GenX is offline Junior Member

What would you change about my diet (please advise)

Bro's,

I am currently trying to lose some weight as much as possible. Wanted to know what you thought of my diet.

9am - Protien Shake (water) Protien 35g, Carbs 8g, Fat 2g

11:30 (post workout) - 9 egg whites, one egg yolk, pack of brown rice cakes Protien 35g, Carbs 65-75g, Fat 6-10g

1:30 - Bran cereal with protien powder (water) Protien 45g, Carbs 35-45g Fat 4-8g

4 -- 3 pieces of chicken no skin (2 thighs, 1 drumstick), 1 serverings of veggies (peas, corn, carrot) (not to sure about caloric intake, Im guessing Protien 25g, Carbs 12g, Fat 5g)

7 - Can of tuna Protien 35g, Carbs 3g, Fat 1g

Total (may not be exactly right) Protien 175, carbs 135-145. Fat 20-35g

I currently train 6 days a week, 35 minutes weights (1 body part per day), 45 mins cardio.

Do you think Im on the right track, what would you change if you were me.

Thanks Guys.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Well you didn't give your weight or body fat. However: basics guildline for dieting:

2g protien per lbs
    Carbs i would cycle between 75-200g with one carb up or junk day Stick to complex carbs and get rid of rice cakes to processed.
    Eat bit more often, every 2H is good goal. Also limit carb intake after say 4pm if you go to bed around 10-11pm.

Rest looks fine in terms of workouts/cardio

Weight 180, Bodyfat 25-30% hieght 5'5

Most of the fat is in my gut.

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    switch protein sources for meal one and two,eat eggs upon waking and protein shake after workout.

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    Did you get my pm GenX?

Bro, if you can, substitute a chicken breast for the thighs and leg - these are brown muscle areas and are pretty high in fat. Maybe turkey breast is cheaper where you are than chicken?

Other than that it seems pretty good - how long you been on this diet and what have the results been like?

def

PS Have you got some goals defined yet?

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Well I would do something as i have outlined, may want to drop carbs a bit to 60-150g cycled from day to day plus carb up day. Total cals for you should probably in in range of 1900 give or take.

Does it look like im eatting enough cals, should i cut down or eat more

Fat4Now is offline Junior Member
    Gen, I'm currently dropping weight as well. I was also working out alot and no seeing much success until I changed my cardio. You didn't say what type of cardio your doing but if its 6 days a week for 45 min I'll assume its LSD (long, slow, distance). For the last three weeks I have been losing about 3 lbs a week on the following. Cardio 3x p/ week (never on leg day). Cardio consists of HIIT sprints or bike. After a warm up of about 5 min. go full out maximum output for 30 seconds, then 90 seconds of very low output. I repeat this for about 15-20 minutes. Couple this with total daily carbs under 100 and no carbs after 4pm and I think you should start seeing some results.

I also agree with what some of the other bro's have said. Eggs first off then shakes after workout. Cardio first thing in the AM on an empty stomache, drop the rice cakes and go w/ steamed brown rice. Drop the legs and thighs and eat breasts .

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    For the last three weeks I have been losing about 3 lbs a week on the following. [/B][/QUOTE]

great advice fat4now, I just wanted to remind you that losing over 2lb a week is a little much since you trying to spare muscle...Just make sure your protein intake is high and your supplementing Glutamine. My advice is to have your bodyfat checked and to make sure it's going down with each lb you loose, that way you'll know your keeping your lean mass and changing your body composition.

If I got a ride of the rice cakes and replaced it with a bowl of oatmeal would that be fine.

Is flavored oatmeal cool (apple cininnomon)

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    oatmeal is a much better choice than rice cakes my friend.

Thread Information