Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AlphaMindz
  • 1 Post By Couchlockd

Thread: 2 weeks in and my blood pressure is already high.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member

2 weeks in and my blood pressure is already high.

I always had high blood pressure, but since starting this TRT/cycle at 300mg/week, every time I check my BP, it tends to be 10-20 points higher on the systolic. The diastolic is the same, the pulse is the same. I also started a job so I've been checking it after work. The first time I check it it's like 150/75, then after a few minutes I check it again and it goes to 140/68, then sometimes it goes to 130/65. This is crazy since I don't even feel the steroids yet - how could they raise my blood pressure that high, that quickly??

I've said it before on here, but I'm on a medication for BP and it used to be around 125/70 resting. But holy f*ck dude 25 point increase in 2 weeks???

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Check it at rest the same time of day for several days and compare the readings. Depending on stress levels, physical activity, etc., it can vary although I would expect some variation in your pulse as well.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Check it at rest the same time of day for several days and compare the readings. Depending on stress levels, physical activity, etc., it can vary although I would expect some variation in your pulse as well.
    I have checked it after work (around 6:00 pm) the past few days and it has been around 150-155/70. Prior to this job I was working from home and getting way better levels (but also wasn't on cycle).

I find taking it "at rest" is a little confusing, because for me, a simple thought could make my blood pressure rise. I noticed with my friends that they read 116/80 no matter what they're doing or thinking about - but me, if I just walked or just sat down, it'll read way higher. Don't know if it's because I have muscular arms (18.5") or what it is.

Just checked it now after seeing a hot girl on my computer ;-) and it was 135/75, and 2 minutes later it's 125/70.

AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would increase cardio as that will have a very positive affect on your bp. Lowering your body fat will also have a significant impact on bp so I'm not sure how lean you are currently but that's def something to consider. When I was 230 at 16% bf I consistently had high blood pressure and as I brought my weight down and bf down it normalized. Now even on tren it's within normal range!

The good news is it's not always high which indicates that it's probably stress related and in that case you can try breathing techniques and as corny as it sounds you can also do some meditation in the am when you start your day and repeat through out the day to keep stress levels in check.

I have a high pressure career and my stress levels run very high so I use these techniques frequently as I don't want to take more drugs if I don't have to.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Here's 3 in a row, controlled breathing after cig, on 1.5g gear.

Attachment 174099

As I was taking my 4th reading I got a text from girlfriend, I'd rather not post those results. It was way way higher with pulse in 100's lol.

Always take 3 back to back readings calm, and at rest for 5 minutes
    Chrisp83TRT likes this.

mxgregg is offline Junior Member
    You're not suppose to take more than 1 reading at a time, you can switch arms but you need to wait about 15 min before taking another reading. If you do 3 right in a row they will usually get lower each time and are not accurate. I have high blood pressure and spoke to my doctor about my readings and he is the one that told me to wait before taking a 2nd reading or use the other arm.

Quote Originally Posted by mxgregg View Post
    You're not suppose to take more than 1 reading at a time, you can switch arms but you need to wait about 15 min before taking another reading. If you do 3 right in a row they will usually get lower each time and are not accurate. I have high blood pressure and spoke to my doctor about my readings and he is the one that told me to wait before taking a 2nd reading or use the other arm.
    Mine got higher each time

Also you should never take it on the right arm that's why all blood cuff stations are left arm you take the arm closest to your heart your doctor doesn't know what he's talking about

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMindz View Post
    I would increase cardio as that will have a very positive affect on your bp. Lowering your body fat will also have a significant impact on bp so I'm not sure how lean you are currently but that's def something to consider. When I was 230 at 16% bf I consistently had high blood pressure and as I brought my weight down and bf down it normalized. Now even on tren it's within normal range!

The good news is it's not always high which indicates that it's probably stress related and in that case you can try breathing techniques and as corny as it sounds you can also do some meditation in the am when you start your day and repeat through out the day to keep stress levels in check.

I have a high pressure career and my stress levels run very high so I use these techniques frequently as I don't want to take more drugs if I don't have to.
    I'm about 17% BF at 250 right now. I can definitely use more cardio and I am actually trying to lose 10 lbs of fat the next 3 months. Hopefully I'll look somewhere closer to what you look like in your pic - then just maintain. I agree that it's probably stress related as I just started this new job. Thanks for the tips!

Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Here's 3 in a row, controlled breathing after cig, on 1.5g gear.

Attachment 174099

As I was taking my 4th reading I got a text from girlfriend, I'd rather not post those results. It was way way higher with pulse in 100's lol.

Always take 3 back to back readings calm, and at rest for 5 minutes
    I never took my BP with my last GF but I wouldn't be surprised if it was super high - she would drive me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by mxgregg View Post
    Hmm... the Mayo Clinic and some studies I have read show you should wait about 1-3 minutes between readings to get the most accurate results. 15 minutes seems pretty long to wait. I mean, what's the logic behind waiting so long?

Thread Information