Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 300 club!!

HugemongouS is offline New Member
    I hit 365 2x on bench when i was 18, it was ****ing crazy felt good tho! im 5'11" and was 195lbs.

sadukar is offline Junior Member
    Shirts can help a LOT. I got about 75lbs or so out of my IPF metal viking. Thats not really a huge carry over either. Some of the more advanced lifters are getting 300lbs out of their shirt. It takes a great deal of time and effort to get them to work though. Think of bench shirts as the juice of choice for PL'ers.

Quote Originally Posted by HugemongouS
    I hit 365 2x on bench when i was 18, it was ****ing crazy felt good tho! im 5'11" and was 195lbs.
    yeah when i was 18 i got 315lbs for 3x and that was a crazy feeling. i was all natural and i weighed 195-200lbs

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    No offense but the 18yr olds I've seen lift higher weight usually use horrible form or come halfass down. Really bodyweight to strength ratio is more impressive than a high weight. That's why they have weight classes in PL'ing.

Power Viking is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN
    congratulations. i recently broke the 300 lb mark myself, feels damn good doesnt it?
    If that`s you on your avatar then you look like you could bench 500.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    no thats Mr. Bob Sapp professional fighter and brother of football player warren sapp i believe. and seeing as he is that solid @ 375lbs id say he probably benches that much too.

Spyder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Maybe repping it. I'd say 500 is a hard weight to hit. 400 was a BITCH!
    I was repping 330 for 7reps and maxed out 445 for 1 rep during my first cycle(dbol /test) at only 20 years old earlier this year. I have no videos or pics to prove but then again i don't care who believes it and who does it, i don't really think its much to brag about really, i would like rep 355 on my next cycle(Drol/Test/Eq) this January, if i achieve that, then i believe i have the right to brag.

Great job on your 300, keep at it.

Nismo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    Nice, esp at your bodyweight. Did you use a shirt?
    Do you mean like a regular T-Shirt????

imanewbie is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismo
    Do you mean like a regular T-Shirt????
    \

come on man...read the rest of the thread before posting that

Jray1der is offline Associate Member
    If I remember correctly, Bob Sapp's bench press is in the mid 600's, I just cant recall where i saw that at. Allen from the Cowboys hit 700 a few months ago and anyone who knows and watches football can see he aint built like a Greek God! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN
    no thats Mr. Bob Sapp professional fighter and brother of football player warren sapp i believe. and seeing as he is that solid @ 375lbs id say he probably benches that much too.
    Last edited by Jray1der; 12-12-2005 at 01:24 PM.

Smedman101 is offline Associate Member
    Congrats! U got to have a goal, I know theirs alot that can do this weight and many that can not. But can you do it 10 times with 4 work sets?????

If your going for a max GREAT! but if this is what you do on your chest day to see how much you can push? I hope not

Keep up the good work!

Power Viking is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jray1der
    If I remember correctly, Bob Sapp's bench press is in the mid 600's, I just cant recall where i saw that at. Allen from the Cowboys hit 700 a few months ago and anyone who knows and watches football can see he aint built like a Greek God! LOL
    They showed that 700 lift on ABCs Monday Night Football (yeah, they actually broadcast that on norwegian TV). The freakiest thing was that it was done with a NARROW GRIP! Doing 700 in the bench with a grip that pretty much isolates your triceps, now THAT`s amazing!

flexdemon is offline New Member
    good job , i remeber the first time i hit 300 , hell iwas all smiles for the longest time but , then u continue to persue 315 , then 315 for reps lol.
    i remeber the day when i was benching 400. i weighed in at a huge :S 215 at 5 ' 11
    still good job mate

300 was tough for me, took me a few years of training to get there. I will say this though, the road to 400lb bench is ALOT harder

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Nice job bro..I cant remember when i hit 300,it was a while back but afterwards my bench has kept increasing,im regularly pushing 495 with a once every 3rd chest workout maxing at 500. my goal is 500 for 6 reps now.
    keep pushing bro

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Quote Originally Posted by sadukar
    Shirts can help a LOT. I got about 75lbs or so out of my IPF metal viking. Thats not really a huge carry over either. Some of the more advanced lifters are getting 300lbs out of their shirt. It takes a great deal of time and effort to get them to work though. Think of bench shirts as the juice of choice for PL'ers.
    300lbs from a shirt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information