Thread: Tuna !

UberSoldat is offline Junior Member

Tuna !

HEllo. I just set up my new diet. Im not gonna write the whole thing here... I just have a couple of qestions about Tuna and Bread.
    Tuna from can - 14g protein 1g fat...little carbs. 1 serving. Serving in small can 2.5 = 35 g protein and 3 g fat...little carbs. Bread .. i forgot what kind I bought... but it said ..5g protein and 27 g carbs per slice. I I eat one slice...and one can of tuna I got pretty good amount of protein between meals. My question is... can I eat 2 cans of tuna a day ? and Carbs from bread are the carbs I want ? or not ?

Im 208 Lbs 6`3 15 bf
    Im trying to get bigger muscle mass but no more fat :\

Thanks a lot

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    there are better choices than bread.....but if you need the bread, go with whole grain

eat as much tuna as you can handle bro. as for the bread and the tuna, can't tell ya because i don't know what your diet looks like and how many fat\pro meals you are having and so on....

Well my diet is pretty simple. Lots of meat... good meat... turkey,roast beef,chicken,steaks,TUNA,protein shakes,oat meal,wheats,skin milk,salads. I really try to eat every 2 - 2.5hrs.
    And Now I tried tuna...because of really good nutrition facts and its so dam easy to..."use" pop the can,let the water out... eat. I was wondering if its bad to eat lots of it ...every day .. Is it ?

Thanks a lot

Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    just add mayo to the tuna and then you have a pro/fat meal.

TRIBOL is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UberSoldat
    Well my diet is pretty simple. Lots of meat... good meat... turkey,roast beef,chicken,steaks,TUNA,protein shakes,oat meal,wheats,skin milk,salads. I really try to eat every 2 - 2.5hrs.
    And Now I tried tuna...because of really good nutrition facts and its so dam easy to..."use" pop the can,let the water out... eat. I was wondering if its bad to eat lots of it ...every day .. Is it ?

Thanks a lot

i eat 2-3 cans a day, i assume the majority of the board members that work and go to school eat 2 as well, since its soo easy to make and no hassel. so having that much tuna bro is fine.

TrIBOL

builtthekid is offline Banned
    At one point I was eating 5 cans of tuna a day because it was
    so cheap and it was some fire as far as protein to fat content goes.

brian11 is offline Member
    to answer the question, since you are bulking, yes it is fine to eat as much tuna as you want with the bread. you really should post some kind of proposed diet though so that we can check it out for you. the difference btwn cutting and bulking is the amount of carbs mostly. you want to take in more carbs and more overall kcals when bulking.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Lay out your entire outline for days on/off if you want a critique from the guys/gals here.

~SC~

I wake up at usually about the same time - 5 am.
    -For breakfast I eat Wheats with sking milk -14g pro/58g carbs/1gfat + one turkey/cottage cheese sandwich - 24g pro/1.5g fat/29 carbs. I got to gym about 30 mins after I eat. I workout hard for 2 hrs.
    -I come back home I drink my protein shake - Nitro tech 40g protein/.5 fat/low carbs. I mix it with Skin milk that adds it up to 50g of protein total.
    -About 1.5 hrs after that I eat eaither my can tuna (35g pro/3g fat) + one slice of "European Bread" (5g pro/1g nonsat fat/26g carbs/10g dietary fiber) or Roast beed from can a big one - 65g protein/6g carbs/7.5g fat.
    -2.5 hrs after that I usully eat a can with tuna + bread = 40g pro/4g fat/26 carbs.
    -Another 2.5 hrs I will eat either KFC chicken strips ...6 of them. Not sure about the nutrition of that one but I like them .
    -Another 2.5hr I will most likely grab 2 turkey/cottage cheese sandwiches. 2 slices of bread - 10g pro/52g carbs/2g fat + 6 slices of turkey 26g protein/1.5g non-sat fat, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese - 12g protein/1g fat/4 carbs that gives me 48g pro/2.5g fat/56g carbs.
    -Another 2.5 hrs Tuna again 40g pro/4fat/28carbs.
    Depending on the time I go to bed... I`ll usually grab a bowl of corn cereal and than Nitro tech Overnight protein shake 50g pro/low cabrs/0.5g fat.
    Sometimes Ill throw a salda in my daily food..vegetables and fruits. Also apple pie - i know apple pie is no good ..but I like it

Thats pretty much it... my food is about the same...everyday. Every other day I eat chicken breast or chicken tenders from bbq taht my mom makes. Waiting for comments!

Thanks a lot

Lucas

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Cereal, KFC, sandwiches, etc., are not the best choices for adding LEAN mass w/out the "fat ass".

I'd check out the bulking sticky atop the page for a more logical approach.

Good luck!

~SC~

Will do!

Thanks man

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    ****, how many calories is that?

Not sure...but its anywhere from 350 - 400g protein. Im 210LBs 6`3 need that I guess Will see its my new diet... im experimenting...and I wanna see..what kind of result ill get after a month.

Thread Information