zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation

Virus and Isp Blocking Help Please

Lil help if you will please.

2 issues

1. For some time my computer has been only working under firefox ....i cant pull up IE or run certain computer functions like the calculator and software like acrobat reader and when i try i get a window pop up saying to choose internet explorer and to run that file or something but it never helps/works

2. And whats the easiest if any way to prevent sites from reading your isp...major concerns is when i use e-coupon sites they seem not to allow signing in from different computers...wouldnt blocking them from reading my isp work? or would they not allow access if they cant read that?

thanks in advance

Scabtree is offline Associate Member
    1. It sounds like your profile is corrupted. The easiest way to fix it would be to create a new user profile in the control panel -> User Accounts -> add or remove user account. After you log out of the bad profile, login to the new one and copy your needed files over as well.

2. I think you mean IP address and anonymity? If so, Tor is an excellent solution for that. There is even a windows version and a plugin for Firefox. See: https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-doc-windows.html.en

Quote Originally Posted by PastorDwanye View Post
    1. It sounds like your profile is corrupted. The easiest way to fix it would be to create a new user profile in the control panel -> User Accounts -> add or remove user account. After you log out of the bad profile, login to the new one and copy your needed files over as well.

2. I think you mean IP address and anonymity? If so, Tor is an excellent solution for that. There is even a windows version and a plugin for Firefox. See: https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-doc-windows.html.en
    thanks man i will try those

what files would i need to copy...i'm kinda lost there as if i am able to copy a file after this procedure then i have access already to those files

Quote Originally Posted by PastorDwanye View Post

this option doesnt appear

only thing appearing close is change your account name or type

and

turn user account control on or off

Scabtree is offline Associate Member
    Here is the link to create and copy a corrupt profile in Windows 7, if you a using Vista (God forbid) the instructions will be the same: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...d-user-profile

If you have any more questions I would be glad to help.

i REALLY appreciate it

it INDEED IS...vista! i was savvy enough to find that out lol..

i guess i will follow the link and see

thanks soo much

Quote Originally Posted by Scabtree View Post
    Here is the link to create and copy a corrupt profile in Windows 7, if you a using Vista (God forbid) the instructions will be the same: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...d-user-profile

If you have any more questions I would be glad to help.
    hope your subscribed bro..

even though some of the steps i had to figure out because they werent worded verbatum (almost like i was in a slightly different OS) i got as far as going in to copy files to transfer to new user but when i opened the old and was prompted to double click "my documents" within the old user, i got a "access denied"

please advise

thanks

created the new user

i'm able to open internet explorer there so we will see

gonna check now if the copy of files took

Thread Information