UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member

Joint and Tendon Care?

Hello guys,

It is a re-post as I got 50 views and zero replies in rehab/injury section

I wanted to ask what supplement should I be taking to keep my joints and tendons healthy and strong. I started noticing a bit ago that as the weight goes up and the intensity gets up there, I feel more than just my muscles getting hit. I am 27 years old and still have plenty years of heavy lifting ahead of me, so I want to make sure that my joints and tendons can keep up.

Any other advice on this subject will be helpful!

Thank you.

big_ron is offline Anabolic Member
    Fish oil is good for joints. thats all i can think of, im sure other will know more. good luck

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    glucosamine and chondrotin

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm pushing 40 and still like to sling heavy steel. I've been getting tendon issues for some time now.

Have tried glucosamine always take fish oil both offered little help to tendons.
    I recommend that you cycle your weights, heavy days with lighter day more reps, make sure to use full range and listen to your body.

This we do is extreme, therefore injuries can not be avoided.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Glucosimine is the staple it takes around 3-4 weeks to build up in your system to start working though, so keep that in mind, It works well for elbows specifically.

Then there is MSM which is a form of sulfur I usually look for a combo online with msm and glucosimine combined, it works great, and also clears up the skin.

Oils work as well, fish/flax,sesamin

and then there is a new one out that is kind of on the expensive side but does WONDERS for connective tissue and all kinds of other things called wobemzyme which the older folks tell me they couldnt live without it but again its super pricey and isnt specific towards joints.

the three big ingredients for you are glucosimine, celadrin, and MSM

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2 View Post
    Glucosimine is the staple it takes around 3-4 weeks to build up in your system to start working though, so keep that in mind, It works well for elbows specifically.

Then there is MSM which is a form of sulfur I usually look for a combo online with msm and glucosimine combined, it works great, and also clears up the skin.

Oils work as well, fish/flax,sesamin

and then there is a new one out that is kind of on the expensive side but does WONDERS for connective tissue and all kinds of other things called wobemzyme which the older folks tell me they couldnt live without it but again its super pricey and isnt specific towards joints.

the three big ingredients for you are glucosimine, celadrin, and MSM
    What doses on the above Bro?

matt77 is offline Member
    If you want to take it to the next level try some Alflutop or Adequan(if you can get it) Both are injectable joint supplements. Adequan is a animal drug but Alflutop is made for humans.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    1 G glucosimine

2 G MSM

Is what I take in the AM it takes like 3 weeks to kick in but helps alot, I get crazy forearm splints, specially when I curl with straight bar, this is the only thing that has ever helped,

I have never tried the wobenzyme

and the celadrin I haven't taken it long enough on its own to say its better over the MSM/Glucosimine combo

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    Thank you guys for some great info.

big_ron is offline Anabolic Member
    Running a low dose of deca when cycling may help when on

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matt77 View Post
    If you want to take it to the next level try some Alflutop or Adequan(if you can get it) Both are injectable joint supplements. Adequan is a animal drug but Alflutop is made for humans.
    I did a lot of research on those also. If I could find them I would LOVE to try it for my back. From what I have read the vets have really good results with the animals and Im tired of living on pain meds.

Ive been doing the glucosime for years and steadily for the last few months with no noticeable results.

very good info here on glucosimine and fish oils, thats all I have ever used, very interested in learning more about Adequan.

Thread Information