chest6 is offline Banned

Let me get this straight

Im just trying to fully understand carbs here. I did a search but couldn't really find an answer to my question directly. I just did cardio and finished at 8pm buz I was studying this morning so I couldnt do morning cardio. I haven't had carbs since my first meal at noon..so I was probably moderately carb depleted. I did what I usually do in the mornings, I came back and waited awhile until my pro/carb meal.
    I know that replenishing depleted glycogen stores is essential no matter what time of the day it is, whether it be after cardio or after weight training. So what Im asking is, would carbs be stored as fat if consumed in the evening if there was no aerobic/anaerobic activity beforehand (pretty much all day)? Im pretty sure I have this right here, I just want to make sure.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    i wouldnt eat carbs if i just finished cardio at 8pm. However if i trained i would have my pwo and wait like an hour or so and have ppwo carbs.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 305GUY
    i wouldnt eat carbs if i just finished cardio at 8pm. However if i trained i would have my pwo and wait like an hour or so and have ppwo carbs.
    haha well damn..thanks I wish I had posted this before I went and did cardio..

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    After cardio in the evening, I usually have a lean protein and some kind of beans like black beans w/hot sauce. Or a steak with more fat, and green beans.

I don't eat oats or anything like that, because I'll have those a.m. anyhow so there is no need to have them before resting.

~SC~

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    SC do you just eat black beans from a can? and how much do you eat.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    After cardio in the evening, I usually have a lean protein and some kind of beans like black beans w/hot sauce. Or a steak with more fat, and green beans.

I don't eat oats or anything like that, because I'll have those a.m. anyhow so there is no need to have them before resting.

~SC~
    just what I was looking for..thanks swole. I hope that didn't set me back too much

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Nah, I take it you had a low GI carb and probably not in any HUGE amount anyhow, so it's all good.

~SC~

chest6 is offline Banned
    yup..1/2 cup oats like usual. 3f/27c/5p..I'll just know from now on and finish the day with pro/fat like usual

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    What does your diet look like Chest (Sorry don't know your first name)

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FranKieC
    What does your diet look like Chest (Sorry don't know your first name)
    haha I dont think anyone knows anyones first name here

Frustrated..What am I doing wrong?

post 46

I think the best thing to do when cutting is make sure your starchy carbs are all in the morning and early afternoon and then taper off to fiberous carbs and pro/fat but thats just me.

Diff things work for diff people.

BTW Chest I read one of your other posts about hitting a plateu and you were kind of frustrated, did you try switching your cardio routine up (diff type, variation ect)?

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FranKieC
    I think the best thing to do when cutting is make sure your starchy carbs are all in the morning and early afternoon and then taper off to fiberous carbs and pro/fat but thats just me.

Diff things work for diff people.

BTW Chest I read one of your other posts about hitting a plateu and you were kind of frustrated, did you try switching your cardio routine up (diff type, variation ect)?
    I think I need to do that. I have been doing elliptical. Thinking about walking on incline for same amt of time (45 mins usually). Is it easy to get your heartrate up to 65-75% with walking on an incline?

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    I think I need to do that. I have been doing elliptical. Thinking about walking on incline for same amt of time (45 mins usually). Is it easy to get your heartrate up to 65-75% with walking on an incline?
    You know I hardly every run.. I am more elliptical, stairstepper, and lemme tell you jump roaping and hitting the heavy bag is quite the carido workout.. Try jumproping i think you wuill like it..

BTW-Your body will get use to cardio and weights if your routine is not changed..You doin;t have to make drastic changes just tweek your program a little and keep your body guessing. Diff movements, supersets, diff rep ranges ect.

chest6 is offline Banned
    yup. My training is working well...just gotta change up the cardio..I think running gets the heartrate too high..plus it bothers my knees

yup. My training is working well...just gotta change up the cardio..I think running gets the heartrate too high..plus it bothers my knees
    Good luck keep us posted.

chest6 is offline Banned
    So thats a yes on the walking on an incline treadmil able to get my HR up enough? Im kinna skeptical

So thats a yes on the walking on an incline treadmil able to get my HR up enough? Im kinna skeptical
    i never tried it so I really don't want to give ya any advice on that.. I know the stairstepper gets my heart rate up there nice and also jumproping does. I have been usuing the elliptical lateley and doing three minuet variations where I will stay in the fat burning zone for two min and tehn crank it up for a minute and then repeat the process 5 ten times throughout the session. One of my boys thatg is a trainerat my gym has had good resulkts from switching up this way.

chest6 is offline Banned
    ya i did walking on incline for 48 mins this morning and damn it is hard. Got my heartrate up easily..its much harder than the eliptical. Now..all I gotta do is get new shoes..my heel is all torn apart.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Very simply, if you are dieting and are in a caloric deficit. Which I sure hope you could be while on a diet. No carbs will ever get stored as fat. No matter when eat them.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Simple enough..thanks giantz. Just seems like I look the same or worse in the mirror some days but my weight keeps decreasing..this takes so much willpower and I think I have done a good job so far...did you see my diet revision in my other thread?

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Welcome to dieting, lol!

Thread Information