Speed Trials is offline Junior Member

Ideal macro breakdown while cutting?

I'm sure this has been covered on the board before, but I couldn't really track anything down that answered my specific questions. So I apologize for any redundancy.

What is the ideal breakdown for macros while cutting?

Also, I've noticed that many of you eat a lot more pro/fat than pro/carb meals, and save the pro/carb for your two PWO meals (while cutting). How do you guys keep your fat at a reasonable amount while doing this? And do you consume mainly pro/fat on days you don't lift? I've noticed that on some of the days when I don't lift, my fat intake is off the charts (i.e.--40-50%).

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    While cutting my ratios usually go from 50%p/25%c/25%f and gradually change to 60%p/20%c/30%f.

My fat intake never exceeds 30% though.

Understand more important than the ratios is the kind of foods and the timing of each meal. I have a protein/carb meal immediately after working out and another protein/carb meal an hr following my pwo drink.

Very seldom do I have a keto day. Only when neccessary and progress stalls.

Yeah, I've got the types of foods and the timing down, but I feel pretty clueless when it comes to balancing the numbers. It occured to me after I posted my question that most guys here eat a ****load of protein, which is why the fat remains lower. In order for me to get 50% of my calories from protein, I'd have to take in 250 grams. My dilemma is that I have to fit that into a diet which consists of about 2000 cals/day.

So, is there anything detrimental to cutting (or overall health) by having the fat intake exceed 30% if it's from clean sources like flax, olive oil, and almonds? Any input/advice is appreciated.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Get your protein at 1.5 times bodyweight. Then have enough carbs in your pwo meals to satisfy the needs for your size, and "perhaps" oats after a.m. cardio, some do. Then, you simply add fats to the meals that don't have any carbs in them to reach your calorie target.

One key point is that as ratios of all macros change, so do calorie requirements and what one can get away with. Usually with the focus on fats/proteins, overall Kcals can be higher than with an approach based upon more carbs.

~SC~

Thanks guys. I may post my (slightly) revised cutting diet in a few days just to get your opinions and to make sure nothing is out of whack.

Thread Information