WildHorse is offline New Member

Planning 1st cycle, any advise appreciated!

Hey guys,

Planning my first cycle at the moment, would love any help or feedback that anyone can offer, especially regarding PCT.

Info about me first, 25 years old, been in the gym around 6 years, last 4 years serious lifting. I'm 5'7, weight is typically between 185-195lbs, bf% around 15% at a guess. Strength and size have both slowed right down, still making slow progress tho. Diet is clean and consistent around 90% of the time, hardly any alcohol etc. Have been considering taking steroids for over a year now, but wanted to wait a little longer until I had a better understanding. Im committed now but want to have everything planned out so I can get everything I need in advance. Will be getting blood work done before starting my cycle, sometime during and also after, just not sure on timing for during and after tests.

Current plan for cycle is 500mg Test C per week, 10 weeks
    From my research I'm planning to taper down from 500mg Test to a lower dosage weeks 10-12 while also beginning to take HCG , probably 300mg week 11, 150mg week 12
    Undecided on Nolva or an AI for use during cycle, might start with Nolva with an AI on hand then change if blood work doesn't look as good as it could do?
    Will then be taking Clomid from week 13, unsure of duration however.

Obviously there are still a lot of question marks concerning PCT and protection while on cycle. For every piece of advise I find recommending one thing, something else recommends another.
    Figured I might as well lay out my plan and see if anyone has some good advice for me, open to all feedback!

Thanks!

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Take Al and run hcg dearing cycle.

Nolva, clomid for pct.

Read the sticky "planning and executing my first cycle plain "

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    No need to taper the dose down

Go 500mg per week for the full cycle, wether you choose 10 or 12 weeks. But dont taper down, its pretty pointless imo.

Run AI and HCG through the full cycle, no need to run nolva through the cycle unless you have gyno.

Nolva and Clomid for PCT.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by 73rr View Post
    Take Al and run hcg dearing cycle.

Nolva, clomid for pct.

Read the sticky "planning and executing my first cycle plain "
    Thanks for that, just a few questions,

Ive heard its not a great idea to use HCG for extended periods, would there be much difference between HCG from week 1 vs starting later into the cycle?

Also is there any benefit to tapering down test over the last few weeks? Basing this decision from this info from another site, "Avoid an abrupt discontinuance of all steroids at the same time because the body would enter an immediate catabolic phase. The cortisone receptors will be free and in combination with the low testosterone and androgen levels a considerable loss of strength and mass, and an increase of fat and water, and often gynecomastia will occur. Gynecomastia is possible because the suddenly low androgen level shifts the relationship in favor of the estrogens which suddenly become the domineering hormone. Especially eye-catching is also the extreme listlessness to training or sex and a generally weak state of mind of several athletes. If not forced because of medical reasons never discontinue steroids "cold turkey"

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF

Quote Originally Posted by WildHorse View Post
    Thanks for that, just a few questions,

Ive heard its not a great idea to use HCG for extended periods, would there be much difference between HCG from week 1 vs starting later into the cycle?

Also is there any benefit to tapering down test over the last few weeks? Basing this decision from this info from another site, "Avoid an abrupt discontinuance of all steroids at the same time because the body would enter an immediate catabolic phase. The cortisone receptors will be free and in combination with the low testosterone and androgen levels a considerable loss of strength and mass, and an increase of fat and water, and often gynecomastia will occur. Gynecomastia is possible because the suddenly low androgen level shifts the relationship in favor of the estrogens which suddenly become the domineering hormone. Especially eye-catching is also the extreme listlessness to training or sex and a generally weak state of mind of several athletes. If not forced because of medical reasons never discontinue steroids "cold turkey"
    Nope, there is no point in tapering. U will be shut down weather your taking 500mg or 100mg a week of test.

Everything taxman said is spot on and read the link he gave u on hcg.

Quote Originally Posted by 73rr View Post
    Nope, there is no point in tapering. U will be shut down weather your taking 500mg or 100mg a week of test.

Everything taxman said is spot on and read the link he gave u on hcg.
    That makes sense, wasn't really thinking about it from that angle.

Thats awesome tho, thanks for your help 73rr

And taxman, that link helps a lot, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by WildHorse View Post
    That makes sense, wasn't really thinking about it from that angle.

Thats awesome tho, thanks for your help 73rr

And taxman, that link helps a lot, cheers
    Anytime! if u have any questions ask away.

Xv1d is offline Junior Member
    First cycle advice thread with OP actually looking for advice and willing to change his plan, amazing. *Thumbs up*

Good luck on your first cycle

Thread Information