Paranoid is offline Associate Member

How long is too long?

Guys, I have a big dilema on my hands. I am currently on week 4 of a 11 week Test (400mg EW) and 10 week EQ (400mg EW) cycle, with HCG on Sat and Sun at 500i.u. I have been doing a lot of research on this board lately on longer cycles, and was thinking of extending the EQ to 15 weeks and the Test to 16 weeks. My only problem with this idea is that I will have a harder recovery and risk the posibility of permanent HPTA down-regulation. To those that have experience with the traditional 10 week cycles and longer ones as well (e.g. 16 weeks) how much of a difference do those 5 extra weeks make in recovery? BTW, I am taking HCG throughout and will do the standard Clomid along with Nolva PCT.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid
    Guys, I have a big dilema on my hands. I am currently on week 4 of a 11 week Test (400mg EW) and 10 week EQ (400mg EW) cycle, with HCG on Sat and Sun at 500i.u. I have been doing a lot of research on this board lately on longer cycles, and was thinking of extending the EQ to 15 weeks and the Test to 16 weeks. My only problem with this idea is that I will have a harder recovery and risk the posibility of permanent HPTA down-regulation. To those that have experience with the traditional 10 week cycles and longer ones as well (e.g. 16 weeks) how much of a difference do those 5 extra weeks make in recovery? BTW, I am taking HCG throughout and will do the standard Clomid along with Nolva PCT.
    in my experience, a ten week cycle is not all that much different on recovery than a 16 weeker, at least for me it was almost exactly the same, and if you're going to bother with the hcg , you might as well go 16 weeks

RJM03 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I agree, your cycle as is right now doesnt necessitate the use of HCG , but if you have it you mind as well push out 5 more weeks and run he cycle 16 weeks. Besides, who ever wants to come off cycle???

If I extend by 5 weeks, do you think I should increase the Test from 400mg to say 600mg a week? The are theories that state inorder to overcome homeostasis one should switch around the gear or at least increase the amounts used.

TRE
    TRE is offline Anabolic Member
    I would keep it where its at and run it 5 weeks longer. With the use of hcg every week I dont think you will have a hard time recovering. If you see your gains slowing you can always stop early.

bump for more opinions...

platinum is offline Associate Member
    Just keep the test where it is. I'm currently on a 16 weeker that started prop/tren and will end cyp/tren (it's a long story). The recovery will suck, but not a whole lot more than a 12 week would have.

The only other negative thing about a long cycle such as that, is keeping the hardcore motivation, diet, and training throughout the duration of the entire cycle.

Thread Information