LiveFitBeFit is offline Just a banned Fat boy!

Mixing Fats with Carbs- question!

Alrighty guys so I know all the bro science about not mixing carbs with fats, but my last meal is always 8oz or so of 96/4 Ground beef. Anyways I have been upping my carbs lately.. And my question is: Would it be "bad" to mix the extra lean ground beef with a 5oz sweet potato? I used to do the Beef only with veggies but I love how I feel with the higher carbs!
    Would love some feedback. Thanks in advance brothas.

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    there is no harm or foul doing this.

Beautiful! Figured since I've been doing it for a month or so now and feeling great with 250-300 complex carbs daily

Bump!? Looking for some other opinions and thoughts on this idea!

digsy1983 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFitBeFit View Post
    Alrighty guys so I know all the bro science about not mixing carbs with fats, but my last meal is always 8oz or so of 96/4 Ground beef. Anyways I have been upping my carbs lately.. And my question is: Would it be "bad" to mix the extra lean ground beef with a 5oz sweet potato? I used to do the Beef only with veggies but I love how I feel with the higher carbs!
    Would love some feedback. Thanks in advance brothas.
    steak and sweet potato was my PWO meal today (and a whey shake). dont normally mix carbs and fats, but every once in a while aint gona bova too much. keeps the sainty in check aswel.
    i was really strict about what i ate and when i ate it when i started my 'educated cut', but a few ppl on here go by the 'as long as you get your daily macros in within the day, its pretty much ok'. so a slight tweek here and there aint gona cause too much fuss.

Blog Entries
    over thinking....

its not a worry untill your fat is 14g in the said meal, along with a large amount of carbs say 40g+

seriously guys,,.... 9 fat and 6 carbs together is not gonna hinder u. nor is 1 meal with 1 million fat and a billion carbs.

They use to say protein and carbs together was a no no in the 70's. so you may as well not eat them together either.

The general idea is get carbs in at brekfast and PWO, and the rest of teh meal s being fat and protein.

Its only long term when eating 6 meals a day of fat and carbs that will cause your body to react the way it will in this situation....

ronny coleman puts kraft cheese slices on his oatmeal... unless you are going for 4% bf or below for a show.. who cares, you will never see the difference in this one meal.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Mockery, where did you get the magic number of 14g fat being the maximum?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

digsy1983 is offline Member
    Seems this is something that grinds mocks gears!!?? lol.

I don't mix fats/fatty meat with carbs purely so the absorption rate isn't slowed down.

I've seen a load of ronnies videos but don't think id try and emulate anything he does, diet or training wise. To many drugs in his day. N his a big man, if he wants cheese on his breakfast HIS GONA HAVE CHEESE ON HIS BREAKFAST.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Mockery, where did you get the magic number of 14g fat being the maximum?
    im a bit curious about this one too

me too^^ Haha

Blog Entries
    from looking at how fats effect the break down of protein and carbs, and from lyle McDonald.

if you wanna stress about eating cottage cheese or a steak with broccoli .. ok go ahead ... haha oh noes 4 carbs and 9 fat... im fuked

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    It was a civil question, your second paragraph suggests at least an element of sarcasm.

There is no finite number, same is there is no ' oh, we can only assimilate 30g if protein per meal'. Each of us is different, some respond better to higher carbs and some to higher fats. For some, they can mix 20g fats with 60g carbs and not have an issue. Also it is partly goal dependant.

This diet game is best won when you work out what works best for yourself. I've spent years working out how the best way to progress is for my body. Ask 405, my approach doesn't work the best for him and vice versa.

Personally if I was having a carb rich meal I would try and limit my fats to about 12g.

And as for Big Ronnie, I agree with the reply made about his generic freakishness and the amount if assistance he gets. Plus, I'll wager he didn't put cheese slices on his breakfast when he was cutting.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    It was a civil question, your second paragraph suggests at least an element of sarcasm.

There is no finite number, same is there is no ' oh, we can only assimilate 30g if protein per meal'. Each of us is different, some respond better to higher carbs and some to higher fats. For some, they can mix 20g fats with 60g carbs and not have an issue. Also it is partly goal dependant.

This diet game is best won when you work out what works best for yourself. I've spent years working out how the best way to progress is for my body. Ask 405, my approach doesn't work the best for him and vice versa.

Personally if I was having a carb rich meal I would try and limit my fats to about 12g.

And as for Big Ronnie, I agree with the reply made about his generic freakishness and the amount if assistance he gets. Plus, I'll wager he didn't put cheese slices on his breakfast when he was cutting.
    people have gone over bored with the dont mix fat with carbs, i doubt the majority even know why.. Nor or they looking to get on stage. I understand everyone has to find some thing works for them and we are all different. There is fat in meats, so the idea of not being able to eat carbs with protein is a bit odd to me. If people wanna be this anal, they really shouldn't eat any carbs.

bottom line is people who do IF and only eat 3 meals a day mix all macros together and do fine with fat and carbs... its not such a big deal . What is a big deal is knowing when to consume carbs through the day.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    It doesnt matter if you eat fat with carbs. iT DOESNT.
    Why? Because guys like us are eating 7 times a day, every 2 hrs. Your gonna have glucose and fatty acids in the bloodstream at the same time no matter what you do. And proteins fats and carsb all peak at different times in the blood stream...so theres NO WAY you can manipulate it significantly when you gotta eat 7 times a day.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    No problem with consuming them together. In fact, I prefer a well balanced macro profile most of the time anyway. Having said that, I always have one dominant over the other in any given meal. If carbs are relatively high, fat is relatively low, and vice versa. This is my preference, not gospel.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    saying it doesnt matter if u eat fats and carbs together is too broad of statement.

it is widely accepted by guys a lot smarter and more knowledgeable than any of us combining fats and carbs is not a good idea especially when a large quantity of carbs are being eaten. trace amts of fats are ok but there is a limit.

Thread Information