Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member

The Weight Watcher's Craze

Of course this is a great diet to lose weight with. My father lost 120 lbs in 8 months. But, it do any of you think that it would work in the bodybuilding world? Or think it can be revised to be effective in the bodybuilding world? I myslef doubt it but who knows what they can come up with in a few years. Any thoughts?

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    I haven't done to much research on that specfic diet but I few people I know have gotten great results from it. I feel that you can minipluate it to be more of a bodybuilders diet yes...by taking most of your aloted points per day in protein and moderate carbs.

As far as a precontest diet...I don't feel that this weight watches would give you the desired look that is wanted.

yeah. well, a reason I don't think it will fit in the body building world is that you can cheat but you got to comphensate for it later on in the day. like you can eat 2 slices of pizza a day but then you got to cut back later on during the day not eating as much

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Weight watcher's is nothing more than your typical low carb diet. Works for the masses, but as soon as you introduce carbs back into your diet you'll blow back up like a ballon. Was your dad able successfully keep the weight off? I'm asking because I have never heard one person who tried a commercial weight loss diet out and was able to keep the weight off for an extended period of time.
    And this kind of diet would spell havoc for a bodybuilder or anyone else for that matter who lifts weights and strives for a better body. Without having carbs in your body in replacing glyocogen levels your body will simply tap into your muscles for energy and it will get eaten away at record pace. In short, athletes and weightlifters need carbs. Without them you'll just end up looking like a 15-year old beanpole looking, fashion model.

My father went down from 320 to 200 and the doctor told him to quit losing weight. He has been able to keep it off, I think mostly because he lost about 2-4 lbs a week. He has been able to keep it off mostly because he eats more healthy, and only cheats like every 3 days.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Regular people who need to shed pounds, and bodybuilders looking to sculpt a body, have two totally different dietary needs.

WW is NOT a program for anyone remotely interested in maximizing lean mass gain/preservation while losing bodyfat only, thus contributing to a better body composition reading. WW participants are usually indicative of becoming smaller, just-as-fat, people.

~SC~

tatertoos is offline Associate Member
    Wow Swole! You never cease to amaze...

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Regular people who need to shed pounds, and bodybuilders looking to sculpt a body, have two totally different dietary needs.

WW is NOT a program for anyone remotely interested in maximizing lean mass gain/preservation while losing bodyfat only, thus contributing to a better body composition reading. WW participants are usually indicative of becoming smaller, just-as-fat, people.

~SC~
    So am I also safe to assume that you are not an advocate of the slim fast diet?

I saw a fat guy on that one at work. A shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch and 2 oz of steak for dinner wiith some lima beans. They call it a diet- I call it starvation! But, if you are fat, I am sure you would lose weight, right?

Thread Information