Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Vash the Stampede
  • 1 Post By FlemSnopes

Thread: Sprinting Cycle

FlemSnopes is offline New Member

Sprinting Cycle

I'm in my 30s and I recreationally run track (sprints). 5'8, 150 lbs, probably 9% bodyfat.
    I'm on prescription Clomid for my testosterone therapy , but ever since beginning that I've been thinking more about AAS. My goals of a cycle are as follows:

* Get faster
    * Get stronger
    * Lose a bit of fat
    * Gain the least amount of weight as possible

After reading around a lot, my idea is this:

8 week cycle
    Weeks 1-8: 300mg test cyp (split between Monday/Thursday injections of 150mg)
    Weeks 1-8: Arimidex - still researching dosages
    PCT: Clomid 100/75/50 (back to my normal 50 dose)

I understand that 300 is a low dose but I'm not interested in gaining mass at all. I want to run faster and lift more. Everywhere I look online, bodybuilders laugh at sprinters' cycles as being too low dosed to do anything, yet plenty of guys seem to have success with these relatively low doses (like Ben Johnson 3 weeks on/3 off of dianabol /winstrol /furazabol year round). If I can keep acne and balding mostly at bay with a lower dose, I'll take it. I think 8 weeks is short enough that I don't need to worry about HCG .

My main holdup is having my wife notice (a) injection site or (b) increased acne. I was very acne prone as a teen - nothing since late teens - so I worry that even a low-dose test cycle could raise her suspicions. No, I shouldn't hide it from her but there's a lot to the story here.

My only other thought is that maybe a short Anavar cycle would be preferable for the mass-specific strength increases I'm looking for. If I did the Anavar-only, it might be

Weeks 1-7: Anavar, 40mg/day
    PCT: Same as above

OR, if I didn't want to disrupt my already-malfunctioning HPTA (hence being on Clomid already), maybe some combination of peptides.

1) Which of these makes the most sense for my goals?

2) Could I expect to see similar benefits for sprinting with some combination of peptides that won't shut my natural testosterone down?

3) Timing: Is it most rational to do this:

A) In the pre-preseason (roughly 5 months before competition) when I'll be in the gym the most and will have plenty of time to normalize after PCT
    B) In the preseason (the 8-10 weeks leading up to first competition), with PCT planned for the final two weeks before first competition
    C) During competition season (season will generally last about 10 weeks, so last competition would be during PCT)

Thanks!

Test Cyp is a long ester and should be run for 12 weeks. Anavar is a good option also but I get severe pumps where I can't flex my ankle. It might not be ideal for a sprinter not to be able to flex the ankle. I'd go with a 12 week Test E or Test C cycle. Oh, you're gonna get acne. That's just the deal. You run Test, you're gonna get acne until your body gets used to the exogenous test. Read the posts below.

My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle
    http://forums.steroid.com/steroid-co...acne-free.html

Thanks.
    I've heard that about Anavar too, though I know of quite a few sprinters who have used it. I've heard conflicting things about acne with Anavar.

Any input about peptides that may be useful? I doubt I can afford real HGH, which would likely be the most effective non-steroid I could use.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    For wat its worth Ben Johnson used Staninzol (spelling) when he got popped.You might want too look into that.

Carl Lewis was tagged with Albuterol but didn't get popped.

Vash the Stampede is offline Associate Member
    Don't do oral only cycles. Anavar for example will suppress your natural production of testosterone and you will be left in a low testosterone state. Trust me its not something you want.

My recommendation: Low dose test at 300-400mg per week, and ONE other DHT based steroid such Anavar/Winstrol /Masteron etc.

This to be used for around 12 weeks with the appropriate ancillaries of course. AI, HCG , liver support and so on.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede View Post
    Don't do oral only cycles. Anavar for example will suppress your natural production of testosterone and you will be left in a low testosterone state. Trust me its not something you want.

My recommendation: Low dose test at 300-400mg per week, and ONE other DHT based steroid such Anavar/Winstrol /Masteron etc.

This to be used for around 12 weeks with the appropriate ancillaries of course. AI, HCG, liver support and so on.
    I hope you're not recommending 12 weeks of orals?

Quote Originally Posted by Livinlean View Post
    I hope you're not recommending 12 weeks of orals?
    Definitely not. 3-4 weeks at the most. Forgot to put that part in there. Pulsing can also be considered
    Livinlean likes this.

Thanks for the advice.
    What about a "TRT Plus" dose of the testosterone , just to keep some test in the body, stacked with the Anavar as the real ergogenic aid? Maybe like 200-250mg/week?

Quote Originally Posted by FlemSnopes View Post
    Thanks for the advice.
    What about a "TRT Plus" dose of the testosterone, just to keep some test in the body, stacked with the Anavar as the real ergogenic aid? Maybe like 200-250mg/week?
    That can definitely work. But it's impossible to say how you body will respond and to what extent your performance will increase.

Follow my original guidelines and adjust with future cycles if needed. Don't forget AI, HCG , proper PCT, liver support etc.
    Last edited by Vash the Stampede; 08-19-2016 at 02:49 PM.

That can definitely work. But it's impossible to say how you body will respond and to what extent your performance will increase.

Follow my original guidelines and adjust with future cycles if needed. Don't forget AI, HCG, proper PCT, liver support etc.
    Okay, I think I will go with the original.

I'm also thinking of doing sandwiching the testosterone cycle between two 4 week IGF-1Lr cycles. I've heard of sprinters having success with IGF1LR.

Definitely not. 3-4 weeks at the most. Forgot to put that part in there. Pulsing can also be considered
    Would you mind explaining how pulsing would work in this scenario?

And does anyone have timing advice?

I could do this:
    * Off-season
    * Pre-season
    * During competition

If I could expect much higher/faster motor unit activity while on cycle, such that my actual sprinting performance would be best while on cycle (even if I maintained 100% of the hypertrophy gains after PCT), then waiting until competition would make the most sense. But if those effects are overblown or can be held onto after the cycle to a significant degree, off-season or pre-season might put me in a better position going into the competition season.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member

This to be used for around 12 weeks with the appropriate ancillaries of course. AI, HCG, liver support and so on.
    Won't that dose of testosterone surpress your natural production as well..I read on a testosterone description on a suppliers site and it said " 300mg/ week or less will not arimotize. Is this true and will that lower dose as you suggested not surpress natural production ..?

Would you mind explaining how pulsing would work in this scenario?

And does anyone have timing advice?

I could do this:
    * Off-season
    * Pre-season
    * During competition

If I could expect much higher/faster motor unit activity while on cycle, such that my actual sprinting performance would be best while on cycle (even if I maintained 100% of the hypertrophy gains after PCT), then waiting until competition would make the most sense. But if those effects are overblown or can be held onto after the cycle to a significant degree, off-season or pre-season might put me in a better position going into the competition season.
    Alrighty first thing....

Pulsing is usually referred to as using oral anabolics for shorter periods of time to reduce side effects. For example 7 days on, 7 days off. This is not cast in stone, and there are many other ways to pulse as well. 10 days on 5 days off etc.

Now the research regarding athletic enhancement shows that your biggest increases in performance will be on cycle. The risidual effects can be noticeable, but performance will always decrease post cycle.

The answer as to when it would be most beneficial is obviously when you need the performance increase the most. That would be during competition. But should be beware of testing. This could throw a wrench in your plans.

Most professional athletes have highly effective off season and on season cycles designed to specifically maximise performance and reduce the likelihood of failing tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    Won't that dose of testosterone surpress your natural production as well..I read on a testosterone description on a suppliers site and it said " 300mg/ week or less will not arimotize. Is this true and will that lower dose as you suggested not surpress natural production ..?
    Not sure where you got that misinformation, but any exogenous test will supress your natural production. Your body is very smart, it does not care about the amount of test you take, it will simply suppress natural production when it detects exogenous test.

All test aromatizes. No matter if it 2mg or 300mg or 1000mg. Some guys taking TRT test dose have estrogen issues even at 100mg per week. It also depends on the inidivuduals genetics and how much their body will aromatize. Only blood work will give you a clear picture of E2.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    300mg test a week will lead to 100% shutdown of endogenous test production, so will 250mg a week.

Since you're after athletic performance i would consider not using an AI unless needed, as AIs often drive estrogen down quite a lot which can lead to increased joint pain and such. However, the AI will prevent you from gaining much water weight, which I understand you don't want either.

The suggestion of combining test with a DHT compound like masteron or winstrol makes a lot of sense.
    Testosterone is great for both strength and mass gains, and also needed during any cycle to feel well, and the addition of masteron or winstrol would increase strength without any water.

As to suggestions for when to run the cycle, if your competition isn't drug tested then I'd have the competition on the last week of the cycle.
    On top of that you can take a very androgenic compound on the competition day, f.ex Halotestin /fluoxymesterone, since it will increase your strength (&sprint) immediately, because high androgens seem to boost the CNS control over muscles.
    (Read about mestanolone/methyl-DHT/STS646, a compound that seem to have almost zero anabolic activity, yet so androgenic it was much used to increase speed/strength/focus)

You could also run the cycle so that you're finished with PCT and feeling back to normal on competition day, and take a high androgenic compound as a boost on the competition.
    The actual increase in athletic performance that you get almost instantly when using androgens are quite remarkable, depending on the compound ofcourse.
    But since you can get oral androgens to take on the competition day anyway, you don't need to be on cycle at that time, but ofcourse you could, and it would eliminate any need for an extra compound.

Sorry to repeat what other have allready said, but I didn't refresh the page in a long time so I didn't see their posts.
    Last edited by DocToxin8; 09-19-2016 at 04:13 PM.

Anavar for example will suppress your natural production of testosterone and you will be left in a low testosterone state. Trust me its not something you want.

My recommendation: Low dose test at 300-400mg per week
    It said that when I clicked on "more info" for a testosterone product on a site. It had a brief description on the substance but it also said that under 300mg/week won't aromatize. And I figured that you gave that weekly dosage, saying that it's less likely to surpress your natural production since before that you said "do not do anavar. ...

Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post
    300mg test a week will lead to 100% shutdown of endogenous test production, so will 250mg a week.

Since you're after athletic performance i would consider not using an AI unless needed, as AIs often drive estrogen down quite a lot which can lead to increased joint pain and such. However, the AI will prevent you from gaining much water weight, which I understand you don't want either.

The suggestion of combining test with a DHT compound like masteron or winstrol makes a lot of sense.
    Testosterone is great for both strength and mass gains, and also needed during any cycle to feel well, and the addition of masteron or winstrol would increase strength without any water.

As to suggestions for when to run the cycle, if your competition isn't drug tested then I'd have the competition on the last week of the cycle.
    On top of that you can take a very androgenic compound on the competition day, f.ex Halotestin /fluoxymesterone, since it will increase your strength (&sprint) immediately, because high androgens seem to boost the CNS control over muscles.
    (Read about mestanolone/methyl-DHT/STS646, a compound that seem to have almost zero anabolic activity, yet so androgenic it was much used to increase speed/strength/focus)

You could also run the cycle so that you're finished with PCT and feeling back to normal on competition day, and take a high androgenic compound as a boost on the competition.
    The actual increase in athletic performance that you get almost instantly when using androgens are quite remarkable, depending on the compound ofcourse.
    But since you can get oral androgens to take on the competition day anyway, you don't need to be on cycle at that time, but ofcourse you could, and it would eliminate any need for an extra compound.

Sorry to repeat what other have allready said, but I didn't refresh the page in a long time so I didn't see their posts.

I totally forgot about the intense pure aggression and strength that haloestin creates when taken like a month before performing.. I figure that would be truly awesome fro sprints. Given your well conditioned beyond that
    Last edited by Marsoc; 09-20-2016 at 06:23 AM.

4linked is offline Associate Member
    I'm in my 30s and I recreationally run track (sprints). 5'8, 150 lbs, probably 9% bodyfat.
    I'm on prescription Clomid for my testosterone therapy , but ever since beginning that I've been thinking more about AAS. My goals of a cycle are as follows:

* Get faster
    * Get stronger
    * Lose a bit of fat
    * Gain the least amount of weight as possible

After reading around a lot, my idea is this:

8 week cycle
    Weeks 1-8: 300mg test cyp (split between Monday/Thursday injections of 150mg)
    Weeks 1-8: Arimidex - still researching dosages
    PCT: Clomid 100/75/50 (back to my normal 50 dose)

I understand that 300 is a low dose but I'm not interested in gaining mass at all. I want to run faster and lift more. Everywhere I look online, bodybuilders laugh at sprinters' cycles as being too low dosed to do anything, yet plenty of guys seem to have success with these relatively low doses (like Ben Johnson 3 weeks on/3 off of dianabol /winstrol /furazabol year round). If I can keep acne and balding mostly at bay with a lower dose, I'll take it. I think 8 weeks is short enough that I don't need to worry about HCG .

My main holdup is having my wife notice (a) injection site or (b) increased acne. I was very acne prone as a teen - nothing since late teens - so I worry that even a low-dose test cycle could raise her suspicions. No, I shouldn't hide it from her but there's a lot to the story here.

My only other thought is that maybe a short Anavar cycle would be preferable for the mass-specific strength increases I'm looking for. If I did the Anavar-only, it might be

Weeks 1-7: Anavar, 40mg/day
    PCT: Same as above

OR, if I didn't want to disrupt my already-malfunctioning HPTA (hence being on Clomid already), maybe some combination of peptides.

1) Which of these makes the most sense for my goals?

2) Could I expect to see similar benefits for sprinting with some combination of peptides that won't shut my natural testosterone down?

3) Timing: Is it most rational to do this:

A) In the pre-preseason (roughly 5 months before competition) when I'll be in the gym the most and will have plenty of time to normalize after PCT
    B) In the preseason (the 8-10 weeks leading up to first competition), with PCT planned for the final two weeks before first competition
    C) During competition season (season will generally last about 10 weeks, so last competition would be during PCT)

Thanks!
    If your on testosterone therapy no need to worry about being shutdown and no need for pct. So yes in your case you could try var

Quote Originally Posted by 4linked View Post
    If your on testosterone therapy no need to worry about being shutdown and no need for pct. So yes in your case you could try var
    Sorry for the confusion, but I'm not on TRT. I'm on clomid monotherapy. It took me from a Free T level in the 70s to the 170s. Total T gains were much less impressive: 300 to 530.

boisebeast is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlemSnopes
    Sorry for the confusion, but I'm not on TRT. I'm on clomid monotherapy. It took me from a Free T level in the 70s to the 170s. Total T gains were much less impressive: 300 to 530.
    What's your protocol for the clomid monotherapy?

Quote Originally Posted by boisebeast View Post
    What's your protocol for the clomid monotherapy?
    50mg/day.
    That's really high but I tried it at 25mg/day and my Free T dropped by 70 points from where it was at 50mg/day. My pituitary response to the Clomid is pretty weak, judging by my still-low LH levels (3.5-4.5, up from 2.0 pre-Clomid).

I'll move on to injections at some point. Maybe sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    I totally forgot about the intense pure aggression and strength that haloestin creates when taken like a month before performing.. I figure that would be truly awesome fro sprints. Given your well conditioned beyond that

I considered Halo but don't want to deal with the hepatoxicity, the androgenic effects, and I already have iffy cholesterol numbers. The alleged radical mass-specific strength increases do sound great though.

Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post

Wow, amazing post. I really appreciate the info, DocToxin.
    DocToxin8 likes this.

Thanks a lot!

I'm not saying you should run a halotestin cycle,
    but that you use it on competition day only,
    or maybe during a couple of other workouts just to see your reaction to it.
    Start at 20mg taken 2 hours before.
    Do a couple of workouts with it and see when and how many mgs you'll need and can take.

But it depends on if you're willing to get a another compound just for use during important sprints.
    And beware, while it may give you energy at first, it doesn't take that many days before you feel worn out on it.
    But even then, my experience was that I felt great in the gym,
    but always tired/lethargic the rest of the day.

It's a great sex drug too, although proviron makes more sense for this.

Ah, forgot about that, a high dose proviron could mimic halotestin as a booster.

Yeah, I inferred that from your post. I like the idea a lot - if there's an immediate neuromuscular benefit then taking it only before competitions seems like a no-brainer. Testing it out in practice is smart.

My competition schedule is roughly 10-12 weeks long. I am a little wary of trying this for 10 Saturdays in a row, but I'm not sure if that fear is rational. If that's too long to do even once-weekly Halo "boost" dosages, then maybe I'll just try it for the last 4 weeks.

With all this in mind, I think what I'll try the following in the 8 weeks immediately preceding the first competition:

Weeks 1-8: Test E (200-250mg/week); Anavar (40mg/day)
    Week 8, race day: 20mg Halo

Then I let everything clear out and do PCT during the 3 week break before my indoor and outdoor competitions. After that, 20mg Halo on select competition days.

If I have multiple races in a day, I definitely want to avoid the lethargy. Usually there will be breaks of an hour to two hours before races. If I have 3 races a day, that means about 5 total hours. How long after initially taking it did you start to feel the lethargy?

Oh, the lethargic feeling was from ED use, (with some days break, but then I used anadrol ), I would say it took at least a week.
    But you can't now how quickly this will happen.
    I don't think it happens with once a week low dosing, but since the dose used can be up to 40mg, then that would stay in your system a couple of days, affecting lipids and perhaps also causing lethargy.

i would experiment a little long before the race,
    as the lethargic feeling may take longer to subside when using other orals.
    (It took me 10-14 days to recover I think)

Just wanted to update this in case anyone is reading.

Due to some severe shipping delays from one source, and an unexpected vacation being scheduled early this year, I decided to go off-course. After reading quite a bit about Charlie Francis' 3-on/3-off schedule for Ben Johnson, I thought I'd go with:

3 weeks - MDHT @ 50mg/ED
    4 weeks - mini-PCT/break/vacation
    6 weeks - low-dose test & MDHT (this is the period where my competitions are)

Doc Toxin's advice re: MDHT was invaluable. Only a few days in and I'm already in love. It seems to have a fantastic nootropic effect that's helpful for my profession too, so I've been doing 20mg in the morning and 30mg in the afternoon.

The effect of the MDHT was immediate. I had my best practice of the year on my first day. I understand why bodybuilders have little use for this stuff, but any athletes who are reading: this seems to be perfect for sports where mass-specific force is at a premium (track, powerlifting, gymnastics probably, maybe swimming).

I'm still taking my Clomid daily right now because...well, why not?
    I know it's not going to prevent suppression, but I wonder if it slows the rate thereof.
    I note also that a study on MDHT apparently showed no suppression after 6 weeks @ 20mg.

Thread Information