Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

max ammount of carbs in a p/f meal?

I know the aim for a pro/fat meal is to have zero carbs.

But I was just thinking. I have started to HATE chicken. I cant stand it. So ****ing dry. Only one way of preparing it now makes it eatable for me. I fry it upp with some onion and garlic and then pour down a can of mashed tomatoes over it along with sambal oelek and LOTS of spices. The tomates adds about 5-7 grams of carbs to that meal(I use around 400g mashed tomatoes for 500-600g chicken breasts). I also add some peas and spinach.
    As fatsource I just drink some flaxoil before the meal and chew down some flaxseeds.

Does those 5-7grams of carbs **** upp the entire meal considering Im using both seeds and applecider vinegar to lower gi?

alphaman is offline Member
    The peas are full of sugar.

100grams of peas has 7grams of carbs in it. In a meal with peas I get maby 2g carbs from them. I have had them in my diet now for well over a month and I am the leanest I have ever been so I think they are safe to use for me atleast. Might drop them when fatloss stopps

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    100grams of peas has 7grams of carbs in it. In a meal with peas I get maby 2g carbs from them. I have had them in my diet now for well over a month and I am the leanest I have ever been so I think they are safe to use for me atleast. Might drop them when fatloss stopps

Go for it then dude! I don't feel like checking on the carb content of peas now, but I've always heard that as far as carb content of veggies goes, stay away from peas and carrots.

1 cup of tomato puree has 25 grams of carbs, and 1 cup of frozen peas has 23 grams, 1 cup canned peas has 21 g, and 1cup of peas from the pod has 11 g.

I wouldn't confuse a medium tomato (5g carbs), w/ a can of "mashed" tomatoes.

the cup messurement means nothing to me realy I messure everything in grams. 100 gram frozen peas has 7g carbs according to the bag of peas I have in the frezer

This is from a website
    green peas 100g kcal62, water79,0g, protein5,4g, fat0,4g, carbs9,0g, fiber5,5g, potatisium370mg, calcium31mg, iron2,0mg, B-caroten550ug, vitamin c40mg.

In terms of actual size grams don't mean anything to most americans!

We should, we measure things all screwy. We should've switched to the metric system a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    I wouldn't confuse a medium tomato (5g carbs), w/ a can of "mashed" tomatoes.

I prepare 3-4 meals at once and use one can for those 4 meals. 400g total. around 100g-130g tomato pure for every meal. roughly 5-7g carbs in every meal since the can says 6,5g carbs for 100g tomato puree.

We should, we measure things all screwy. We should've switched to the metric system a long time ago.
    Yeah it realy makes things confusing on these boards. Like the cutting sticky I dont understand any messurement there

When I read 1 cup I think "WTF what kind of cup god damn it!!" lol

Approx. 229g/cup. But it's kinda messed up, because grams measure weight, and cups measure size. So, if something is denser, it will fit more gams into a cup.

Do you guys messure things like nuts for instance with cups to? Or do you have a weight messurement for products like that?

atleast I have the kg->ibs conversion in my head(1kg=2,25ibs)

We buy things by weight. (Pounds,ounces) And cook things by cups, tablespoons, etc. Never thought about how this doesn't make much sense until now.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Do you guys messure things like nuts for instance with cups to? Or do you have a weight messurement for products like that?

atleast I have the kg->ibs conversion in my head(1kg=2,25ibs)
    I thought it was 2.2 lbs.

one 20kg plate is 45ibs so I just go by that. 2.2 works also. 2.25 is just a little more accurate. 2.25 is for some reason easier for me to calculate in my head to.

when we bake bread and stuff like that we use tabelspoon and messurements like that. But most new recepies is in grams instead. I never bothered to learn the teaspoon, tablespoon. My digital food scale is much more handy

niXon)( is offline Member
    We buy things by weight. (Pounds,ounces) And cook things by cups, tablespoons, etc. Never thought about how this doesn't make much sense until now.
    Dang, we are pretty fuked up lol. To hell with changing it all now though, that would really suck!

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Approx. 229g/cup. But it's kinda messed up, because grams measure weight, and cups measure size. So, if something is denser, it will fit more gams into a cup.

how are you supposed to compare volume with weight? these 2 measurements are incomparable are they not??

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD
    how are you supposed to compare volume with weight? these 2 measurements are incomparable are they not??
    Yes, hence the 2nd sentence in the post you quoted. But the approximation was from a website I googled>

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Anyway to answer the question from personal experience the small amount of carbs will not have any effect on weight loss as long as you try to keep it under 10 Gs of carbs

But everyone is different so if weightloss slows then drop the carbs.

Look into K-rala or better yet Glucophase XR (designer supps) to clear blood sugar quickly if it is really a huge concern of yours.

good product!!!

Very effective

xenithon is offline Member
    JB recommends 10g or less of carbs per meal with fats. However, if it is fibrous carbs from veggies there is nothing to worry about IMO. You can chow down 4-500g easy if you wish, as it is so low GI and easily 50-70% fiber. Watch out for veg with high sugar content though - have those in moderatio in P/F meals. This includes peas, tomato, red bell pepper, carrots etc. Stuff like broc/caul. is fine. Also the tomato's (canned I assume) are fine and often very negligible in terms of carb content, but don't go having 2 cans per meal and also make sure you get a decent brand with no added preservatives, salt, sugar, thickeners etc.

ok. Thanks for the advice bros Finaly I have found diet food that tastes good

Thread Information