xenithon is offline Member

Maintenance/Lean Muscle Gain Diet

Hi People,

First off, I haven't been here in a few months due to PC upgrade problems but I gotta say - THIS PLACE IS PUMPING. Well done to all the mods and fellow member for making this the best place on the net

I am currently about 185lbs, about 8-10% (haven't checked too recently). I have tried those typical bulk then cut phases before, but I prefer my current approach - slow, lean muscle growth. I am in no rush after all, and want to pack on lean mass without having to put on fat then cut it off

I am currently getting around 250-300g protein, about 150-200g carbs, about 30-40g good fats.

I just wanted to know if there are any suggestions? I am now in particular, trying to keep the muscle (and any extra added is great) but mainly to get rid of that thin layer of subcutaneous fat over the stomach and lovehandles. I have a 6-ish pack but I can definitely feel that thin layer getting in the way of real definition. Should I change the diet in any way? Lower the carbs perhaps? I train 5 days a week, about an hour heavy weights, cardio done 15 mins 2-3 times a week.

Thanks all!
    Xenith

beenie is offline Senior Member
    If you lower your carbs below 20g/day you will lose water weight in about a week. It makes for better definition. As soon as you up the carbs though the water weight comes back. So, if you plan on meeting a woman for the first time, and you want to impress her, and you have a week's notice, I recommend it!

bravo11p is offline Associate Member

diet

I would consider dropping your fat intake a tad. Maybe 5-10g I would also increase your cardio to at least 30 min 3-4x a week. IMO, cardio will take care of your fatty problems quicker than anything else.

Thread Information