Thread: Any pointers?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member

Any pointers?

Ok all, I've been off gear since late July, and have been 244 for awhile. Well I feel it's finally time to try and lean out. My bf is too bad, I think it's around 13% or so, I'm 6'2" , 244lbs. Here's how my diets been like
    6am
    6 eggs (4 whites/2 whole)
    1 cup oatmeal w/ 1 spoonfull of honey
    2 wheat toast w/peanutbutter

9am
    2 chicken breast
    1-1 1/2 cups rice
    2/3 cup mixed veggie

noon
    1 apple
    turkey breast sandwhich on whole wheat w/mustard only
    1 can tuna

3pm
    2 chicken breast
    1- 1 1/2 cups rice
    2/3 cup mixed veggie

6pm
    dinner (whatever the misses cooks)
    usually lean red meat/ veggie/ potatoes or rice

8pm
    protein shake
    creatine

9:30pm
    postworkout protein shake w/honey and 1 cup oats
    creatine

11pm-midnight bed
    2 cups milk or protein shake

I'm thinking of changing it to this

6am
    6 egg whites
    1/2 cup oats
    1 spoonfull virgin olive oil (don't have flax)

9am
    2 chicken breast
    3/4 - 1 cup rice
    2/3 mixed veggies

noon
    2 turkey sandwiches
    1 can tuna

3pm
    2 chicken breasts
    3/4 - 1 cup rice
    2/3 cup mixed veggies

6pm
    6 eggwhites/ 1 can tuna mixed
    1 cup veggies
    1/2 potatoe or 1/2 cup rice

8pm
    protein shake

postworkout shake w/honey

11pm
    protein shake

I'll be adding am cardio with eca before breakfast
    (fast walking on incline for 40 minutes)

Ok guys I need input and advice here.....I know I can tell others how to do it, but can't seem to give myself the right advice LOL.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    looks good to me, cept that if you stack all that food up, i'll be able to hide behind it!

We don't want that. I'm starting to think that me and you are the only ones on here today. Which is fine with me because I don't like to share anyway.

So it does look good, I hardly diet down any so.....

mnkc- so just how tal are ya? Don't be shy about it now....many great things come in small packages.

kc
    i HATE average..but that's me, i'm 5'5".

yea, looks like you sliced up your diet pretty well, cept do you have your essentials covered? 3's 6's and 9's?

No my fats are kinda crappy, I need to get some flax......dammit! I just ordered some protein and eca....*banging head against wall* I swear if it wasn't attached I'd lose it too! I am using virgin olive oil...not the greatest substitute but it'll work. I'm taking a spoonfull in the morning and another before bed.

5'5"......a girl I used to date was about that height and people would laugh because I'm a pretty big guy and when I'd hug her it looked like she would disapear. Don't be down on yourself.....'cause darlin' just from chatting with ya, there ain't nothing average about ya.

kc
    hehe, thanks I don't mind bein 5'5" it's a good base to build on...11% will look sweet, no matter how tall i am

hey, maybe add some codliver oil and primrose too? i'm a rookie but from what i've learned, flax, codliver and primrose gives that the full mix. lol, somebody will prolly walk all over me about that, but that's what i understand.

i may be wrong here, since i weigh about 210, which is alot less than you. But that looks like nearly 300-350 grams of protien! And the carbs are high too (im asuming there are carbs in the shakes, mine have about 28 g from the milk). I prefer i diet of just enough carbs to stay out of ketosis on a low day, and cycle up twice a week. Somthing like...125 one day, then -175, then -225. The 125 day would be edging up to ketosis. As far as protien, it seems excessive, but if your calories add up to be low enough i guess its not a problem. Do you think you should eat more dietary fat? less carbs?

rambo is offline The Lord God
    125 is nowhere near ketosis-not sure what you are getting at there, and he also has a good amount of protein(brokenbricks), but nonetheless that looks pretty good BIG TEXAN...man can you eat

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Most bro's on Keto don't go above 20g or so, but anyway. Your new program looks good Big Tex, for me I would drop the carbs a little bit lower. Drop out the bread and potato and have more veggies IMO. But I do not know how your body handles carbs so you could be fine with this level. For me I keep carbs around 100g for most days and then every three days go up to 230g carbs to cycle up. If you do cut some carbs, even if you don't, up your fat a little too, you meals look pretty lean and you are only getting olive oil as a supplement to fat. You gota get some flax bro, also natural peanut butter and peanuts will help with those meals you have dropped carbs from. Play around and see how it works. Hope this helps.

Pain

"125 is nowhere near ketosis-not sure what you are getting at there"

I can't speak for everyone. When im not dieting i can drink a gallon of coke in a day, so maybe i burn carbs fast....

But right now my diet is between 100-200 g of carb cycled in three day periods. And i test with ketosticks about 5 times a day, ( i pee alot for some reason). If i test after cardio i am in full blown ketosis. If i test after a meal with a good amount of carbs in it (50 or more) i wont see any ketones, all other times i am around the light pink (trace ketones). I take this to mean that on average, i am as close to ketosis as i should be. If i ate less carbs i imagine the light pink during most hours would become dark pink and that is mild ketotis.

Eat only 100 or so carbs for a few days, and do an hour of cardio and ill bet most people would be the same way.

--100--------"start ketosis"---------------------------30-----------0

I think 100 gets you pretty close, i think 30 is recomended because being close or just at ketosis isn't doing what you want ketosis to do. You need to get deep into it.

But to be honest, i think ketosis is bullshit. dont flame me yet.

Ketones are made when you dont burn fat fully. WHich is good because if you pee out the ketones you pee out calories. But the 64,000 question is....how many calories?

The answer is fat has 8cal/gram, turning it into ketones releases 2 cal.gram and the other 6/g is still stored in the ketones. So the # of grams of ketone you pee out, times 6 cal per gram= total caloric benifit of being in ketosis over being "just" out of ketosis. NOW look at you bottle of ketosticks. The highest concentration is about 200mg/dL, =to..
    2 grams per liter. Noy how many liters of urine to you pee out a day??
    30 liters....no sir. maybe 3 at best, of high quality ketonte full urine. It still doesnt add up to jack.

Im not saying you wont lose weight, or even that you wont lose weight fast. Only that you wont lose it any faster than if you had not starved your brain of glucose.

Painintheazz- Ok so, I'll be prdering some Flax today, but until it gets here I'll add a spoonfull of natural peanutbutter to my shakes. Also what if I cut the carbs in my 9am and 3pm meals to 1/2 cup? I'm not trying to go keto on this, just lower my carbs. I'm about 13%bf right now and it's always been hard for me to go lower than that. Any time I lower my carbs just a bit I crash. My workouts turn to crap and I feel tired. But this time I'm gonna give it a longer try and see if I can handle it. Yes I can eat but before my next cycle I want to lower my bf some.

Try cutting them, I would start with the 3pm first and see how you feel. Then go for the 9am (that is early in the morning and I am pretty sure you are burning those carbs off no problem anyway). I think you usually crash when you go low carb because you are also limiting your fat intake too much too. I used to have the same problem but then I found when I upped my fat intake a little I felt much better, and actually lost more fat too. Also you can try getting the lowest GI versions of your carbs, bread make sure it is a high grain bread, rice make sure it is brown (not instant but slow cook, there is a difference) potato - skip that or go for a sweat potato (potatos are very high on the GI scale) I have found that controlling my carbs in relation to GI numbers is much more useful than just cutting carbs.

Pain

Pain

I hear ya. The potatoes I eat are sweet potatoes, the wheat bread is whole grain, and I am already starting to cut carbs after 5pm. I am going to increase my fat intake. I don't know what the hell my deal is, I cab give reat advice to someone else but when it comes to my own diet I become braindead!LOL So how does this sound...

6am
    6 eggs (4 whites/ 2 whole)
    1/2 cup oatmeal w/ 1 spoonfull honey) gotta have some flavor!
    1 spoonfull virgin olive oil or peanutbutter.(until flax comes in)

9am
    3/4 cup rice
    2 chicken breast
    2/3 cup veggie

noon
    2 turkey breast sand.
    1 can tuna w/olive oil (again until flax comes in)

3pm
    1/2 cup rice
    2 chicken breast
    2/3 cup veggie

6pm
    lean meat (chicken, fish, red meat)
    1- 1 1/2 cup veggies

8pm
    preworkout shake
    creatine

postworkout shake w/ dextrose
    creatine
    I used to have a cup of oats after my w/o. drop 'em or keep 'em? I know I need some good carbs in my post w/o meal, but with it being so close to bed any suggestions?

10:30pm
    either tuna, egg white omelet, or chicken

11:30pm
    protein shake (should I add some flax here or just leave it out?)
    Last edited by BIG TEXAN; 03-03-2003 at 10:52 AM.

Looks good bro, you should add the flax in your shake right before bed this will help slow down the digestion of it. (depends on your total fat intake if it gets to high maybe drop some fat somewhere else and add the flax there, I think it will be most beneficial there) BTW, if you want some calorie free flavor to oatmeal try some equal (or other no cal sweatner) It tastes really good.

Pain

Thanks Pain!

yellows2k is offline Member
    6am
    I think you will get enough fat with the EFA's. I dont think you need the egg yolks, but thats an iffy one its your call.

9am
    looks good

noon
    I'm not a fan of bread so I would say bread should go. It's one of the better choices and if it works for you then keep it, I just retain more water with bread.

3pm
    maybe sub. rice with oatmeal

6pm
    looks good

8pm
    looks good

930pm
    looks good, you dont need the oats

1030pm
    looks good

1130pm
    yeah I would add fat like pain said.

Diet looks very solid. Very similar to mine. Covered everything from fibrous veggies, low GI carbs, dextrose post workout, protein every meal, EFAs(O3 and O6's)......excellent diet.

Thanks yellow, like I said before, I can give everyone and their mom advice on their diet, but when it comes to my own I start to go braindead. LOL Besides that I've been just bluking forever now and have decided it's time to get down to 8%-10% bf for awhile. I appreciate all ya'lls help. I'll keep it updated as I go.

Thread Information