Frontpump is offline Associate Member

Ocean swim after injection

Pinned this morning and headed out to Malibu about 6 hours later.

Injection site started stinging pretty good, of course from the salt.

Some swim in pools immediately after pinning. Ocean doesn't have any chlorine though. Def not sterile in any way.

Skip it today? Re-clean the site?

Still newb

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    It shouldn't have any effect on your injection site at all,,,the pool or the ocean.

Quester is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Malibu...
    The increased salt of the ocean should reduce swelling and soreness. This is the logic behind compresses which, have been in use for thousands of years because they work.
    Isn't stinging on the skin what nerves in a naive (inexperienced state) have before the brain has enough knowledge to differentiate between pain, good pain, discomfort, uncomfort...

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Very few bacteria can grow in a salty medium. And UV light kills bacteria. So yeah, ocean water is pretty damn clean.
    Even so, you realize that you have an immune system, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Very few bacteria can grow in a salty medium. And UV light kills bacteria. So yeah, ocean water is pretty damn clean.
    Even so, you realize that you have an immune system, right?
    Partially compromised immune system in my case. Blood work showed low lymphocytes. Maybe nothing though.

Even great immune systems don't always win. A pal just had a foot amputated due to a bad infection. Uncommon yes, though remains a risk.

Didn't know that about uv light though.

I'd rather just not get an infection. As usual asking Google yields conflicting logic. Salt is good, yet ocean microbes are bad etc. some nurse says don't be a fool, others say it's great for wound therapy...on and on.

Idk. Won't be an issue 5 days of the week anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Frontpump
    Partially compromised immune system in my case. Blood work showed low lymphocytes. Maybe nothing though. Even great immune systems don't always win. A pal just had a foot amputated due to a bad infection. Uncommon yes, though remains a risk. Didn't know that about uv light though. I'd rather just not get an infection. As usual asking Google yields conflicting logic. Salt is good, yet ocean microbes are bad etc. some nurse says don't be a fool, others say it's great for wound therapy...on and on. Idk. Won't be an issue 5 days of the week anyway
    Do you seriously think that 6 hours after injecting that the tiny hole where you injected hasn't closed up?
    How about the millions of diabetics that swim everyday?
    Are they getting infected left and right?

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Do you seriously think that 6 hours after injecting that the tiny hole where you injected hasn't closed up?
    How about the millions of diabetics that swim everyday?
    Are they getting infected left and right?
    Yea I assumed it did, up until the ocean water caused it to sting. So IDFK. thanks

PrettyPlease? is offline Banned
    I think your odds of getting eaten by a shark might actually be higher than your risk of infection. I think you are fine.

Fetch is offline Member
    You're fine dude lol. If there WAS an infection, it would have occurred from the injection, not the ocean. I've been on TRT for over a decade and have never had an infection. Alcohol swab the vial, stick and fill, alcohol swab the arm (or whatever), and throw it in there.

KA24 is offline Junior Member
    I mean, think about it. I've pinned and gone to the gym, sweated my ass off and touched dirty ass equipment for 2 hours. Your much more likely to develop an infection from not cleaning the injection site prior to pinning, not from exposing the "wound" afterwards.

Thread Information