Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    mustang331's Avatar
    mustang331 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    796

    When Will I Notice A Change?

    I was like 190 3 weeks ago, and since then I have been eating super clean, though more meals a day ( 6 small ones ) and cardio 6 days a week for atleast 45 min. and some times 60 min.

    I am now like 186... I feel a little leaner though my weight is the same. I don't notice any big changes...


    Am I jumping the gun here, should I see a diffrence or no?

  2. #2
    painintheazz's Avatar
    painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    3,352

    Re: When Will I Notice A Change?

    Originally posted by mustang331
    I was like 190 3 weeks ago, and since then I have been eating super clean, though more meals a day ( 6 small ones ) and cardio 6 days a week for atleast 45 min. and some times 60 min.

    I am now like 186... I feel a little leaner though my weight is the same. I don't notice any big changes...


    Am I jumping the gun here, should I see a diffrence or no?
    4lbs in 3 weeks is normal, anything more than that and you are losing muscle and water.

    Pain

  3. #3
    symatech's Avatar
    symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    not where I want to be
    Posts
    7,546
    yeah make sure to get your protein. Good things take time bro, stick with it youll be glad you did.

    peace
    symatech

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    597
    Was the 190 post water loss?

    You should lose a shit load of water as your glycogen depletes.
    so 4 pounds of fat is great for 3 weeks, but the scale only going down 4 pounds is not a good sign, unless you were already eating low carbs a week before the 190 measurment. Were you in ketosis at the 190 measurment?

    I am three weeks into my diet also and I didnt really see definite, unmistakeable results untill the begining of this week, but i dropped 15 pounds in these 3 weeks. so unless you answers yes to one of the above quesitons you might be in trouble.

    Pain, am i wrong thinking that before any true ketosis fat loss, a lagre amount of water loss must precede it? On account of the huge drop in water solubolized glycogen that is neccesary for ketotsis.
    Last edited by BrokenBricks; 03-06-2003 at 12:44 PM.

  5. #5
    mustang331's Avatar
    mustang331 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    796
    Well its been 2 weeks and 5 days now. Before this I was not really working out or eating good at all... I upped my water intake from about 1/2 gallon to atleast 1.5 gallons a day.. I started with no carbs the first two weeks, and just this week ( from what people told me ) I started to add about 1 cup of oats at 3pm...

    But I am eating super clean and doing mucho cardio with 3 days a week of weights... I feel good though.. I just want to see some results...

  6. #6
    painintheazz's Avatar
    painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    3,352
    Originally posted by BrokenBricks
    Was the 190 post water loss?

    Pain, am i wrong thinking that before any true ketosis fat loss, a lagre amount of water loss must precede it? On account of the huge drop in water solubolized glycogen that is neccesary for ketotsis.
    No bro you are on the money with that one. My first week of going from regular diet to low carbs I always drop 5lbs that week. Then the normal 1 - 2 lbs per week comes into play. Glycogen helps store tons of water in muscle cells, without you don't store that much water. That is why you always look flat on low carbs.

    Pain

  7. #7
    painintheazz's Avatar
    painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    3,352
    Originally posted by mustang331
    Well its been 2 weeks and 5 days now. Before this I was not really working out or eating good at all... I upped my water intake from about 1/2 gallon to atleast 1.5 gallons a day.. I started with no carbs the first two weeks, and just this week ( from what people told me ) I started to add about 1 cup of oats at 3pm...

    But I am eating super clean and doing mucho cardio with 3 days a week of weights... I feel good though.. I just want to see some results...
    When have you been weighting yourself, in the morning when you are dehydrated and not full of food, or in the night were you will have a large degree of variation in your weight depending on the days activities??


    Pain

  8. #8
    BIG TEXAN's Avatar
    BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    6,525
    Just listen to Pain on this, and be patient. It sounds like you're doing good, just keep at it and you'll see a difference by this summertime easily.

  9. #9
    mustang331's Avatar
    mustang331 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    796
    Originally posted by painintheazz


    When have you been weighting yourself, in the morning when you are dehydrated and not full of food, or in the night were you will have a large degree of variation in your weight depending on the days activities??


    Pain
    Well I have been weighing my self at night LOL When I go to the gym...
    I should prob weigh myself in the morning huh...


    Also big texan I sure hope I am good to go by summer time...

  10. #10
    painintheazz's Avatar
    painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    3,352
    Originally posted by mustang331


    Well I have been weighing my self at night LOL When I go to the gym...
    I should prob weigh myself in the morning huh...


    Also big texan I sure hope I am good to go by summer time...
    Yup, weigh yourself in the morning when you wake up. That will give a better est of your weight without water and food. That will be more consistent. Stick with it, if you find it not to be yeilding 1lb or maybe 2lb a week in the next couple of weeks then something needs to be changed, but stick with it. It will work in the end.

    Pain

  11. #11
    justme's Avatar
    justme is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    240
    you can safely average 2lbs a week.

  12. #12
    BIG TEXAN's Avatar
    BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    6,525
    Well I was just meaning like in a couple of months of dieting down slowly, you'll really notice the results.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •