Thread: black beans

wired-up is offline Member

black beans

i'm following LMO's bulking diet and looking for some alternative carb sources. i really like black beans. from what i've been able to find on here, they seem to be a good source of carbs. if that's incorrect, please let me know. so for a pro/carb meal, there's generally about 50g of carbs. that would be almost one whole 15oz can of beans. that's a lot of dam beans! if i was able to eat that much, i'd probably blow my wife out of the house! i'm eating 6 meals a day, but here in the last week, it's gotten harder to finish meals that i used to practically inhale. so i'm hoping that mixing some things up a little will help.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    I wouldnt use the beans in a PPWO meal, b/c the high fiber content will slow down digestion too much IMO

dcb

Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    I wouldnt use the beans in a PPWO meal, b/c the high fiber content will slow down digestion too much IMO

dcb
    thanks for the info. would it be all right to swap it out with the oatmeal for breakfast just to try something different? it's gotten a little tough to choke down 8 egg whites and all that oatmeal in a decent amount of time. some days it takes so long to eat so i don't feel sick that my oats are cold by the end. i think it might be time for some B12.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    if they have a low GI then i dont see a prob with it.

dcb

Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    if they have a low GI then i dont see a prob with it.

dcb
    great thanks. from what i've been able to research, they're about the same GI as oats.

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    Black beans are fine...I love 'em.. but just keep in mind that if you eat 50g of carbs from black beans, you will also get 20g of fiber. Now, if you can handle that much fiber at once without any unpleasant side effects, go right ahead. Personally, I would eat ONE serving of beans, and get the rest of my carbs from somewhere else.

Thread Information