web03 is offline Associate Member

need a lot of help with the diet scheme

i've always eaten clean but never kept close counts of calories. I've done alot of research the last couple of days and need some help with some questions.

1. The formula for RMR is bodyweight (divide it by) 2.205 X 30.4

So when i figure that out I weigh 225 so my rmr would be 3102. Isn't that a little high?

Ok so now that i figure that out I figure i probably burn about 600 cals working out and about 150 cals at a min sleeping.

So by common sense I should be taking in a whole shit load of calories......but that doesn't sound right to me.

My stats.....225 5'9 10-12 %bf. I guess im confused on how many cals i should be getting. Im looking to pretty much stay the same...maybe a little more muscle but slowly reduce bf.

Ok so this is what i do know:

1. I need at least 230g of protein...which is 920 cals
    2. I need (I think) at least 150g of carbs.....600cals.
    3. I really don't know how much fat. I realize 20 percent of the diet but i dont even know how many cals i need.

Any help appreciated......web

yellows2k is offline Member
    3102 doesnt seem too high, I need 2700 and im 150lbs

1. I would get 1g per LEAN BODY MASS so 225*10%BF=22.5 So 225 minus 22.5 equals 202.5. Get 205g of protein.

2. I dunno where you get this number. For maintaining I would get like 200-250g of carbs and if you start to get fat, drop a little. 150 is too low.

3. Fat, 20%.

Take 3102 * 20%=620

620/9= 69g, To make it easier just make it 70g of fat a day, of which most should be EFAs.

that's some good stuff. Thanks for the help...web

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with my boy yellow. He is always on point with his treads.

Pain

So here's a rough plan that i have come up with. I obviously need much help so all help is very much appreciated:

0500 walk for 30 mins. Cup of apple juice before.

0530 Enlarge protein shake

700 6 egg whites
    1 1/2 cup of oats

1000 enlarge protein shake

1300 6 oz of chicken
    1/2 cup of brown rice

1600 1 can of tuna

1800 2 apples before workout

2000 enlarge shake

I know its a rough plan. Any help much appreciated. Web

yellows2k is offline Member
    Start counting your calories and macros and ditch the fruit before cardio and before your workout. You dont need Nlarge unless u are bulking, it has too much sugar and stuff, plus real foods are better. You have Nlarge after your workout, but before bed, have some real food.

Fruit is too much sugar but I guess if you had to pick a fruit, apple would be best. Why are u drinking apple juice before cardio? Are you doing cardio just for heart conditioning or trying to lose fat?

Get a good multivitamin, and whey protein once a day after your workout is all the supplements u need.

buffmike is offline Junior Member
    Yeah I would get rid of the fruit juice. With maintenance I keep it to one serving a day. Dont be scared of your vegetables.
    I also would get rid of all those enlarge proitein shakes. They have alot of sugar and are really not needed unless you are trying to bulk. Up your veggi intake and maybe throw in one more serving of carbs (serving of oatmeal) you can even uip the egg white count in the morning to 7 or 8, its great protein. Try even a peice of fat free cheese on the eggs, it will throw in another 5gs.
    Another thing that needs to be addressed is your good fats. Where are they?! dont be afraid to have a protein shake mixed w water and a scopp of NATURAL peanut butter before bed. Dont ever touch the processed type. Maybe even a teaspoon of oliven oil on your chicken can help you aceive this. Try Salmon too if it suits your taste buds. FDont be afraid of the good fast, especially if your carbs are going to be kpt to a minimum.
    Gopod luck!

I guess the whole purpose of the apples and apple juice is for some quick energy before a work out. I guess its a waste of cals. As for the walking, its to burn up a few extra cals. I appeciate your help. I'll re-evaluate the diet and post it when i figure it out better....web

Thread Information