OTC
    OTC is offline Junior Member

Ever burnout on eating?

I've been pigging out on all sorts of food for over a year now, always eating snacks every 3 hours, large meals, all high in protein of course. I can honestly say, I am sick of eating so much damn food! Sick of tuna, cottage cheese, peanut butter, milk, oatmeal, chicken, etc. It doesn't stop me, but man sometimes I find it hard to motivate myself to pile down the food down all the time. Am I the only one who is like this?
    -OTC

AMsupafly is offline New Member
    I have had this problem before, albiet very ocassionally. For the most part, I love to eat when I am in a bulking phase. I do understand how it can be overwhelming to eat so much food sometimes though. IMO, it is far more painful to have to restrict your diet than to expand it

Swellin Guest
    I am the pickiest eater on the planet, so I have a terrible time with my diet. On top of that, I have a full set of sweet teeth, rather than just a sweet tooth. I also love bread...all bread. I hate veggies....all veggies (except for a good ole tater).

So, hell yes...I get tired of eating. I have to eat this crap that I can barely choke down. I mean, how many times can a man eat chicken and rice without growing feathers? Will a regular razor work on feathers? I can't choke tuna down, so that means more chicken... more feathers.

It also gets really old having to eat every 2.5 hours. I am incredibly spontaneous...I won't plan anything past tomorrow morning, so forcing myself to eat at certain intervals is creating some interpersonnal demons.

I could carry this much further, but I will stop now. OTC, you are not alone. Thanks for letting me vent a little.

((sorry, I got a little goofy with the smilies))

rambo is offline The Lord God
    I'm the opposite. I am always hungry, always. I have a near insatiable appetite. And my problem is that im not naturally lean, so im constantly, constantly fighting BF. My metabolism will never take care of itself. I am jealous of you guys who are hardgainers. I would kill to switch with ya...

AMsupafly is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    I'm the opposite. I am always hungry, always. I have a near insatiable appetite. And my problem is that im not naturally lean, so im constantly, constantly fighting BF. My metabolism will never take care of itself. I am jealous of you guys who are hardgainers. I would kill to switch with ya...
    Ok, let's make a trade When I first started lifting, for about the first year or so, I knew nothing about nutrition. I didn't increase my protein intake, nor did I try to take in an excess amount of calories. To sum it up, my first year of lifting was basically a waste (to some extent). Over the next year I realized just how much I actually had to eat to put on weight (I have a high metabolism). Well, it may be a pain for you to have to eat so much sometimes, but it is well worth it. Like Rambo said, now I am always hungry. Speaking of which...

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OTC
    I've been pigging out on all sorts of food for over a year now, always eating snacks every 3 hours, large meals, all high in protein of course. I can honestly say, I am sick of eating so much damn food! Sick of tuna, cottage cheese, peanut butter, milk, oatmeal, chicken, etc. It doesn't stop me, but man sometimes I find it hard to motivate myself to pile down the food down all the time. Am I the only one who is like this?
    -OTC
    I have to eat 4000-5000 calaries per day just to maintain my weight, so Yes, I get sick and tired of eating and quite frequently. I try to drink about half of my calories so I don't have to chew so much. The stuff I drink is pretty good too. No empty calories and crap. Thank goodness for that stuff, or I wouldn't be able to eat that much every day of the week.

OTC
    Yea, I'm too poor for shakes, I'm just a struggling college kid! So I have to buy the cheap shit! Tuna, cottage cheese, ect. Blah!

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Quote Originally Posted by DBarcelo
    I have to eat 4000-5000 calaries per day just to maintain my weight, so Yes, I get sick and tired of eating and quite frequently. I try to drink about half of my calories so I don't have to chew so much. The stuff I drink is pretty good too. No empty calories and crap. Thank goodness for that stuff, or I wouldn't be able to eat that much every day of the week.

I hate you

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DBarcelo
    I'm with Rambo...i hate you too...it's possible i'm just jealous...

mfenske is offline Member
    I gotta say I am in the same boat as Rambo and AMsupafly, I am always hungry. If you count during and post workout shakes I average ten meals a day and I am STILL hungry. They guys I work with give me a hard time if I am don't eat every three hours. For those of you who are having trouble eating often, I say just stick with it. Over time your body will adjust and when you get around the 2-2.5 hour mark you start to get hungry, well at least I do. Mark

OTC
    Well to me it really isn't that I'm not hungrey, I'm just sick of eating. A lot of the stuff I eat isn't exaclty appetizing either.

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OTC
    Well to me it really isn't that I'm not hungrey, I'm just sick of eating. A lot of the stuff I eat isn't exaclty appetizing either.
    That is exactly my point. I am hungry every 2-3 hours, but I get tired of chewing.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    im sik of all da food 2 bro, gets like dat after a while i suppose. but i still eat, its very important 2 me and is part of my life. i am especially sick of really good protein sources like tuna... yukkk... used to love it but now i dont think i even know wat tuna tastes like, i just swollow.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    I hate you

LOL. So do I!

Thread Information