USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member

Unhappy I'm in some bad pain bros

Guys i was just at the gym doing dumbell military presses and I had basically finished my exercize and picked up 50's just to do some quick reps. I picked up the weight and BOOM I must have pulled a muscle in my back or something man cuz I'm in some serious pain for about 12 hours now. I couldn't finish my workout and went home. it's in my lower back about a few inches right of my spine. Man i hope i didnt slip a disk or anything cuz this pain is bad and it's actually a pretty wide area where it hurts. I can't turn my upper body that well and it hurts like all hell to raise my arms above my head. Have any of you guys ever had this pain cuz I'm nervous/paranoid I may have slipped a disk.

Viking_Power is offline Associate Member
    Your best bet would be to get it checked up by your doc.

SaTyR is offline Member
    Your in the wrong forum dude . Your question could be answered better in " workout questions " .

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    that just happened to me two months ago, i just used a heating pad every day and it healed within two weeks, like ten days

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Im thinkin you tore a lig or muscle.
    You could have slipped a disc but probably not. If you slipped a disc you wouldnt be on your computer right now. You would be having someone at the gym drive you to the hospital.
    Go to a chiro tomorrow if you wanna get better quicker.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    bro,that used to happen to me while doing shrugs,if i moved my head just the slightest..BAMM!!.go see a chiropractor,he'll have you back in the gym by monday..i see one religiously 3x week...couldnt live with out it

shootdeep is offline Member
    that happened to me about 8 yrs ago. it turnd out to be muscle spasms and they hurt like hell. if that's what it is the doc will offer you muscle relaxers. use them becasue you will heal quicker. once this happens, it's probably gonna happen again from time to time in the same spot. my comes back to torture me every now and then. good luck bro

Eddie8 is offline Associate Member
    Have you had any lower back pain like this before? If so was it exactly the same or different. If different then how so?

BLACKZILLA is offline Associate Member
    I've had disc problems before and delt with the pain (because I'm stupid) for a few months w/o seeing a Dr. It f'd me up for about a year and a half because I didn't take care of it. Until you can get to the Dr. I would recommend a bunch of ibuprofen to help reduce any swelling. Also the heating pad is a good idea.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    I never had back pain like this ever. I had a pinched nerve once at the base of my neck but that was it. It hurts like all hell to turn my head down and its sometimes uncomfortable to sit.

slippy is offline Junior Member
    sometimes slipped discs arent as bad as being rushed to hossie material right away...
    prolly pulled tendons

im guessing but ez to go see a physio

P007 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    I never had back pain like this ever. I had a pinched nerve once at the base of my neck but that was it. It hurts like all hell to turn my head down and its sometimes uncomfortable to sit.

I think you have back spasms. My back use to get that way sometimes when I did power clings, and squat. It is going to last about a week. The best thing to do is put heat on it, and try to stretch it as best as you can. The heat will loosen up the muscle, but it is going to take about a week to get over.

P007 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC

I think you have back spasms. My back use to get that way sometimes when I did power clings, and squat. It is going to last about a week. The best thing to do is put heat on it, and try to stretch it as best as you can. The heat will loosen up the muscle, but it is going to take about a week to get over.

Thread Information