truerebel is offline New Member

Stopping growth plate closure during prop cycle?

Hi, I am 19 years old and I want to do my first cycle. I have researched for almost a year and am doing a pretty standard 500mg/week cycle of test prop injecting EOD.

I know my growth plates probably wouldn't be closed yet and I don't want to close them.
    I was thinking of going so far as to run letrozole throughout the entire cycle, then clomid + nolva as a PCT. But this seems like it could be way overkill.

Any advice?

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    yes, avoid the entire issue and dont use steroids .

You are too young, and with worries about ur growth plates, with a cycle you would force them close pretty much on the spot due to elevated estrogen. Running letro wont do sh*t for ur bones cuz that works in peripheral adipose tissue. Yea might slow it down, but wont stop any damage done. and running a high enough lvl of letro to prevent closure puts you under the necessary estro, bringing along a bunch of sides... but similar to too high estro...

Eat better, work out more and wait... best for ya in the end

I appreciate your concern, but surely a 8 week cycle of low dose with proper precautions wouldnt be enough to close the plates?
    I swear on this forum unless you're 30 years old and 220lbs natty you 'shouldnt be using steroids '
    I'm not trying to surpass a natural limit, I'm simply trying to get my goal physique faster so I can enjoy it while i am young and living it up

Blog Entries
    So basically, u wanna cheat. u can do whatever u want its ur choice just plz dont be like the rest of the noobs and ask why they cant get it up... anyways..

If its for physique only at 19, then ur too lazy and impatient.

and doing a low dose cycle, when ur natural is the highest ever... is pointless

my mate ran this same cycle at only 17, using just nolva for pct and his cock works fine from what he tells me (no homo) and he still grew after the cycle. but i just wanted to take extra precaution and do a 'foolproof' pct.
    and who am i 'cheating' huh? I will exist on this planet only once, may as well live it up

edit: and its hardly pointless, my buddy said his 3 big lifts literally skyrocketed on cycle, he more than doubled his squat max

RoidReaper is offline Member
    You do know that if you do cycle, you still have to eat to grow right? I dont think many people understand this. I dont care how much juice your pumping, if your not eating your not growing... Period.

Lol, of course, why would i think otherwise. i just ate so much steak I feel like im gonna chuck

RoidReaper is offline Member
    Right....

See the problem is, you can gain alot naturally by eating alot. OMG WOW!!!!

Try 6000 calories a day without juice and see what happens. Youll grow like a weed.

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    run a low aromatising steroid such as var

problem?

Blog Entries
    dumb^

will he prolly be fine... yes..

is it a smart decision... NO..

buffgator is offline king of mass
    There's no such thing as a way to keep your growth plates from closing.

Blog Entries
    ^^ estrogen closes them prematurely, when elevated on cycle

buffgator is offline king of mass
    yea you can certainly do things to close them but not to prevent them from closing

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by truerebel View Post
    I appreciate your concern, but surely a 8 week cycle of low dose with proper precautions wouldnt be enough to close the plates?
    I swear on this forum unless you're 30 years old and 220lbs natty you 'shouldnt be using steroids '
    I'm not trying to surpass a natural limit, I'm simply trying to get my goal physique faster so I can enjoy it while i am young and living it up
    you can rationalise it anyway you want. its only 8 weeks its a low dose. Well the dose is more then 4x the trt dose.
    Will it work out fine? possibly Will its screw you up? possibly
    I've been here a long time. I've seen plenty of young kids get good results and no sides. I've seen plenty of kids also come on here that lost all their gains and cant get good erections. Like you said you only live once so live it up. How much would you be living it up if you cant get it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post
    dumb^

will he prolly be fine... yes..

is it a smart decision... NO..
    use the steroid with the least chance of plate closure

"nope not a good idea hur dur"

NO

Blog Entries
    So you are saying that anavar only cycle would be good?

DGK
    DGK is offline Member
    i love noobs that come on here ask for advice then totally disregard it..

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member
    Look at it this way you are putting an outside(man made test) source into a internal source(your natural test). What this is going to do is slow and then stop your test in your body once you start adding an outside source. Once that man made test leaves your system and you start your pct it will restart your natural production however it will not be as it was before due to shutting yourself down at a earlier age when your body is trying to figure out how it is going to be for the rest of your life. Sure others can say they are fine but in the long run they are not quite as able to gain muscle weight or as sexually active as they were before(even if it is by a slight amount) and how are they to know what there peak sexual amount is. That slight amount will deminish over the years earlier then it should be if you cycle earlier then you should. We will all experience that sometime in our lives but why start it now at such a young age where things are thriving I do not know but that is why there will always be the ones that do and the ones who will hate it much later in there lives!

So you are saying that anavar only cycle would be good?
    Ah there we go...
    you came around and admitted that I was correct after you called me dumb

to answer the question yes any low aromatizing steroid would be recommended to avoid plate closure in young users in the medical world

Of course I would not recommend anything of the sort to a young 19 y/o due to forum policy

chris098 is offline New Member
    Hey guys, im 18, im turnning 19 this july 28th im taking DBol 5mg, of it daily for 3 weeks, iv been on it for 1 week and so far i have no bad side effects, im just scared of my growth plates closing will i be okay if this is the one and only cycle i do its only
    5 mg of dbol a day. that and a multi vitamine and a protine shake.

Thanks gents.
    I Appreciate the reasponces!

DGK
    DGK is offline Member
    smh.....

lc1213 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chris098 View Post
    Hey guys, im 18, im turnning 19 this july 28th im taking DBol 5mg, of it daily for 3 weeks, iv been on it for 1 week and so far i have no bad side effects, im just scared of my growth plates closing will i be okay if this is the one and only cycle i do its only
    5 mg of dbol a day. that and a multi vitamine and a protine shake.

Thanks gents.
    I Appreciate the reasponces!
    I'm no expert but by reading this thread you should be aware of the problems that can arise while using aas at a young age. Not only premature growth plate closure, but screwing up you HPTA, the ability to get an erection, having kids, and so on and so forth. Do you have a pct planned? If you are only 1 week in, I would stop immediately and run a pct for a few days.

At 18-19 years old, you have the test levels that a lot of us on here would love to have. Take this opportunity of being 18 and use a proper diet and training to obtain your goals. With a good clean diet and proper training you can get there without AAS. AAS isn't a magical compound that will instantly transform your body.
    Last edited by lc1213; 06-08-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Do you honestly think i should just stop? i cant finish it? i only have a week and a 4 days left

DGK
    DGK is offline Member
    did u do any research b4 just taking aas?

Its your body and your choice. You asked for some input and gave it too you. Like I said I am no expert but you should have done a little more research before jumping in feet first. Are you taking anything to help maintain your liver while running d-bol? Do you have a PCT planned? Are you eating enough calories, protein, carbs, etc? Do you even know what your calorie, protein, carb, and fat intake needs to be?

Quote Originally Posted by DGK View Post
    did u do any research b4 just taking aas?
    He must not of, he's 18 and taking aas. That alone should be an inclination that he didn't research aas. I can speak for most of us on this forum and other formus that it took us years before considering a cycle and lots of research

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PK-V View Post
    Ah there we go...
    you came around and admitted that I was correct after you called me dumb

to answer the question yes any low aromatizing steroid would be recommended to avoid plate closure in young users in the medical world

Of course I would not recommend anything of the sort to a young 19 y/o due to forum policy

I never said you were correct. I was making sure that was what you were saying.

and theres a policy on age? or a recommendation? if someone comes here prepared and willing and knowing, then ill make sure he gets the right advice. But 99% of those arent prepared, so its easy to keep the age thing.

and using a low aromatizing steroid to avoid plate closure wont help it, cuz it will still be seen at test in ur body, so the natty test will be aromatized more, increasing estrogen closing the plates.

so no, i do not think you are correct.

I never said you were correct. I was making sure that was what you were saying.

and theres a policy on age? or a recommendation? if someone comes here prepared and willing and knowing, then ill make sure he gets the right advice. But 99% of those arent prepared, so its easy to keep the age thing.

and using a low aromatizing steroid to avoid plate closure wont help it, cuz it will still be seen at test in ur body, so the natty test will be aromatized more, increasing estrogen closing the plates.

so no, i do not think you are correct.
    well then thankyou im done using them since iv only been on for a week i should be okay right?

Blog Entries
    yes stop now. w/ ur age you should bounce back fine.

borkach is offline Junior Member
    i did my first cycle at 19. i took t bol, and gained good 14 lbs. which was very impressive for tbol. did good pct. and im still fine, its been like 9 months. everything works the same lol! i did blood test before and after, my test levels were the same, even a little higher after the cycle. My balls did shrank a bit, but nolva worked well, and i always had a boner, so my gf was fine!! i think he should try var or tbol. nothing too crazy. and do a proper pct, and diet is the key point!

Thread Information