LionHeart is offline New Member

Cutting....Am I on the right track?

Okay I've got the dedication to start my cutting diet and routine, I even brought the fridge from my basement down to the warehouse I work in. I am 6'3, 195 lbs, around 15% BF. I've been pretty lean all my life, but I have never had abs, not even when I was really skinny before I started working out. I want to lose the fat in my gut, get my abs visible, and just get ripped all over. I want to make sure I'm on the right track here with my diet. I am fairly n00 to this board, but I have done some research and I came up with this eating routine:

7:15am…………..
    -5g Glutamine
    -Cup of Black Coffee
    (Will probably add fat burning supplement later on)

7:15 – 8:00am……45 mins CARDIO (treadmill)

9:00am……………
    -Protein Shake (46g PVL Iso-Whey Protein, 15ml Flax Oil, 250ml Skim Milk, 1 Banana)
    -1 packet Oatmeal mixed w/Skim milk

11:00am…………...
    -5 Egg whites, 2 whole eggs

1:00pm……………,
    -Chicken Breast
    -1 oz Almonds

3:15pm……………
    -1 can of Tuna, (approx 120 g)
    -2 tablespoons Natural Peanut Butter

6:00pm...........
    -Bowl of Chicken Salad
    -15ml Flax Oil

7:00pm...........WORKOUT

PWO/8:30pm……..
    -Protein Shake (46g PVL Iso-Whey Protein, 80g Dextrose, 5 g Glutamine, 250ml Skim Milk, 1 Banana)

PPWO/9:15pm…………….
    -Chicken Breast
    -Yams
    -15ml Flax Oil

11:15/Before Bedpm........
    -Protein Shake (46g PVL Iso-Whey Protein, 15ml Flax Oil, 250ml WATER)

*Will be drinking water constantly throughout the day

A few questions....
    1) Is there too much flax in my diet? I couldn't really think of many other substitutes for fat in my diet. If it is too much....any suggestions on what I should replace it with?
    2) Should I be using skim milk or water in my protein shakes and oatmeal? (I use milk for all of them except for i use water in my last shake before bed)
    3) Should/Can I add any fat free yogurt in my diet? There is always a bunch of it in my fridge (Mom buys it)
    And most importantly....

Should I add or remove anything in my diet, change any quantities, or move any meals around? Any critiquing is welcomed and very appreciated!

Thanks in advance for any input bros
    -LionHeart

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    in orange bro. . .

Quote Originally Posted by LionHeart
    Okay I've got the dedication to start my cutting diet and routine, I even brought the fridge from my basement down to the warehouse I work in. I am 6'3, 195 lbs, around 15% BF. I've been pretty lean all my life, but I have never had abs, not even when I was really skinny before I started working out. I want to lose the fat in my gut, get my abs visible, and just get ripped all over. I want to make sure I'm on the right track here with my diet. I am fairly n00 to this board, but I have done some research and I came up with this eating routine:

7:15am…………..
    -5g Glutamine
    -Cup of Black Coffee
    (Will probably add fat burning supplement later on)
    get ride of the coffee and just use an ECA if you want to

7:15 – 8:00am……45 mins CARDIO (treadmill)

9:00am……………
    -Protein Shake (46g PVL Iso-Whey Protein, 15ml Flax Oil, 250ml Skim Milk, 1 Banana)
    -1 packet Oatmeal mixed w/Skim milk
    drop the oatmeal, milk, and banana. you dont want to mix carbs and fats
    11:00am…………...
    -5 Egg whites, 2 whole eggs
    more protein here, add more whites

1:00pm……………,
    -Chicken Breast
    -1 oz Almonds
    good
    3:15pm……………
    -1 can of Tuna, (approx 120 g)
    -2 tablespoons Natural Peanut Butter
    good
    6:00pm...........
    -Bowl of Chicken Salad
    -15ml Flax Oil
    if theres nothing in the salad besides lettuce then its solid. you could even dump the flax and use olive oil and vinegar on your salad

7:00pm...........WORKOUT

PWO/8:30pm……..
    -Protein Shake (46g PVL Iso-Whey Protein, 80g Dextrose, 5 g Glutamine, 250ml Skim Milk, 1 Banana)
    drop the milk and banana. no need for them

PPWO/9:15pm…………….
    -Chicken Breast
    -Yams
    -15ml Flax Oil
    drop the flax. again you dont want to mix carbs and fats
    11:15/Before Bedpm........
    -Protein Shake (46g PVL Iso-Whey Protein, 15ml Flax Oil, 250ml WATER)
    good

*Will be drinking water constantly throughout the day

A few questions....
    1) Is there too much flax in my diet? I couldn't really think of many other substitutes for fat in my diet. If it is too much....any suggestions on what I should replace it with?
    2) Should I be using skim milk or water in my protein shakes and oatmeal? (I use milk for all of them except for i use water in my last shake before bed)
    3) Should/Can I add any fat free yogurt in my diet? There is always a bunch of it in my fridge (Mom buys it)
    And most importantly....

Should I add or remove anything in my diet, change any quantities, or move any meals around? Any critiquing is welcomed and very appreciated!

Thanks in advance for any input bros
    -LionHeart
    DCB

thx bro ill change it up. Is there any place for oatmeal or bananas in my diet then?

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    you can still have the oats for breakfast if you want. but if your gonna do that then drop the fat from the meal and ad the oatmeal. also, dont eat the meal till 45mins after cardio is done. this is all dependent on how carb sensitive you are, just use some trial and error b/c it takes a while to get this game right. either way, good luck

dcb

thx bro, my first day of dieting was today, I'll post updates on my progress.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Again as I suggested in another post, I would recommend switching around your morning carb meal with your p-pwo meal. The few hrs following your workout is a period of high anabolic activity and a period of slow but sustained protein synthesis and muscle growth. Following your post workout drink, muscle cells are insulin sensitive for at least up to 4 hours later meaning its a good time to feed the muscles carb rich, protein rich meals in this period.

Thanks US,
    Should I move the oatmeal from my post cardio meal to my PPWO meal then? I already have carbs in my PWWO meal in the form of Yams...do i need more? and should I have any carbs in my first meal or just make that a pro/fat meal?

Thread Information