Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Back In Black
  • 1 Post By NACH3

Thread: Should you cut immediately after PCT or not?

boisebeast is offline Member

Should you cut immediately after PCT or not?

Something I've always wondered and never fully understood about AAS use is when you should cut. Is it okay to cut as soon as you finish PCT even though your natural test levels will be super low? Should you instead wait a few weeks after you finish PCT to cut or wait for a few months until you could run a cutting cycle? Just wondering how you all typically do it. Thanks for the info!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boisebeast View Post
    Something I've always wondered and never fully understood about AAS use is when you should cut. Is it okay to cut as soon as you finish PCT even though your natural test levels will be super low? Should you instead wait a few weeks after you finish PCT to cut or wait for a few months until you could run a cutting cycle? Just wondering how you all typically do it. Thanks for the info!
    I would wait and keep eating a good amount of food and training heavy so you can keep the tissue and make sure you hold on to it going into your cut..you're cutting it close by doing it right after pct

So do you generally wait a few months and then run a cutting cycle?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtheman100 View Post
    I would wait and keep eating a good amount of food and training heavy so you can keep the tissue and make sure you hold on to it going into your cut..you're cutting it close by doing it right after pct
    ^^ this - keeping your gains is crucial during pct - you gotta maintain what you just built(you'll lose something regardless - water) but keep eating and training(but cut your intensity back so your CNS can recover from the destruction you just caused it w/your cycle! Then once your bodies back to homeostasis - then you could start your cut(but that usually means after you've recovered to your fullest potential...

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Are you talking about running a cutting cycle after a bulking cycle, or a bulking cycle than an unassisted cut?

A general rule of thumb is time off cycle is equal to time on cycle plus length of PCT.

Cut for a month leading into a cycle or run a cutting cycle.
    Do not cut right after a cycle.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Cut for a month leading into a cycle or run a cutting cycle.
    Do not cut right after a cycle.
    This is me. Actually it's normally 6 weeks. Marcus has a thread about priming but that's more of a carb cycling approach than cutting.

If I cycle when I am lean I look sooooooo much better.

Of course the best way of doing this whole thing is not to get too fat in the first place.
    NACH3 likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    This is me. Actually it's normally 6 weeks. Marcus has a thread about priming but that's more of a carb cycling approach than cutting.

If I cycle when I am lean I look sooooooo much better.

Of course the best way of doing this whole thing is not to get too fat in the first place.
    I'll never do another cycle at 13+ no way - just by clean eating you'll make great LBM gains(I'll take the slow and steady gains over what people think us muscle, in reality it's water
    Joco71 likes this.

Thanks for the replies guys! Great info!

tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boisebeast View Post
    If I was u I would finish ur pct. Keep eating and training hard like stated before for an extra two-four weeks after pct.(depending on how I feel my test levels are or blood work looks) Then start cutting. I won't run a cutting cycle. If anything carb cycling would be best ..

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Def don't cut eighth away or all you will end up doing is losing all of your gains

Thread Information