Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How Much Air is Needed (to cause death)

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouch View Post
    Thank for the post. Really eases the mind when it comes to air bubbles. I have seen the same thing happen when aspirating. I get an air bubble and no blood, is this normal?
    he isnt going to be flattered, post is ancient.

better to create threads rather than bumping old ones.

you want to see the vacuum bubble each time, better than blood and having to re-site.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ADB007 View Post
    This one time I got really high and then only realised that I needed to shoot that night. So thinking I could do it, I loaded my syringe, stuck it in and started shooting. I only realised half way through shooting that the syringe was full of air! around 3ml. Anyway i finnished the shot and for about 3 days i had an air bubble in my ass which was very uncomfortable. I will obviously never do it again. but this is just to inform you that I never died or had any serious problems.
    on another note, wtf was this guy doing????!!!!!! lol

dickster is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Brilliant thanks for posting.

bulktser84 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr View Post
    Most of the medical textbooks say it takes around 100 cc's of air to have a significant effect.

I was interested in this and performed a few experiments on sheep in my lab...I injected over 250 cc's into a venous line and saw no detectable changes.
    Yes but from what I understand IV and IM are two different things if
    they're going to the muscular tissue its not the same as going straight into the bloodstream

Sathane is offline New Member
    Very cool. Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by bulktser84 View Post

Yes but from what I understand IV and IM are two different things if
    they're going to the muscular tissue its not the same as going straight into the bloodstream
    So it didn't drive them baaarmy... ur not trying to pull the "wool" over our eyes.... :-)
    I'm so funny

Aleksandro is offline New Member
    Old but gold.

Iron Mind is offline Junior Member
    Nice read, but when you're injecting steroids . Is there a problem with possibly injecting air in your body..?

I don't think so right..?

godzillaaaaa is offline New Member
    nice, im glad it will be hard to get that many cc's of air in me, you've got to be actually trying to drop yourself if your gonna get that much air in you at once lol

GSXRvi6 is offline Member
    I know someone that committed suicide this way. It didn't take much to do the job, all he had was insulin syringes. This wasn't a friend of a friend situation either.

I would venture a guess as to where the injection takes place has in impact, if the bubble gets to the lungs first your ok, if it doesn't your toast.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXRvi6 View Post
    I know someone that committed suicide this way. It didn't take much to do the job, all he had was insulin syringes. This wasn't a friend of a friend situation either.

I would venture a guess as to where the injection takes place has in impact, if the bubble gets to the lungs first your ok, if it doesn't your toast.
    You would have to shoot air into your carotid artery for it to go straight to your brain.

GSXRvi6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    You would have to shoot air into your carotid artery for it to go straight to your brain.
    Then I would venture a guess all of the veins we have access to from like in the surface of our arms all go to our lungs.

I would assume it would take a hell of a lot of air then. As a diver, it's favorable for air to be taken to the lungs, too much results in "the chokes" but you don't die.

averagejoe89 is offline New Member
    As a qualified combat medic, i've heard from my instructors, nurses, surgeons and doctors that it can take up to 100cc's or more to actually kill someone, but theres reported cases of minimal amounts killing people too, so my advice is don't do it at all, but you'll know right away if you've done any harm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information