evander is offline New Member

Critique my diet

Im 32 5'10" 175 lbs @ 13%. I want to get down to 9 or 10 % or until I have a nice cut. This is my first time cutting and counting calories at the same time. Normally I dont bother watching what I eat but I do eat very clean.

Ive thrown this diet together, Its real basic and I know Im goin to get sick of this real soon but hey, Its a learning curve and I will modify it in time and learn what other things I can add. And Ive decided Im only going to run it for 20 days. So the 17th Feb its all over and Ill see where I am. I havnt got Flax oil yet or peanut butter so no beating me about the head about that. I will get some probably tomorrow then I can change it about slightly. I might throw in a shake at meal 4 or somewhere just to break it up but well see. Also when I get the Flax Ill be nearer 2000 cal pd and my fats will be up a little higher where they need to be.

Meal 1 0900
    Oats
    Salmon

Meal 2 1200
    Chicken
    Brown rice
    Veg

Meal 3 1500
    Chicken
    Brown rice
    Veg

Meal 4 1800
    Chicken
    Brown rice
    Veg

Meal 5 2100
    Oats
    Salmon

This works out at

protein 224
    Carbs 156
    Fat 40.9

Total cals 1888

Ok let me have it then.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    I would say too many carbs to cut. No workouts in there? If you are working out then you would have to add 80g more carbs from the dextrose that you should take.

evander is offline New Member
    Yeh Im working out 2 days on 1 off. Ive been reading posts and dextrose is mentioned a lot but I havnt quite figured out what it is yet. You use it PWO and it contains sugar and creatine. Ive been reading profiles on it in online shops but theyre not that great. Can you gain 80g of carbs from dextrose alone. How many cals do you think I should be aiming for pd, Ive been advised to go for about 2000 cals pd while Im cutting. Also I was told that to maintain my size I should be eating normally 2900 cals pd.
    Last edited by evander; 01-27-2005 at 06:13 PM.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    UNoffical "How to Cut" thread and sample diet...

Read it and live bu it, your diet needs some serious adjusting but nothing that cannot be corrected by reading and studying the above link.

Dextrose is made up of corn sugar and of course is used in PWO nutrition to spike your insulin levels thus shoving the protein which is included in your PWO into your muscles which in turn aides in the repair process. There is a "window" of opportunity that is around 45 minutes after you work out that your PWO should be consumed. Most of us on here take it directly after working out, i am sipping mine on my way to the car.

pro/dex is always used at a 2:1 ratio, ex: 40g pro/80g dex

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    yea , what muriloninja said!!!

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Dextrose does not contain creatine.

www.kentnutrition.com
    www.1fast400.com

Thread Information