Thread: lean bulk

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member

lean bulk

This is my diet right now, is it relly bad for a lean bulk??? i weigh 190 right now n wanna gain a few pounds

Hey JAy, i added in the cals of the meals i eat now, u have ne suggestions for the 2 meals i have ? marks for, i think with minor tweaking we can get very close to the 3500 cals...

Meal 1
    1 bowl of kashi cereal
    2eggs on 2 pieces of whole grain bread
    1 scoop of tasteless whey in 1 glass of OJ
    (this is about540 cals, not counting the Oj

Meal 2
    1 can of tuna on 2 pieces of whole grain bread(this is about 390 cals)

Meal 3
    This is a ? mark

Meal 4
    This is a ? mark

Workout

PWO shake, like 80 carbs 50 protein this is about 320 cals

Meal 5- 5 eggs hardboiled made into eggsalad, 2 pieces of whole grain bread
    (this is about 870 cals, countignt 5 eggs,mayo n bread

Meal 6- this is an all protein meal, either 2 fish fillets, .75 chicken, or .75 steak, i figure this is about 200 cals
    Last edited by Machdiesel; 11-28-2005 at 09:54 PM.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    nah the carbs pwo are fine, and actually i would add some more bread or rice or something to the ppwo meal...other then that its not bad...maybe make the meal with tuna two cans instead of one...me personally i would have some more carbs, but try that and see how u like it...

to be honest i have no idea how many calories this is, u think its enuff?? also i might be doing a Test E cycle for 12 weeks, 500 a week Every third day, u think this diet is lagit for that cycle?

chest6 is offline Banned
    I cant wait til I bulk. Id eat a lot more than that if I were you. But since you're 190 lbs..that doesnt look too bad. I would go with brown rice ppwo..its worked well for me

while i have some mods her ein the diet forum, and some respected members, ill bump this n see waht u guys think, my goal is to be 210 n pretty cut bye june, im 6'1 about 190 right now, u think this diet, along with 10 grams of mono a day will get me there?
    thinking of doing an 8 week cycle of activate/rebound xt in about 2 months

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel
    This is my diet right now, is it relly bad for a lean bulk??? i weigh 190 right now n wanna gain a few pounds

Meal 1
    1 bowl of kashi cereal30g carbs 13 protein
    2eggs on 2 pieces of whole grain bread
    1 scoop of tasteless whey in 1 glass of OJ

Meal 2
    1 can of tuna on 2 pieces of whole grain bread

Meal 3
    2 grilled chicken breasts over salad with oil/vinegar dressing

Meal 4
    either chicken salad or tuna on 2 pieces of whole grain

Workout

PWO shake, like 80 carbs 50 protein

Right now heres what im thinking, is this to many carbs PWO?? instead of this should i just throw out meal 5, eat meal 6 PPWO and then just have a protein shake before bed??

Meal 5- 5 eggs hardboiled made into eggsalad, 2 pieces of whole grain bread
    Meal 6- this is an all protein meal, either fish, chicken or steak
    also is this enuff calories??

Hey Mach whenever I hear leanbulk I think of someone that wants to bulk up but not gain any fat, right???? Typically when bulking there needs to be a little room for an increase in BF. Doesnt have to be anything crazy but if you want to put on 20lbs. I can see that being just solid lean muscle. I'm not saying that you cant get bigger without gainng fat, but its just that this menu is great but IMO you should add alittle bit more food to assist in your bulking.

I dont really see too many fats in here.. If you want to keep with the "cleaner" foods thats great. Go grab yourself some Flax Seed oil and take a tbls full mid day with your meal 3. Just trying to keeps the fats away from any complex carbs that why I said meal 3.

Off hand these 6 meals are probably only adding up to about 2700 calories or so, tops!! And according to your profile you just turned 20 right??? At your age your maintenance cals are about 3300 or so. Add in the cals you burn traning and your in a deficit. EAT EAT EAT!!! That is the biggest piece of the pie kiddo. I would definitely without a doubt throw in some more food. Obviously you like to eat clean and clean food isnt highly caloric.

You're eating a lot of whole wheat bread but there are no complex carbs. Up the carbs big time. You can still "lean bulk" eating carbs. Worry about your high glycemic carbs when cutting. When I hear bulk that means you have to eat. Dont be afraid of a cheat, at 20 weighing 190 you can afford it.

I can type for pages on this topic and your menu. Post some more question or comments. Better yet feel free to PM me. I'd love to help

yea bye lean bulk i mean i dont wanna go out, eat fast food, deep fried shit, n get fat,. I wanna eat healthy(for health purposes n just overall well being) but gain weight. Yea i eat alot of whole grain bread cause it the easiest carb source. i thoguht my calories were alittle low, but dont really know how to add them inn there, u thibk u could critique some of my meals, n shift some stuff around so this diet will be more productive, ohh yea i just turned 21 in nov

Thread Information