Thread: Eggs

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member

Eggs

Im inthe process of trying to build a lot of muscle mass and have been told to add more eggs to my diet but cant bring myself to eat it raw. Would I get the same benefits if I hardboiled tham first ?

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun_brotherton
    Im inthe process of trying to build a lot of muscle mass and have been told to add more eggs to my diet but cant bring myself to eat it raw. Would I get the same benefits if I hardboiled tham first ?
    For the love of god man, cook your eggs it does nothing to the protein content.

From http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=172food

Eggs — Before the popularity of protein powders, bodybuilders relied largely on eggs to bump up their protein intake. A large egg has seven grams of protein, 80 calories, and a great BV (biological value).

Again, you may be wondering about the fat and cholesterol, and again I can tell you that the media has over-hyped the issues. Fact: cholesterol is the basic structure for all anabolic hormones. Without it, your body can't produce Testosterone . If you’re following a good diet and working out, a few whole eggs aren’t going to hurt you. Even the very conservative American Heart Association says it’s okay to have four whole eggs per week.

Still, most bodybuilders use egg whites in their meals with only one or two yolks thrown in. You can even buy pasteurized egg products with the yolks removed. Add a whole egg to a carton of egg substitute and you have a great bodybuilder omelet.

Just remember that despite how buff Rocky was, raw eggs suck, and we’re not talking about salmonella poisoning (although that risk does still exist to some extent despite improvements made by egg distributors over the last few years). According to a study found by John Berardi, the body can only utilize about half of the protein found in raw egg products. So not only are you risking getting sick, you’re wasting your money. Lesson: Cook your eggs!
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 09-29-2004 at 01:25 PM.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Off subject, but...You know when you crack your eggs and put them into the pan and they have that white stuff attached to them. I always tell my g/f that the stuff is rooster sperm!!!!

biofx is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    Off subject, but...You know when you crack your eggs and put them into the pan and they have that white stuff attached to them. I always tell my g/f that the stuff is rooster sperm!!!!
    hahah, that white stuff is the unborn chicken, the yolk is its food.

Anyone know how the chicken in the egg dies when you boil it?

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by biofx
    Uh....it cooks to death?

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Uh....it cooks to death?

Nope.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biofx
    hahah, that white stuff is the unborn chicken, the yolk is its food.

There's no chicken in the egg. Store bought eggs are not fertilized.

Occasionally you'll see a drop of blood in an egg. This indicates a fertilized egg, i.e. a rooster got into the henhouse.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC78

Occasionally you'll see a drop of blood in an egg. This indicates a fertilized egg, i.e. a rooster got into the henhouse.
    what the heck are you talkin about? I see those little cum colored unborn things in my eggs all the time.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun_brotherton
    Who eats raw eggs?

Why would you do that?

~SC~

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    what the heck are you talkin about? I see those little cum colored unborn things in my eggs all the time.
    Ummm.............

That ain't no unborn chicken Cletis.

From: http://www.msstate.edu/dept/poultry/avianemb.htm#form
    "The chalazae, two cord-like structures which keep the yolk centered in the egg, first appear in the uterus. The chalazae also function as an axis around which the yolk can rotate and keep the germinal disc uppermost at all times."

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Ummm.............

That ain't no unborn chicken Cletis.
    ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!

~SC~

I have read a drop of red means there could be salmonella present. Are you sure the white thing is not the chicken?, it looks like a baby chicken. If not, by your link, I don't think it is the chalaza/ the chalazae is the stringy thing/ I have white baby looking things attached to my chalazas, could it be the ovaduct thing.

So if you have a drop of blood, know how the chicken dies?
    Last edited by biofx; 09-30-2004 at 04:04 PM.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to start this mess, but my g/f's sister is an Animal Scientist. She said basically what MMC78 said about the egg not being fertilized!! She called her right after I told her the rooster sperm story

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Second that fertilization theory. If ALL eggs had chickens in them, then women wouldn't menstruate, they'd miscarry. . .EW!

Oh, and BTW, one of the proteins in eggs, if eaten raw, can cause certain conditions such as alopecia areata. You should NEVER eat raw eggs.

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    ok but im gonna stink if I eat that many eggs in one day but I suppose its all for a good cause

Thread Information