pestis is offline Junior Member

PWO Meal timing question

This ? has been stuck in my head all week. input please?

If the crucial timing for PWO meal is 30min, does that mean that if you work 2 body parts in one workout that you are missing your window for growth in the first muscle group while working on the second.
    hopefully I phrased this question clearly, its early.
    Hailz bro's,
    Pestis

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    I think i get what you're saying....one thing i know is that if you dont want to take in your entire PWO shake after working two body parts you can drink half of it right before you workout and then sip on it until finished with the entire workout....some people live by that and im sure it works...as for me i just drink my entire shake after working two parts and so far i havent seen any negative results.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Just drink the pwo shake after ALL your weights are done. Drinking it before or during is not a good idea.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    I think i get what you're saying....one thing i know is that if you dont want to take in your entire PWO shake after working two body parts you can drink half of it right before you workout and then sip on it until finished with the entire workout....some people live by that and im sure it works...as for me i just drink my entire shake after working two parts and so far i havent seen any negative results.
    That makes sense. I am going to try that.
    I was thinking about this question yesterday because their was a guy at my gym that looked like a competitor, he did a full back workout and then went straight into a full chest workout with only a gallon of water in hand. My question was basically, is he missing his window for getting protein and glucose into his back muscles while he is working his chest for another half hour?

I stand corrected.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by pestis
    That makes sense. I am going to try that.
    I was thinking about this question yesterday because their was a guy at my gym that looked like a competitor, he did a full back workout and then went straight into a full chest workout with only a gallon of water in hand. My question was basically, is he missing his window for getting protein and glucose into his back muscles while he is working his chest for another half hour?

No, he's completing a chest/back workout. If he's in that good of shape, he definitely is doing something correct, right?

My guess is he's there 75-90 minutes and handles his business. Then has his pwo nutrition.........

If one were to half ass the workout, and over-train for 2-3 hours, then of course there is a missing a window there. That being the case, one is also over-training like hell and doesn't know any better, so he/she is actually missing the boat!

bigs, it wasn't my intention to correct you bro, just offering what I know that's all. Thanks bro.........

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    No, he's completing a chest/back workout. If he's in that good of shape, he definitely is doing something correct, right?

My guess is he's there 75-90 minutes and handles his business. Then has his pwo nutrition.........

If one were to half ass the workout, and over-train for 2-3 hours, then of course there is a missing a window there. That being the case, one is also over-training like hell and doesn't know any better, so he/she is actually missing the boat!

bigs, it wasn't my intention to correct you bro, just offering what I know that's all. Thanks bro.........

~SC~
    Thanks SC,
    that answers my question.
    hailz,
    Pestis

well i dont mind making sure my info is up to date....i actually got that idea from an article i read in Testosterone , but as i said, i train my ass off for 60min then take my entire pwo shake after.

Thread Information