MShine is offline New Member

Question First time Injecting, Leg? or Glute? Anywhere else?

I checked out the Injection info section on this site. Why are the glutes so popular if there is a chance of striking the sciatic nerve? Will there be a giant welt/bruise at the site? I'm convinced of doing the injection in my Quads. Is the draw-back really necessary if there are no bubbles?

I know most people inject glutes and one guy just below his hip. I've got the jitters and I just wanted to know if there is anywhere else to inject and what happens afterwards. It will be a Test blend.

Thanks

beezlebubb666 is offline Associate Member
    glutes are pop b/c theres less veins and nerves for you to hit and all of that good stuff. in reguards to bruises if it is a virgin site its gonna be sore and there may be bruising... you asperate to make sure that you didnt hit a vein due to the fact that you dont wanna inject into one.. you can use your delts also man.... hope i was of some assistance

PushinWeight24 is offline New Member
    put that shit in your ass and go very slow in and very slow out. dont shake while doing it either. massage it atfter your done for about a minute. its gonna get sore like a mother ****er and in some cases you might not even be able to walk one day. Happened to me. good luck, its wortht he pain trust me

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    first time huh? you'r going to be nervous, so pretty much anywhere you inject is going to be sore.. just make sure when you aspirate you only pull back a little.. you don't really need to see air "bubbles", just one bubble and a little tension when you pull back is all you need to make sure your not in a vein.

Thanks for the replies members! Answered alot of my questions.

I've heard some pretty bad stories about hitting the sciatic. So I dont wanna end up with a broken needle intramuscular. Will the Upper Quad hurt more than the glutes?

grimnlock is offline Associate Member
    HOW TO INJECT YOURSELF AND NOT LOSE YOUR LUNCH
    By Dr. David T. Ryan
    for elitfts
    http://www.*************

We decided to print this article for the safety of all athletes that choose to use anabolics. We do not condone the use of AAS, especially with young athletes and teenagers. But we do realize that there are people that do use them and wish to give them some information on how to inject properly. If you have any moral or any other objections of the use of AAS, the please do not read the article. This is your choice as is the choice of those that use AAS. We have also decided to print this article as Dr. Ryan has had numerous obstacles in getting this published. We felt that this subject needed to be addressed.]

This whole article started with a shocking conversation I was having with a twenty year friend of mine and lifter. He was explaining about the procedure he would use to inject himself. The process of using an old/used needle to remove the solution from the bottle then applying a new ?fresh? needle to his syringe was rather shocking to me. He smiled and indicated that boastfully that he had done this for over twenty years. All I could think about were the large fibrotic lesions in his glutes that prevented him from further injection in those sites.

All too commonly the issues that are important are often never discussed by professionals until it is too late. This problem with that type of injection protocol is that you are taking a needle out of your dirty body (do you eat off of your ass?) and apply that needle, for the sake of keeping a sharp point, into a solution, just happy to grow the bacteria that is lodged in the needle and on it?s surface. Consider this, would you stick that needle into a bucket of paint then later shove that needle into your fresh bottle of EQ 200? Please consider that over the years of working medical research; I have seen bacteria grow in acid so strong you would have to open the chemical under a hood or burn your eyes and nose off ? it just takes time! NEVER STICK A NEEDLE FROM YOUR BODY BACK INTO ANYTHING THAT IS STERILE.

THESE ARE THE BASIC SAFE STEPS IN INJECTION:

1. Wash your hands and anyone else involved should wash their hands. 2. Use only clean needles to remove and inject any solution. 3. Prepare the area with a prep solution (i.e. rubbing alcohol or other sterilizer) 4. LEARN TO Z TRACK (listed below) 5. Never inject more than 5 cc?s / ml. into any one injection site. 6. Keep all items clean and dry after the injection. 7. Store all items properly.
    Washing your hands may seem simple, but it is a very effective way to prevent the spread of germs and viruses.

Using a contaminated needle to remove solution from a bottle is playing Russian roulette with your health. Only use clean needles to puncture your skin or that of bottle. A single injection doesn?t dull the needle tip to any degree worth complaining about. It only helps in your head, maybe! Various prep solutions are necessary to clean the injection site; this prevents the normal bacteria that are present on the surface of the skin from being pushed into the body.

Z Tracking

This is a simple process of pulling the skin to one side to allow for a hole to be made in the skin and then displacing that same hole after the injection has been made. This displacement stops the leakage of the injected solution to the skin surface.

Wash your hands and make sure that everyone else does too.
    Prepare the area with alcohol.
    Prepare the injection needle and solution
    Firmly displace the skin to one side.
    Inject the needle and aspirate to make sure you have no blood and then inject contents appropriately.
    Release the skin pressure.
    Remove the needle from the injection point.
    Clean and dispose of all materials appropriately.
    Taken from the nurses hand book (referenced below), notice how the displaced skin will stop the backflow of the injected solution.

For those of you who would like a diagram: Click Here

Follow these easy steps to providing a safer more effective injection. Common sense goes a long way in medicine and yes, this is still a form of medicine.

also check this out...
    http://www.breastcancerprofessional....nc/nursing.pdf

beastrg is offline Junior Member
    just wondered if u do hit a vein in ur quad (never have!!) to u simply pull out and then inject in a different spot? Also do u need to change the needle?

velvetlion is offline Banned
    I would probably change the needle. The needle dulls quite a bit after penetrating the skin and muscle. I am not saying that you have to, but expect it to go in a little harder than normal if you choose to reinject the same needle.

RAF3070 is offline Associate Member
    Id def advise you to change the needle, I went in on a bad spot on a nerve and decided to withdraw and go in a bit further down, I wish id change the needle, didnt realise it could get so blunt after just one jab, it hurt like hell breaking the skin, had to force it in, once in it was fine, just slid all the way.

CFH
    CFH is offline Associate Member
    i have stuck myself a second time after pulling out. hurts a bit but not too bad unless ur using a larger pin. as for diff places to shoot, quads, glutes, bis, tris, chest. i've heard shoulders but never tried it. a lot of it depends on how much meat you have in those areas.

MiZongMaster is offline Associate Member
    if you inject where you are supposed to, you wont hit the sciatic nerve.. it is the lower/inside part of the glute, and runs up your spine.. I inject primarily my glutes, and never had a problem.. never hit a vein, and it never really hurts.. I heard the quads have a lot of veins/nerves, so the chances are better you will hit one.. although that wont kill you, you will probably just twitch and feel some pain.. but nothing you cant deal with..

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    The first place I ever injected was the quads. Glutes are difficult for me to reach. Quads are very easy to reach, see, aspirate etc. and you can use both hands.

Thanks guys, did my first injection this morning in the Quads. Man that needle looks huge when you take the cap off. Broke a sweat like nothing, felt weird starting to aspirate , couldnt really see any blood so just went ahead and massaged the area after ward. No soreness yet or discoloration.

Thanks
    Mshine

Smog1980 is offline New Member

I ****ed up

Quote Originally Posted by Tazwell View Post
    first time huh? you'r going to be nervous, so pretty much anywhere you inject is going to be sore.. just make sure when you aspirate you only pull back a little.. you don't really need to see air "bubbles", just one bubble and a little tension when you pull back is all you need to make sure your not in a vein.

Hi buddy seen ur comment and thought u may know ur stuff I've injected me thigh today with some deca and test 2mg and I totally forgot to pull the pin back n check for leakage (blood) and just inserted now my thigh feels absolutely huge lol with pain I can't I ht a vien as I no is be on the floor ****ed up rite now just wante some advice

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    is this your first time in the thigh. if so, pain is normal results of a virgin muscle. what size needle did you use. I know some who do not aspirate at all. I however do.

learnerdriver is offline Associate Member
    Just injected my quad yesterday for the first time, pretty much zero pain and all went well. Got some slight numbness as if the muscle had ceased up a bit but it wasn't bad. Today i just feel like i stuck a needle in my leg lol, really not bad at all.

jpowell is offline Banned
    i did my first inject yesterday, in the right delt. only soreness/pain i feel is proli due to having virgin muscle. but the shit does hurt lol.

Thread Information