Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By powerliftmike

Thread: can some steroids make it harder to lose weight?

Donald Trump is offline New Member

can some steroids make it harder to lose weight?

About a year ago when I was 5'10 215 pounds. I tried a cutting cycle of 500 or 750mg per week of Test E with some prop as a kick start. I was taking 100mcg of cytomel upping it up to 150mcg (I know this was ridiculously high, but i couldn't lose any weight for some weird reason.) I was doing 45 minutes to an hour of cardio a day, consuming only about 2000-2500 calories a day (I have a scale so i can weigh my food). I know my cytomel was legit as I felt it's effects ( my heartrate increased, And I had this weird feeling in my neck where my thyroid is located, its not like clen , but it sure as hell isn't subtle either).

The funny thing was that i STRUGGLED to lose weight. I must have lost only 10-15 pounds (including water) during the cut for a WHOLE TEN WEEKS. Now the thing is that a year later., I am doing a cut natty with a somewhat less restrictive diet with no T3, and I appear to be having no problem losing weight. I am losing a good 4-5 pounds a month, so I know it can't be my diet. So there are only two reasons to my understanding to why this can be..

Certain steroids in too high doses make it harder to lose fat? Maybe using Test at 500mg was too high?

Cytomel doesn't work without clen? I never took clen with Cytomel because i don't like clens side effects.

It really blows my mind how hard it was to lose weight with that cycle, and yet i have no problem losing weight now natty. Can anyone give me any insights?

you were holding water.
    both estrogen and testosterone will make you hold water.

did you use an AI?
    songdog likes this.

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    you were holding water.
    both estrogen and testosterone will make you hold water.

did you use an AI?
    This was my first thought...

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Firstly, I am not seeing the problem: You started at 215, lost 10-15, say you are 200 lbs now and then are consistently loosing 4-5 additional pounds per month? Assuming this is fat this seems like fairly good progress. It is difficult to know where you started and where you should be without even an estimate of your bodyfat (use fat calipers).

But for your questions:

1. AAS can make harder to loose fat and bodyweight. The fat mainly due to estrogenic conversion of some AAS and the water from both estorgenically and androgen induced edema and likely higher muscle glycogen stores which is hydrophilic.

2. T3 and T4 both work well and independently of clenbuterol . Clenbuterol acts on the sympathetic nervous system while thyroid hormones systemically raise the metabolic rate by interacting with cellular DNA.

Also keep in mind the common "rebound" people experience after stopping T3/T4 usage. The synthetic replacements have inhibited TRH and TSH hormone release from the negative feedback of the hypothalic-anterior pituitary axis and so endogenous thyroid production is depressed; leaving one with a lower basal metabolic rate than before starting and thus easier adipose accumulation ceteris paribus.
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike View Post
    Firstly, I am not seeing the problem: You started at 215, lost 10-15, say you are 200 lbs now and then are consistently loosing 4-5 additional pounds per month? Assuming this is fat this seems like fairly good progress. It is difficult to know where you started and where you should be without even an estimate of your bodyfat (use fat calipers).

But for your questions:

1. AAS can make harder to loose fat and bodyweight. The fat mainly due to estrogenic conversion of some AAS and the water from both estorgenically and androgen induced edema and likely higher muscle glycogen stores which is hydrophilic.

2. T3 and T4 both work well and independently of clenbuterol . Clenbuterol acts on the sympathetic nervous system while thyroid hormones systemically raise the metabolic rate by interacting with cellular DNA.

Also keep in mind the common "rebound" people experience after stopping T3/T4 usage. The synthetic replacements have inhibited TRH and TSH hormone release from the negative feedback of the hypothalic-anterior pituitary axis and so endogenous thyroid production is depressed; leaving one with a lower basal metabolic rate than before starting and thus easier adipose accumulation ceteris paribus.
    I believe you misinterepted my post (I'm not good at organizing). Currently I am losing 4 to 5 pounds a month presently which is mostly fat, doing it natty, which is good because it does appear to be like 70% fat

I haven't cycled or taken T3 in a year. When I was cycling I weighed about 215 pounds a year ago at the beginning of 10 week cycle of 500mg test and 120mcg up to 150mcg of cytomel everyday, and I only went to down to 195, at least 10 pounds was water weight(when you do keto on a cutting cycle it's amazing how much diet can influence your water weight with high estrogen. I HAD ZERO WATER WEIGHT WHEN I WENT ON KETO, if you ever wondered how Arnold used dianabol to cut, it was probably low sodium and no carbs and it will destroy any water retention you have). But either way, the point is I must have lost only 10 pounds of fat during those ten weeks which I consider dismal progress for someone on a strict diet with frequent cardio and 150mcg of cytomel . Yet I seem to be achieving the same results if not slightly better being natty and following a less restrictive diet. I would expect that with the same diet and results that I am achieving natty that introducing T3 and Test into the mix should make me lose fat at about 10-15 pounds a month instead of 5.

So it makes me wonder whether certain steroids in high enough doses can prevent one from losing weight including fat? I did EVERYTHING I COULD to lose weight. Massive cardio, 150mcg of cytomel Strict diet counting calories.. It amazes me that I could lose weight easier natty then on a T3 test cycle.

I almost always use an AI... Also remember that even if you use an AI going on KETO especially if you don't drink sodium is going to make you lose WAY MORE water than an AI could... I had almost zero water and when I went off the AI during the KETO I still had no water. The one was one of the things that amazed me. I realized that it still is 95% diet that controls your water retention.

Thread Information