ANTWAAN is offline Associate Member

immune system and herpes

my doctor told me that steroids shut your immune system down somewhat, and i was wondering if this makes us all more likely to get viruses. my longtime one and off girl has herpes really mild and its never been a big deal but with my immune system supposedly in shambles could it be? no smartass comments, i just want to know if this is true because i never hear people speak on the effect AS has on the immune system. thanks

Penetrator is offline Junior Member
    Does she have herpes I or II?

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    u cant always tell herpes one or 2 unless u only have in 1 location, mouth=type1, genital=type2. However if ur imune system is shot, ur stressed you are more likely to have an outbreak.

peace

lets jut say its not on her mouth, and its really not noticable. so i guess i am more likely to get it on cycle. if 1 in 5 people have type 2, i wonder how many at this board have it.

does clenbuterol affect your immune system?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    ANT, check your PMs

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Hey bro, Herpes, plays off a weak emune system. My advice if you are worried, take a multi vitamin, plenty of vitamin C, B, and zinc. That will do the trick and help keep your chances down.

sp33dg33k is offline Member
    wear a condom and you will be fine

and maybe i'm wrong but i believe juice makes your immune system stronger while on and the weakest when coming off hence why a lot of people get colds and shit post cycle.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I would suggest you go to webmd.com and read up big time. With an investment of a few hours you will become an expert on the subject. It would be a very smart thing to do....

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    so confused about immune system response and steroids , ive hear numerous times where it actually increases immune strength, but just as many times ive read that it affects it in a negative mannor...someone post something to conslude and end my confusion...

righton is offline Senior Member
    Alot of docs are now prescribing AS for ppl with AIDS to strengthen their immune systems. Check out www.medibolics.com

thought so. =P

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Wear a condom.

i hate condoms, probably wish i didn't when i contract a std...but ...

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    Strange how people get the Sust flu when AS is supposed to help with the immune system.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Originally posted by dizzle
    Strange how people get the Sust flu when AS is supposed to help with the immune system.
    sust flu has nothing to do with the immune system as far as i know....bump

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    antwaan
    getting herpes has nothing to do with the immune system. when i went through my medical courses for being an emt i learned alot about a little of everything.
    a herpes outbreak can be caused by your immune system being week or you being stressed but actual contraction is caused by virus getting into break in skin. herpes is in same family as chicken pox and shingles.
    after virus gets into your body(herpes,chicken pox)you have first outbreak-with chicken pox only 1 outbreak(hence only catching it once) but later in life can flare up in form of shingles...with herpes if you get exposure(no matter if body weak,stressed, immune system down or if in great health)you get outbreak and then it goes dorment in body sitting close to spine. when nervous system is weak(stressed) outbreaks can occur. that is why shingles runs along a nerve on outside of body.
    shingles can also be spread to others along with chicken pox or herpes. but herpes outbreaks are in area where exposed. lips--cold sores if exposed there or privates---blisters on genitles if exposed there.

if your girl has herpes,no matter what physical condition you are in,and she has an active outbreak you can catch it..but only if fluid from blister gets into opening in skin. if she has active outbreak either refrain from sex or use condom

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    people should note, condom has no gurantees depending on where it is located, its still passable and to ur mouth, also through skin contact

peace

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    good point OJ

Lattman is offline Associate Member
    STD's suck! I got Herpes from my x as she had it but thought was just an infection for so many years. I get outbreaks every once in a while, but have not gotten any since my cycle or post cycle so I can't complain...

Billmister is offline Member
    i do'nt know.. i think my opinion would be, stay away. I mean that's what i would do. Like if i knew this girl had herpese 1 or 2 i would just get a way from her and not risk anything period... but then again i am a paranoid person when it comes to std's.

Lattman is offline Associate Member
    I second Billmister's recommendation!

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet

1 in 6 people....

Did a paper on this topic in college. If I recall correctly, one in six people carry the virus with no symptoms (lies dormant in the spine) and never know it. Unless you ask to be specifically tested for it....I don't think they check for it. I interviewed a doc and she told me that they don't test because once people know they carry the virus they become so stressed out, they have an outbreak. (not sure if that is a general rule or just the individual doc's policy.).

Also, I thought I read that "shedding" is also a very contagious time and there is no liquid contact involved there.

Being educated is a very good idea. Condoms even better idea.... but as someone else said....doesn't protect you during oral.

Just my .02 cents worth.

C.B.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Again...if you really want to educate yourself on it visit webmd.com...their are even discussion boards with medical professionals that answer your questions.

about 70% of the adult population has Herpes type 1 - Oral

about 33% of people ages 15-35 have genital herpes. It is really an epedemic in the united states that no one likes to talk about. You can have it for a long time an not know and pass it along to others if you have minor symptoms. Many people have it and it only shows symptoms once or twice a year or even less so they are in denial that they have it.

I thought I had it so I had the type specific blood test done and found out I was wrong. Some of the stories on the message board can be quite depressing. Some unlucky people pick genital herpes up the first time they have sex....really if you think that 1 out of 3 people have it from ages 15 to 35 and you have unprotected sex with just three people you are statistically at a high risk of infection. Herpes is also known to spread easily even if you use a condom. A condom does not completely cover all of the genital area where outbreaks can occur and be transferred between people. Therefore it is notorious for being caught even while practicing what people think is safe sex....

Thread Information