sav22 is offline Associate Member

I Can't Seem to Get Over this Wall in my Diet

I'm having a great deal of trouble staying on a high calorie diet (3000-4000 cal) a day. I do it for a little while then after a couple of weeks I feel full after a snack let a lone an actually meal. So in a sense I go through these spurts of being able to eat really well then dropping right off. I can't add any weight with this problem. I've thought of using B12 injectable but it seems that it's more a hit and miss with causing hunger, especially if you're already sporting a healthy body.

Is there really any thing else I can do besides force-feeding myself . Does anyone have any ideas that I may be able to try to become more efficient at packing away calories on a regular basis? I would like to be able to pack on a decent 10-15lbs naturally and know I have the discipline to go back to the darkside but until then there is no point. You can check my stats on my profile and I appreciate all the help and responses I get. Thanks.

Here is what I usually have on a good day but after awhile it goes down:

Breakfast 9:30
    3 slices of bacon
    2 eggs scrambled
    2 slices of toast(white)
    1 glass of OJ

Snack 11:30
    2pk of oatmeal
    1 glass of water

Lunch 2:30
    2 grilled cheese sandwiches
    3 thin turkey slices
    2 glasses of water

Snack 4:00-5:00
    1 weightgainer shake
    w/1 scoops of whey protein

WORKOUT

Snack 7:30
    1 weightgainer shake
    w/2 scoops of whey protein
    1 glass of water

Dinner
    2 chicken breasts
    1 whole potato
    1 glass OJ

Snack
    1 pk oatmeal

This is a selfish bump but somebody must have some sort of ideas or critism for me.

shinobi is offline New Member
    hi,

I may be wrong but your diet doesn't really look like 3000-4000 kcal to me. But even if it was, your profile says you are 150 lbs currently. Why would you want to eat that much? imo it will get you fat pretty quickly. Correct me if i'm wrong here guys.

I want to eat that much so that I can put on weight so I'm not skinny. If you add up all the calories (I left out the actual numbers) it would equal 3495 aprox. I want to add weight to my frame so I don't look like a rack for my shirt/jacket. My body doesn't seem to get fat (at least as of right now) but my muscles tend to become more dense and quite vascular.

Trevor is offline Associate Member
    Hey bro I somtimes have your same problem as well. It is hard to eat that much somtimes...I have recently tryed a few diffrent things. They are not to make you hungry, but to give you more calories per meal that you eat. Try putting peanut butter into your diet twice a day. Get the lowfat kind (less saturated, but good mono fat). Try it on some crackers for a snack or just eat it right out of the jar!! Also dropp a tablespoon of PB into your protien shake...it ain't bad at all!!! P.B. is high in caloies so it adds without too much saturated fat. Also instead of B-12 you might want to try a B-complex rather. This will be more effective than standard B-12 alon due to absorption purposes. I use "Super B Complex" it is pretty cheap and take two a day. (Morn/Afternoon). For some more tips P.M. me if ya want. KEEP EATING!!!!

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Take head my friend, eating high caloric diets takes time to build up to. I really do not know anyone who just starts eating that much without having some problems along the way. Keep up the diet and when you see that there are days that you fall sort of eating your caloric requirements look for possible reasons that might have caused this. I know for me that during the week my life is very structure, I go to work, eat at such and such time and so on. It is not until the weekends that I have so much time on my hands that I sometimes let time get away from me. Look to avoid certain pit falls that might happen and you'll be fine.
    IC

PS Oh yeah in the reciepe section there are plently of helpful hints to make eating easier and more time efficient. Take a look.

I appreciate the comments and suggestions guys...I'll be using the recipe section a whole lot.

I agree Iron Chef with what you say about working...my schedule is constantly changing so I can't fall into a routine with my eating habits and that's just one of my pitfalls of not being able to keep a high caloric intake throughout the day.

Thanks guys

Thread Information