Last edited by weightshead; 11-05-2005 at 09:03 PM.

GearAholic is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    i can see a big diffrence without even enlarging the pictures who really cares if he could of done it with or without gear either way hes heading in the right direction, ahh the height to weight ratio im about 6'1 237 i know how hard it is and how dissapointing putting on 10lbs are when your looking in the mirror then asking yourself where the hell did it go? keep it up

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    nice work truman.

ouchthathurts is offline Junior Member

Way to go

Truman, I don't know you but anyway you slice it, you added a high percentage of lean body mass to your frame while reducing adipose tissue... here's a man who knows what he wants, is getting there with research and a ton a motivation. Personally, I'm not too concerned with the evolutionary biology of sexual attraction. I want strength. I'd like to be leaner but no matter what I do, I lose strength when dieting. Plus, I like to have a bit of cusion... when I was as lean as you (see attached photo from '97) I looked great, but my strength was not good. I did pull a TON of tail back then.... LOL

You have your goals, you're reaching them and for 1 year? KICK ASS!!!!!!!!

below i was 175, 40lbs lighter than I am now...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1 year separated before and after pictures-back_sm.jpg  

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger909
    pics seem sim. besides the chest which is decent
    btw..plz dont tell me there was a cycle ivolved in that developement
    are you ****ing nuts. look at his arms and shit. it's a huge difference

Quote Originally Posted by Lavinco
    are you ****ing nuts. look at his arms and shit. it's a huge difference
    I wouldn't pay this guy any mind Lav,

First he said he was 5'7 and then next post he says "actually I'm 5'9"

not even worth flaming this dude (I considered it myself)

later,

ouch

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    You look much better now. I'm 6'4, I know what you are talking about

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianVodka
    You look much better now. I'm 6'4, I know what you are talking about
    same.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Very good job, you sould be very happy with yourself.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    You look in a lot better shape now then you were............ but I think you could have done this without anabolics JMO. Even though good job because it takes discipline to get diet and training in check to change your body comp.

Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member
    Defnitely take some pictures... you'll be glad you did, but it's painful looking back. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ouchthathurts
    Truman, I don't know you but anyway you slice it, you added a high percentage of lean body mass to your frame while reducing adipose tissue... here's a man who knows what he wants, is getting there with research and a ton a motivation. Personally, I'm not too concerned with the evolutionary biology of sexual attraction. I want strength. I'd like to be leaner but no matter what I do, I lose strength when dieting. Plus, I like to have a bit of cusion... when I was as lean as you (see attached photo from '97) I looked great, but my strength was not good. I did pull a TON of tail back then.... LOL

You have your goals, you're reaching them and for 1 year? KICK ASS!!!!!!!!

below i was 175, 40lbs lighter than I am now...
    Damn dude! Thats some pretty good leanness! Nice development there! Thanks for the props...

Dalton5 is offline Associate Member
    Came a long way for sure, however if my goal was to have a fitness like body just for the sake of taking my shirt of at the beach then I dont think Id put myself through the pain of prop & tren .

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    You look in a lot better shape now then you were............ but I think you could have done this without anabolics JMO. Even though good job because it takes discipline to get diet and training in check to change your body comp.
    Absolutely! Could have done it naturally... I just don't have THAT much discipline and patience... I wish... I wish. But, I'm contending with the things I know of myself, and working within those confines as best I can.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Absolutely! Could have done it naturally... I just don't have THAT much discipline and patience... I wish... I wish. But, I'm contending with the things I know of myself, and working within those confines as best I can.
    Well either way good job........... I see too many guys on here and other boards take a shit loat of anabolics and either look worse or made no progress.

EdMan2 is offline Associate Member
    I think you've made some really good changes to your physique. The only thing I can think of as some positive criticism would be to get some more mass on your back. With your body I would imagine some nice rear delts and just a good back all around would look awesome.

Yeah, I'm actually RIGHT along with you Ed...

Things I want to improve...

1. Upper chest
    2. Inner back
    3. Rear Delts
    4. Abs
    5. Biceps
    6. Outer portion of Triceps

Other things will definitely develop in the process, but those are my current priorities...

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdh
    hey bro, looking good. im 6'3'' as well so i know how it goes, although my goal is to be not only lean but a little larger then i think you want to be, yet still proportionate. im about 235 right now would like to be at 245-250 about 10%bf. anyway if your having a problem with your bi's getting pre-exhausted from back movements dont do you your back and bi's on the same day. its something ive got away from doing for a while now because of that. you will notice you will be able to move more weight and reps not doing them in the same day. try doing tris and bi's on the same day. i like doing opposing muscle groups like that. give it a shot.

was thinkin the same thing dude. i used to do chest/tris and back/bis together but then changed to back.tris and chest/tris, results were obvious. then i changed again to doing bis and tris on the same day, and my arms have gone from being a lagging bodypart to almost one of the better ones. so much leaner and thicker

Eddie8 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyShotty
    I posted that before I saw your other reply. Have you ever considered just trying to bulk, bulk, bulk, because in reality because of your height your not going to be super thick. I bet because of your body type that if you just pounded down clean calories and lots of them as long as you watched the fat intake you will get great proportions. You probably have a fast motabolism like me. I try my hardest to look like Ronnie Colman because in reality, it will never happen, but if you try then it will make you look all that much better.

I am with Scotty....Just curious as to how many calories you are taking in per day when on and off cycle. One thing you might want to consider is that it is very difficult to reach a high level of muscularity, especially when tall while keeping your body fat spot on and that it may benefit your over all goal to pack it on for a few years and then get ripped for the rest of your life. You have made it clear that your condition is what you are interested in order to optimize the female attraction factor. There are lots of girls that like thicker guys too, you don’t have to f..k every single one! LOL. I did what you are doing when I was in my twenties for the same reasons and I can tell you that I regret in now. As you age your body will try to go back to its natural state without constantly cycling and the more mass you pack on now the longer it will stay with you. The added mass will make it easier to stay lean too. It takes more calories to support a heavier body weight but your stomach is the same size if you weighed 50 pounds less so you get full on the same amount of volume no matter how much you weigh. There is no time better to pack on mass that you will keep while you are young and no matter how big you get you can always take it off with diet if you find that you are bulkier that you want to be. A younger body tolerates the roids better that when you are older. The guys that I know that are in the best shape were very big and then decided to go for the lean look after the were big. This is why pro BB'S can get so shredded. You will never have those deep cut rolling abs without being fairly big first. Just my 2 cents. You look great by the way, even if you never put on another pound of muscle, you are light years above the norm. Most young guys I see are fat sh.ts. I would really like to hear about your diet and calorie intake. I have also found that personality will get you in the rack 10 times faster that you’re delts or the perfect proportions. To bad that they don’t make a drug for that.....actually, I guess there are several.

Keep up the great work, you should be proud of your achievement....Ed

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    u look like the ladies dig u - and isnt that what u try to accomplish? me myself concentrate on size and strength so our goals are diffrent.. Nice changes though still... Are u a hard gainer naturally BTW?

I am naturally a hard gainer... but also, allow me to share...

If there is a single reason for athletes not to get fat in the first place, this is probably it: if your fat cells get too big, your body will make new ones. And it's nearly impossible to get rid of the new ones . Obviously, if you're already very fat, there's little you can do: you're pretty much stuck with your fat cells short of liposuction or something along those lines. But if you're a lean athlete looking to gain weight (and realizing that you must gain some bodyfat to do it effectively), you should keep a lid on that fat gain. You don't want to stimulate your body to make new fat cells.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/

manc is offline Member
    well done truman,side shot is the winner..keep it up

Knight1811 is offline Associate Member

If there is a single reason for athletes not to get fat in the first place, this is probably it: if your fat cells get too big, your body will make new ones. And it's nearly impossible to get rid of the new ones . Obviously, if you're already very fat, there's little you can do: you're pretty much stuck with your fat cells short of liposuction or something along those lines. But if you're a lean athlete looking to gain weight (and realizing that you must gain some bodyfat to do it effectively), you should keep a lid on that fat gain. You don't want to stimulate your body to make new fat cells.

TurmanHW,
    Please enlighten me on the subject of "if your fat cells get too big, your body will make new ones."

I've been told and read that the body has a finite amount of fat cells and that fat cells will only expand or shrink....and never to grow new ones. I didn't know there was hyperplasia for fat cells.

Lift05 is offline Member
    good progress Truman

Jeff1 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Cool keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Knight1811
    TurmanHW,
    Please enlighten me on the subject of "if your fat cells get too big, your body will make new ones."

I've been told and read that the body has a finite amount of fat cells and that fat cells will only expand or shrink....and never to grow new ones. I didn't know there was hyperplasia for fat cells.

There's an old (and incorrect idea) that adult humans don't make new fat cells. That is, and we'll discuss this more in a bit, you get born with a certain number of fat cells and you may develop more at puberty or during pregnancy but that's it ; your body doesn't make new fat cells. Everything in that sentence is true except the last statement ; even non-pregnant adults can make new fat cells.

Usually this happens when the fat cells you have reach a certain size ; that is, they are as full as they can physically be. When this occurs, the actual stretching of the fat cell stimulates the release of factors, such as Angiotensin II, prostacylin and others, which 'tell' the body to make new fat cells from something called preadipocytes.
    Preadipocytes are dormant cells, sort of soldiers who wait for the signals to get called into action. When the right growth factors are released, preadipocytes mature into normal adipocytes. Voila! New fat cells.

Those newly formed fat cells can now be filled with yet more fat and glucose. In fact, a new class of diabetic drugs (called TZD drugs) appear to work by stimulating the production of new fat cells, which gives the blood glucose and fatty acids another place to go. Oh yeah, if the new fat cells get too large, your body will keep making more.

Eddie8 is offline Associate Member
    By the looks of the pictures I would say you have many pounds of fat to gain before your body is going to recruit dormant fat cells into action. It would also be interesting to know how this mechanism operates, if at all, while on AAS. For me I can tell you that it is very difficult to gain "fat" while on a cycle. I just can’t eat that much. Would still like to know what your calorie consumption is.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Even if u have more fat cels u can get lean for sure... No 1 is doomed to being fat forever, but interesting info..

rager is offline Member
    You have balls do even post your pics. Keep up the good work, improvement is what we are alll striving for. ( That sounded so Fken lame lol )

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie8
    By the looks of the pictures I would say you have many pounds of fat to gain before your body is going to recruit dormant fat cells into action. It would also be interesting to know how this mechanism operates, if at all, while on AAS. For me I can tell you that it is very difficult to gain "fat" while on a cycle. I just can’t eat that much. Would still like to know what your calorie consumption is.
    I think you may need to take a look at our ancestry to see why this happens. Only in the last 70-100 years have we considered fatness a problem. In fact, still in some conutries of the world, fatness is a sign of prosperity. This has persisted for perhaps 100's of thousands of years judging by cave paintings and so forth. Your body has learned over thousands of years to store energy in the form of fat. This "famine protection" is so profound that your body desires to retain it's fat stores beyond even muscle and bone. It's assumed the logic is less muscle, less calories needed.

You're body will use it's fat layers to store as many calories as possible and then when they are full, then more will be produced. If the body didn't produce more cells, there would be a fatness limit which there clearly isn't. If this were the case, people who weigh a half a ton would have fat cells like baseballs.

j martini is offline Member

Tell that to lee priest, who has went up to 280 pounds and competed at 200 pounds shredded if he produced new fat cells he seemed to have no problem getting rid of them.

No offence Truman you seem like a smart bro, but IMO you take some research to literally like how the human body has a 4% accumulation maximum of muscle in the first year giving mid to high test levels and good diet and training.

I am a big believer in just getting in the gym training hard and heavy following a good diet without getting too obseesed over training science. People ask me all the time about the perfect number of reps, sets and training frequency, my answer always is just shut up and train already and learn what works for your own body.

topgun1983 is offline Banned
    what cycles and what training. good progress....

Quote Originally Posted by j martini
    Tell that to lee priest, who has went up to 280 pounds and competed at 200 pounds shredded if he produced new fat cells he seemed to have no problem getting rid of them.

No offence Truman you seem like a smart bro, but IMO you take some research to literally like how the human body has a 4% accumulation maximum of muscle in the first year giving mid to high test levels and good diet and training.

I am a big believer in just getting in the gym training hard and heavy following a good diet without getting too obseesed over training science. People ask me all the time about the perfect number of reps, sets and training frequency, my answer always is just shut up and train already and learn what works for your own body.
    Knowledge is the coefficient of your likelihood for success. Until I see a reason to be arbitrary in my approach, rather than heed what experts before me have a theory to support... I'll continue doing the very thing we join the boards to do; increase our rate of progress via the knowledge of the experienced and educated.

I still respect your DO IT attitude - I have it too, I just counterbalance that with defensible and articulable motives. When i come across a subject that I don't have that for, you'll see my act like a sponge...

rager is offline Member
    Gain Weight

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    Lookin great bro...

Quote Originally Posted by rager
    Gain Weight
    Perhaps you'll be so kind as to share with us YOUR before and after pictures... along with the amount of time between them.

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    I know I have a ways to go. If you have something outright negative to say, keep it to yourself... we probably have different goals. If you have a crtique to offer, with suggestions for acheivement, I'm interested.
    1 year seperated ... i dont get it .... what are the goals .. your lean but shouldnt be juicin

Quote Originally Posted by james21
    1 year seperated ... i dont get it .... what are the goals .. your lean but shouldnt be juicin
    Oh yeah James...? Enlighten me. Why not?

Testostack is offline Anabolic Member
    Well first, great improvements dude, bravo! BUT, i think that you could have done better just eating and training hard. I was 135Lbs when i started workout and in 1year and half i gained 45pounds, so if you say you were on juice to achieve you transfo, i say that was useless, you just screw up your hormones prematurally.......that said, you look good and good quality...keep it up

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information