Thread: Bodyfat

Bodybuilding-Student is offline Finishing Member ~ Transformation Contest!

Bodyfat

Hi guys im having a hard time cutting im stuck at this bodyfat and am trying desperately to get down to 8% so i feel ripped ready for my birthday i know it may make me look skinny but i'd rather that then look how i do now any suggestions cardio wise? or diet wise what bf do you reckon i am right now my caliper are saying between 10 and 12 %
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bodyfat-getattachment.aspx.jpeg  

Ishallnocheatmyself is offline Associate Member
    id love to be where u are lol. i have never been under 15 in my life except pre-puberty so..... good luck work hard... and i might as well tell u in advance there going to want to know your stats

height,
    weight,
    bf, stated,
    and if you have an every day diet you follow post that up too theres many people who knwo there shit about dieting for getting big an for burning bf%

be patient you'll get quality answers soon enough |

you look lean now why get smaller you will def. cut alot of muscle from the looks you prob. can't afford

ok thnx for the heads up

bf 10-12%
    age 20
    height 6ft
    weight 12 st 8lb

i have added the macros up but here is my day to day diet

breafast 7-8am
    oats
    4eggwhites

10am
    2 egg whites
    2 chicken breast (6oz each grilled on george foreman)

1pm lunch
    2 chicken breast (6oz each)
    1 cup of peas
    1 cup of broccoli

3pm
    same veggies as above
    can of tuna w mayo

5pm
    celery ( i tend to not count how much i eat of this and just eat till im full knowing its doing the world of good )

8pm
    can of tuna or fresh salmon on the george again
    Veg

Bed

I dont have protein shakes as i dont really need them i make my food the night before so am prepared and can take it with me rather than a shake.

I train 6 times a week i know it sounds alot but recover pretty fast its cardio i am stuck on, what type? how long?

i dont have a specific time to workout as it depends of what shift i get at work but my gym is 24hours anyway.

My training is as follows

Monday
    Chest and triceps

Tuesday
    Back and biceps

Wednesday
    Shoulders and legs

Thursday
    Chest

Friday
    Shoulders and arms

Saturday
    Back and legs

again i apologize for not listing the macros

legend i am looking to get ripped for my birthday and also i want to lean bulk at new years but want to get down to around 7-8 % which is hard so as to give myself a chance to still look fairly lean whilst bulking rather than the normal slightly fat bulking look if that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Bodybuilding-Student View Post
    legend i am looking to get ripped for my birthday and also i want to lean bulk at new years but want to get down to around 7-8 % which is hard so as to give myself a chance to still look fairly lean whilst bulking rather than the normal slightly fat bulking look if that makes sense
    I cant really tell your size from that pic

is that better ??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bodyfat-photo-2010-09-16-21.31.jpg  

McFly is offline Associate Member
    I think you are overtraining... With the macros your eating I doubt ul recover in time for the next workout. You'll only need tk train each muscle once if you train hard enough.
    Also don't be affraid to have carbs post workout.. Very important

you are very slim bro. If I were you I would focus on a lean bulk now

i know i will focus on a lean bulk but my main goal is to get my abs visible i know you think im crazy but its just a personal goal....any suggestions to my diet or cardio?

i know i will focus on a lean bulk but my main goal is to get my abs visible i know you think im crazy but its just a personal goal....any suggestions to my diet or cardio?
    Iam not good with that I can't even get awnser on my diet around here.Find your daily maintenance calories and simple cut drop it 10-20%
    bulk raise it 10-20%

Ishallnocheatmyself is offline Associate Member
    celery is not a meal its not even a snack lol

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    The second pic is much better. So since you really want to get leaner than you are, you should know that because your mid section doesn't have much muscle, there is not much to poke out. I am saying this because if you get super lean, your ribs and hip bone are going to stick out, not your obliques. But if you really want to do it...

You need to do cardio, Lots and lots of cardio. You are trying to go below what your body is going to want to go. An over the counter diuretic can come in handy for your birthday ONLY if you are not drinking. You are at a low bf already, so chances are you will end up losing most your muscle and your ribs and backbone will be evident. You will not look ripped. If you have abs now like you do in the picture, I would leave it.

LBSOMEIRON is offline Banned
    Agree with twist and lose the peas; however your training routine is horrendous and needs completely revamped.

You realize you are worksing delts and tris 4 our of 5 days....in a row??

Yeesh.

If you have to go M-F and prefer no off day, go Back/trps, Chest, Legs, Delts, Arms

Personally, I'm 2 on 1 off...that's all I can handle (or anyone that isn't truly truly gifted) if you lift heavy enough.
    Last edited by LBSOMEIRON; 09-21-2010 at 12:40 PM.

Ok i will look at the workout and sort it out, i know you guys keep saying lots of cardio but how much is lots of cardio? i prefer using the bike but could use the treadmill if you guys think it wil be better, high intensity or low? from what i can gather 5 days a week is minimum but should i do 2 x 1 hour sessions?

LBSOMEIRON is offline Banned
    I would NOT start that high if you aren't doing much/any now.

My #1 reccomendation is first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

Do you have access to the Stair Mill #1 - 45 minutes is plenty

Treadmill #2 - 7-7.5% incline and 3.5-3.7 speed - 45 minutes

HIIT #3 - walk, sprint, walk, sprint...1 minute sprints, walk for 2-3 minutes

ok no stair master unfortunately however i can do a spin class there 3 times a week for 45mins in the morning? and treadmill on the evening? i currently do 4-5 tmes a week on the bike but for only 20 minutes which i presume is no good
    could i not do hiit on the treadmill but with incline ASWELL? im sure that would reallly fight the fat does it make sense if i were to say that no matter how hard i do cardio i never lose muscle? its only ever fat or just pure and simply nothing.
    Yet i can easily make small and frequent lean muscle gains. btw i was 9 stone when i started 1 year and a half ago and now i am 12 stone 8 at around 12%bf

powerws is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendKiller85 View Post
    you are very slim bro. If I were you I would focus on a lean bulk now
    ^^^Agreed^^^

powerws is offline Associate Member
    is that better ??
    Looks pretty good! I wish I was there right now! I have dropped 15 lbs in 30 days by simply doing bodyweight exercises. Military style 50 / 50 circuit training for 1 hour. Mon, Wed, Friday. Cardio is the way to go if you want to cut.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    is that better ??
    With no offense intended to the OP, this is how I think i'm gonna look when i'm done cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    With no offense intended to the OP, this is how I think i'm gonna look when i'm done cutting.
    I know what your saying but we all have our own goals im not looking for a bulky look just as ripped as i can get then i will think about adding muscle i dont want to add it and then decide i would have preffered to be ripped it seems like a waste of time to me i would rather cut then bulk not the other way round

I know what your saying but we all have our own goals im not looking for a bulky look just as ripped as i can get then i will think about adding muscle i dont want to add it and then decide i would have preffered to be ripped it seems like a waste of time to me i would rather cut then bulk not the other way round
    Yep, I hear you. I on the other hand DO want a nice bulk, that's why i'm so worried about losing the little bit I have! But I am doing it right this time, cutting until at least 10% bodyfat, then i'll try and pack on some beef.

i know what you mean i don't like the fact that i am going to look skinnier then i am now, but i take comfort in the fact that i might actually look bigger because of how defined i will be i want to get to around 8% so when i bulk i wont go back over 10% and if i feel i am i will cut back down i want 10% to be the top end of my maintained bodyfat. What would you say i am now approx

i know what you mean i don't like the fact that i am going to look skinnier then i am now, but i take comfort in the fact that i might actually look bigger because of how defined i will be i want to get to around 8% so when i bulk i wont go back over 10% and if i feel i am i will cut back down i want 10% to be the top end of my maintained bodyfat. What would you say i am now approx
    Hard to tell from your pic, 11% maybe?

I'm willing to get up to 12% for a bulk, but that's it. I never want to be higher again.

did i read somewhere you were once 37%? maaaaaaann you have done good if thats you in your avi you look good and i wish you the best with your cutting
    lol

did i read somewhere you were once 37%? maaaaaaann you have done good if thats you in your avi you look good and i wish you the best with your cutting
    lol
    Yea bro, i'm guessing but it HAD to be somewhere in the 30's. I'm 5'11 and was 255lbs with very little muscle. I started changing my life on Dec. 7th 2008, so almost 2 years now.

Currently sitting somewhere between 15% - 18% @ 195lbs, so i'm still not thrilled, but i'm working on it! Yes, that's me in my avy, thanks for the kind words bro!

my problem is im at the point where im craving chocolate and it sounds stupid but there is a vending machine where i work and it has a yorkie bar in that calling me lol i gave in yesterday and had 2 and had one just but i cant stop craving it is there anything i can do?

Ajaxx is offline New Member
    just dont completely understand why u would wanna get leaner than you already are...looking like you came out of Auschwitz isnt appealing to me lol

Failure is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Yea bro, i'm guessing but it HAD to be somewhere in the 30's. I'm 5'11 and was 255lbs with very little muscle. I started changing my life on Dec. 7th 2008, so almost 2 years now.
    I am you 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    I am you 2 years ago.
    You can make the change brotha, trust me. I was the laziest most gluttoneous piece of sh!t on the plant. All I did was make a commitment to myself and didn't want to let myself down, or the people who were pulling for me.

I wish I had the support of this board when I started, it would have been that much easier. You have that... so let's get it on!!!

cyounger100 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My god man u want too get skinnier u look sick now eat and bulk up add some mass on that frame no need too get thinner jesus

Emperor9 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cyounger100 View Post
    My god man u want too get skinnier u look sick now eat and bulk up add some mass on that frame no need too get thinner jesus
    I agree he just needs to bulk at this point, thats what i would do at 11-12 % bf. just my opinion.

Thread Information