denon is offline Banned

how is my daily diet?

i gain weight somewhat easily but not too easily, so i dont have to be especially cautious when it comes to carbs and/or fats. i'm not really trying to keep a strict diet either, just trying to stay as lean as i can while putting on mass. but on the daily, my diet looks something like this

meal 1- 3 eggs, half cup cottage cheese, banana, 2 cups 2% milk
    meal 2- peanut butter & sugarfree jelly OR turkey sandwich (usually in class around this time, so diet is limited)
    meal 3- 5oz tuna, some cheddar cheese, 1 scoop whey + milk
    meal 4 (pwo)- [rice, pasta, oatmeal, or potatos], meat
    meal 5 (powo)- protein shake when i get home, 10-15 minutes later i will have lots of meat or fish, usually with rice, pasta, or potatos on the side, salad or other veggies

i don't often drink on the weekend, if i do it's a good amount of beer. i try to stay away, but i will usually end up having fast food once a week but i keep it clean with a grilled chicken sandwich.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    It's a pretty crappy diet if i'm being honest. Take a look at the other diets here that have been refined and try to make yours look more like those.

denon is offline Banned
    what's wrong with it? it seems pretty well balanced to me

A peanut butter and jelly sandwich is no meal for somebody looking to have a good physique. It's a waste of a meal. I don't mean to sound like a d!ck - I was being seroius - check out the other diets to get an idea of what a good BBing diet should look something like.

denon is offline Banned
    so because i eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich every once in a while, my entire diet is shit? lol

unless you skimmed thru my original post, it said that i was in class around that time. i can't start busting out potatos and chicken breast in the middle of a class..

Quote Originally Posted by denon View Post
    so because i eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich every once in a while, my entire diet is shit? lol

unless you skimmed thru my original post, it said that i was in class around that time. i can't start busting out potatos and chicken breast in the middle of a class..
    No, that's not why your entire diet is shit, I was just pointing out a shining example! Fair enough that you have class, but you can surely do better then a PB&J, or a cold cut turkey sandwich for that matter. Slice some grilled chicken breast really thin and eat that on quality bread like Ezekiel or something to that effect.

As for the rest of the diet, i'll be happy to give it serious critique, but please post it in a way that allows that. Time of day for each meal, where the workout fits into the day, and complete macro details for each meal in the form of protein/carbs/fat/total calories. Also need your stats - age, height, weight, BF%, goals, etc. Just not much to work with right now bro!

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Just want to second what you've already been told OP as you seem to have taken offense. GB's point was merely that it can't be considered a "serious" diet when things like PBJ and coldcut sandwiches are staples. Most of us make an effort to use only lean protein meals such as chicken, steak, and fish even when on the go. A diet with lots of variation that involves things like cheese, bread, pasta, and such isn't comparable to what you'll see a lot of guys here eating and neither is the omission of valuable info *stats, goals, etc*

denon is offline Banned
    i am 19, 5'8, 170lbs @ 14-15% bodyfat. my goal is just to get bigger naturally while trying to stay as lean as i can. i don't see myself going over 16% bodyfat any time soon, no matter what i eat.

Jahcuree is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75;541***9
    No, that's not why your entire diet is shit, I was just pointing out a shining example! Fair enough that you have class, but you can surely do better then a PB&J, or a cold cut turkey sandwich for that matter. Slice some grilled chicken breast really thin and eat that on quality bread like Ezekiel or something to that effect.

As for the rest of the diet, i'll be happy to give it serious critique, but please post it in a way that allows that. Time of day for each meal, where the workout fits into the day, and complete macro details for each meal in the form of protein/carbs/fat/total calories. Also need your stats - age, height, weight, BF%, goals, etc. Just not much to work with right now bro!
    gbrice nice new avi bro, good progress! (srry for thread interruption)

Quote Originally Posted by denon View Post
    i am 19, 5'8, 170lbs @ 14-15% bodyfat. my goal is just to get bigger naturally while trying to stay as lean as i can. i don't see myself going over 16% bodyfat any time soon, no matter what i eat.
    Be careful with that statement bro, because you already being 14-15% doesn't indicate to me that you are some kind of hard gainer or super skinny guy who can eat whatever and not gain bodyfat. Those guys are usually around 10% without even trying. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Jahcuree View Post
    gbrice nice new avi bro, good progress! (srry for thread interruption)
    Thank you brotha!

Gbrice, you wouldn't happen to have that info packet on hand would you? I'm in class and don't have access to it on my laptop, nor can I find it via my old posts. I think the OP may get some benefit from it before beginning with specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Gbrice, you wouldn't happen to have that info packet on hand would you? I'm in class and don't have access to it on my laptop, nor can I find it via my old posts. I think the OP may get some benefit from it before beginning with specifics.
    Unfortunately not, i'm at work and only have it saved on my home PC. Whoever gets access to it first can post it up here for him. That will probably be you since i'll be sitting here rotting for another 7 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Unfortunately not, i'm at work and only have it saved on my home PC. Whoever gets access to it first can post it up here for him. That will probably be you since i'll be sitting here rotting for another 7 hours.
    You may beat me to it yet. I'm meeting with two clients right after this. One of whom insists on going to happy hour and eating wings regularly, completely disregarding the diet I've made for her. Then her fat ass asks, with different phrasing each of a hundred times, why her progress is slow. At least we're getting paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    You may beat me to it yet. I'm meeting with two clients right after this. One of whom insists on going to happy hour and eating wings regularly, completely disregarding the diet I've made for her. Then her fat ass asks, with different phrasing each of a hundred times, why her progress is slow. At least we're getting paid.
    lmao! She and I aren't all that different, except that I KNOW why my progress is slow! =P

OP, sorry for the hijack bro.

Yeah but at least you're a cool dude and I don't have to listen to stories about how ungrateful your pothead son is while trying to teach proper form.

/End Hijack, lol.

Thread Information