sweet t is offline Junior Member

cutting cycle blues

Hey guys what's up? i am on week 6 of a cutting cycle using test/eq/winny. at the start i was 176 lbs. at 5'5. after week 4 i weighed 163 and had not lost any muscle as far as measurements go but had lost 1 1/2 inches in my waist. i was excited. now 2 weeks later i'm still losing in my waist, but my arms went from 16" cold to 15 3/4" cold. and my legs are smaller too. i look more cut for sure, but is it common to lose a little size while cutting even while juicing? i did start using t3 about 2 weeks ago, but i thought the juice would prevent any muscle loss. What's going on?

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Well it will prevent muscle loss but there is still that point at which your calories are too low and you will lose muscle. Adding the t3 only burns more. Try upping the calories a bit until you stop losing muscle and still keep burning fat.

ok i'll give that a try. thanks

any other thoughts?

dumblucky is offline Member
    Youi could have been holding a little water from the test...

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet t
    any other thoughts?
    How many calories are you consuming?...and break it down to carbs/protein and fat for us?...what dose of t3 are you taking?...what kind of test?...how much cardio are you doing?

Sorry for all the questions...but the more info you give us the better we'll be able to help!

i'm getting around 2200 to 2500 calories a day. i only weight 165 so i thought that would be a good range to add lean mass while cutting. i am running test at 400mg/wk eq at 400 and winny at 50mg/day. i'm doing cardio about 5 days a week at 30min a session(usually running on the treadmill). i try to do it on an empty stomach. i have made my way up to 100mcg of t3 but i am going to start backing it down now. i am also going to bump my eq up to 600 for the last 5 weeks.

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    i'm getting around 2200 to 2500 calories a day. i only weight 165 so i thought that would be a good range to add lean mass while cutting. i am running test at 400mg/wk eq at 400 and winny at 50mg/day. i'm doing cardio about 5 days a week at 30min a session(usually running on the treadmill). i try to do it on an empty stomach. i have made my way up to 100mcg of t3 but i am going to start backing it down now. i am also going to bump my eq up to 600 for the last 5 weeks.
    stop running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    just walk at a slow pace and keep a good eye on your heart rate, your heart rate is probably going to high and your not buring only fat. if it gets too high youll go catabolic and burn more muscle then fat. fat is a crappy ass source of energy. so to burn only fat and not muscle you need to be walking. cut your cardio to say 3-4 days a week and walk at 2.5 - 3 mph for 60 mins. and keep your heart rate in the 125-130 range. oh yeah cut out the T3 you probably dont need it

ok i'll do that. i've heard walking is better for sparing muscle mass anyway. i am cycling down off of the t3 now. i'll just be using clen by itself.

ok i'll do that. i've heard walking is better for sparing muscle mass anyway. i am cycling down off of the t3 now. i'll just be using clen by itself.
    good idea...Also I wouldn't up the eq to 600mgs/week unless your going to up the test to 600mgs/week as well!

What is your Resting body temp at?...if you don't know...then check it and we might be able to figure out your rate of metabolism. T3 and clen can effect this in a negative way as well as a positive way. Check your RT for the next 5 days if you can...you can get a good digital thermometer for about $10.00.

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    running sucks, it uses all your muscle up, is bad for your knees and hardly burns fat. just walk all ya want, and stop the T3

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    where you running the clen with the t-3...t-3 has a catabolic effect and you need to run clen with it to offset this.

well i had already been on the t-3 for over a week when i read about taking your body temp first thing in the morning. anyway, monday i took it and it was 97.7. but tues and today it was just under 97.

well i had already been on the t-3 for over a week when i read about taking your body temp first thing in the morning. anyway, monday i took it and it was 97.7. but tues and today it was just under 97.
    That's not good!...that may explain your hault in metabolic function (not losing weight anymore)

I would purchase a product called Acti-cyclase (cAMP) which contains forskolin, that will help to regulate your thyroid functions. Most health store carry this ...if they can't figure out what acti-cyclase is tell them you want something to help cyclic AMP. Shouldn't cost anymore than $20.00...take 1 cap 3 times a day...Taking additional tyrosine will help aslo with the available T4 for your cells. Sometimes this product will go by the name of T5. Even at 97.7 you have just barely reached optimal metaboli rate, so I wonder what it was before you started the clen and t3?

I can't tell you what to do, but, IMO I would stop the t3 and figure out your basal metabolic rate (BMR) first and then go from there!

Thread Information