Aggression is offline Member

Whey AND casein for breakfast?

For breakfast would it be good, in addition to 1/2 cup of oatmeal, to have a protein shake as well containing 1 scoop of whey AND 1 scoop of a time released protein? That way you get a fast and slow acting protein in the morning.

I was doing this but instead of the time released protein I was using 'egg beaters'. But that was getting too expensive and I think the scoop of casein would be better anyway.

So, could I do this, mix the two in ONE shake for breakfast?

Anyone?

cdogge is offline Associate Member
    bro I may be wrong on this one...but I think most people just eat it before they go to bed so it works all night because there is nothing you can do about it....

eat what? When I go to bed I have a micellean shake with 1 tbsp of flax oil. I'm talking about when I wake up.

Anyone else? Cmon bros I need the help.

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggression
    For breakfast would it be good, in addition to 1/2 cup of oatmeal, to have a protein shake as well containing 1 scoop of whey AND 1 scoop of a time released protein? That way you get a fast and slow acting protein in the morning.

I was doing this but instead of the time released protein I was using 'egg beaters'. But that was getting too expensive and I think the scoop of casein would be better anyway.

So, could I do this, mix the two in ONE shake for breakfast?

i think solid lean protein would be a better choice and leave casein for bedtime. you should be eating within the next 2-2.5 hours anyways so the casein isnt really needed the lean solid protein should last that long.

Thread Information