• 2 Post By MuscleScience
  • 2 Post By TRA
  • 1 Post By PT1982
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By Couchlock

Thread: Headache on clen

gangen is offline Junior Member

Headache on clen

So im doing a 2 week 40mcg cycel on clen only cycle (first time using it) and it's now day 4 im using it. I take it in the morning and i've been getting light heache all day today and a little bit yestarday. I've taken painkillers to ease the headache but it's really bothering me. Im considering stop using it altogether. Im also feeling a lot more hungry on clen and eat a lot more..
    MuscleScience likes this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    That's why I watch my diet and do cardio. Clen and all the other fat burners just aren't worth the risk for a bit more hard work on the threadmill and kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by gangen View Post
    Im also feeling a lot more hungry on clen and eat a lot more..
    net result is that you'll gain weight and have a headache.

just stop using it IMHO
    TRA and MuscleScience like this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    net result is that you'll gain weight and have a headache.

just stop using it IMHO
    Im trying to gain weight, Im am already fairly lean at 85 kg (187.393lbs), and just want to taper a bit.

Im trying to gain weight, Im am already fairly lean at 85 kg (187.393lbs), and just want to taper a bit.
    What????
    Why are you taking clen if you are trying to gain weight?
    Clen is a stimulant not an anabolic .
    PT1982 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    What????
    Why are you taking clen if you are trying to gain weight?
    Clen is a stimulant not an anabolic.
    I've been lean bulking for over 1 year and gained around 11-12kg in this time with minimal fat. I'm 18 so i got natural high test levels and don't want to ruin this with anabolics yet. The way i thought taking clen would affect me is that i can still build muscle and lose fat at the same time, because my diet is already pretty solid.

Blog Entries
    I've been lean bulking for over 1 year and gained around 11-12kg in this time with minimal fat. I'm 18 so i got natural high test levels and don't want to ruin this with anabolics yet. The way i thought taking clen would affect me is that i can still build muscle and lose fat at the same time, because my diet is already pretty solid.
    You don't need Clen at your age, it can really fuck with your thyroid at your age. Clen is really for guys dieting the last 4-6 weeks before a show. When 1or 2 % of body fat makes a difference. If say your 10% bf you won't really benefit from it. It's somewhat helpful when you are 8% or below. But most guys are on anabolics anyway to prevent muscle loss. They are also dieting very hard, their thyroid is shut down anyway so they don't worry about Clen messing with it.
    The Deadlifting Dog and Obs like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Probably good idea to listen to the advice above. I have no experience with clen and never will. You might want to check your bp if still using it to make sure that isn't where the headache is coming from...due to clen
    Obs and MuscleScience like this.

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm with everyone else in saying toss the clen . I hate It and find any benefits aren't worth feeling like crap on it, which I do. You're young, so you're able to do what many of us older guys can't. Enjoy your youth and build the best body possible naturally while you can!
    MuscleScience likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    You don't need Clen at your age, it can really fuck with your thyroid at your age. Clen is really for guys dieting the last 4-6 weeks before a show. When 1or 2 % of body fat makes a difference. If say your 10% bf you won't really benefit from it. It's somewhat helpful when you are 8% or below. But most guys are on anabolics anyway to prevent muscle loss. They are also dieting very hard, their thyroid is shut down anyway so they don't worry about Clen messing with it.
    Can clen mess with my thyroid hormone?? I thought only t3 did that. Im guessing im at porbbaly somewhere around 12-15% bf, so i wasn't expecting a huge difference, but some. However it's only been four days and if the side effects is gonna be this bad for the whole cycle i'd rather just stop now. Guessing it's not worth the effects. And you would probably not recommend to up the dose either.

Blog Entries
    Can clen mess with my thyroid hormone?? I thought only t3 did that. Im guessing im at porbbaly somewhere around 12-15% bf, so i wasn't expecting a huge difference, but some. However it's only been four days and if the side effects is gonna be this bad for the whole cycle i'd rather just stop now. Guessing it's not worth the effects. And you would probably not recommend to up the dose either.
    Yeah, it will decrease your t3/t4 which will retard your metabolic rate. That is why you see all these dudes doing both t3/4 and Clen together. To be honest a little trick I learned about when I was a practicing exercise physiologist was to get your serum lactic acid levels extremely high through HIIT training 2-3 times a day. Because that will spike your natural growth hormone almost as high as taking exogenous HGH. My buddies that compete in physique, all do this. One of them is anc NPC pro. He does HIIT AM, Lunch and after weights in the PM. Try that for 4-6 weeks. As long as you dont gorge you will shred, I promise you.
    PT1982 likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Yeah, it will decrease your t3/t4 which will retard your metabolic rate. That is why you see all these dudes doing both t3/4 and Clen together. To be honest a little trick I learned about when I was a practicing exercise physiologist was to get your serum lactic acid levels extremely high through HIIT training 2-3 times a day. Because that will spike your natural growth hormone almost as high as taking exogenous HGH. My buddies that compete in physique, all do this. One of them is anc NPC pro. He does HIIT AM, Lunch and after weights in the PM. Try that for 4-6 weeks. As long as you dont gorge you will shred, I promise you.
    Ok thanks for the answer, im guessing after 4 days there hasn't been too much damage and I did ask on here before if a clen only cycle would have any bad side effects on my hormones and no one said anything about the thyroid hormone. I thought that was only the case with DNP . I did a lot of HIIT cardio last year when i was cutting and went really low on fat. But for now the only cardio i do is heavy cardio such as stairmaster.

Couchlock is offline Banned
    Fwiw, I,have about 75 40mcg clen tabs I do not want...
    Sh0tsf1red likes this.

Blog Entries
    Ok thanks for the answer, im guessing after 4 days there hasn't been too much damage and I did ask on here before if a clen only cycle would have any bad side effects on my hormones and no one said anything about the thyroid hormone. I thought that was only the case with DNP. I did a lot of HIIT cardio last year when i was cutting and went really low on fat. But for now the only cardio i do is heavy cardio such as stairmaster.
    The beauty of HIIT training is you can do it so many ways. It's fun, effective and not boring. Since you're cutting, one trick is to do a tabata like workout. So do a set, get 2-4min of intense exercise like mountain climbers, planks, thrusters, jack squats, half berpes and so on. Spike your heart rate high, your working set is your rest period. Don't take a long time between sets and keep that going. By the time you're done with your workout you have got 30 minutes of weights and 30 minutes of cardio and burned 5-700 calories doing it. You won't lose muscle mass and you won't be bored to death. I did this 6 weeks out from my last show and shredded the fuck up. This pick was a week out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3800.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	169670
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 06-13-2017 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Your you're you are

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just to offer a counter viewpoint. I just finished week 5 of clen on this cycle (40mg). It's my first time ever using it . My diet has been on point, as has my cardio. Things are going well (I'm 45) I've not had any headaches to note, lately I've had a bit of acid reflux but I'm not sure it's because of the clen. My blood pressure and blood work are fine(ish).

I can't honestly say that the clen is responsible for much, I'm just not sure. But my five weeks are up, and I have five weeks left to go on my cycle. So I suppose if everything takes a turn for the worse yet my diet and cardio stay on point, I'll know. So I can't definitively say it was helpful, but I certainly haven't experienced any significant downsides.

Best,
    C-

** huh... The Google suggests that acid reflux is indeed a side effect of Clen. So there ya go.
    Last edited by Charlie67; 06-13-2017 at 09:48 PM.

Thread Information