fast1200gp is offline New Member

lose fat gain muscle,, help!

Looking to lean up a bit but not lose the size and strength, currently im 6-4 264 pds ,,dont know bf, how many calories do i need to burn fat and build muscle? anyone around that size with a good program or a baseline i can start off with including supp,,,thanks alot,,im new to the site it awsome ,,

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    First off start by finding your BMR (search google for BMR calculator) and then multiply it by the appropriate activity level for you.

just did that ,it says my bmr is 2400 x1.55 = 3720......now help me break that down to the meals i need per day and supplements,,and pre work out an post work out supps,,, that would be awsome,,im looking to do with no type of cycle,,,i need to lean up before i can even get it in my head,,i mainly need to work on that mid section area,, any help really app...

What is your bodyfat percentage?

You should probably start off eating around 3,000 kcal per day, split that up over 6 meals and thats 500 calorie meals. Read the "how to cut" thread at the top of the diet forum.

Also a big key to fat loss is doing cardio in the AM on an empty stomach... low intensity, monitor your heart rate. Post up your lifting routine in the workout forum.

not really sure of my body fat i would say 18-20% as a wild guess,,,im by far not fat i would like to maintain approx the same body weight,but more muscle,but get the little stomach i have im pushing 40 yrs old

also i work out in the evening around 530 - 6pm,,, still have carbs at night in the meals?

After the meals, yes. Your last meal should be protein/fat though.

the hardest part im having is to get a meal plan going since im not to good or something broken down to work off as a starting point,,,,how do u figure whats the point of calories u need to continue to build muscle burn fat but maitain the approx same weight/? i appreciate ur help.

Well, it's pretty much impossible to build muscle AND burn fat at an efficient rate. Most people choose to do a lean bulk (gain muscle while staying at the same BF% or gaining 1-2%) and then cut (burn fat while maintaining muscle). Because your diet has to be suited EITHER toward muscle gain or fat loss. Both is very inefficient.

At your bodyfat, I'd recommend cutting... eat 500 calories less than your maintenance level, and start doing cardio 3-4 days in the AM on an empty stomach. Lifting is very important for muscle maintenance (or gain) so you'll want to continue doing this, preferably later in the day after a few meals. Post your workouts up in the workout forum for critique as well. And check out the "how to cut" sample diet. That's a good starting point for meals.

If you're on a caloric deficit to lose fat, you're going to lose weight no matter what, its impossible to lose a lot of fat and replace it with muscle at the same time. Just strip the fat off and then go lean bulking from there.
    Last edited by AandF6969; 11-12-2007 at 10:51 PM.

Thread Information