BayouPumps is offline Associate Member

Pain in elbow when doing curls

I got into a motorcycle accident a few years ago and I have a plate and screws in my right elbow, when I do curls it kind of hurts..my question is, Would it be possible to get the plate and screws removed? I think it is all healed up by now and I really think it is the reason it hurts. It was a military hospital so the doctors sucked(no offense to any military docs around) and I think they didn;t exactly put the plate in the correct position.

I also have 3 screws in my left knee and one of the screws is sticking through my knee and it feels like if I pushed it hard enough is would be enough to stick through my skin.

Anyone ever get any hardware removed and if so was it better or worse after you had it done?

tamvu is offline Junior Member
    I had a steel plate and screws removed from my hip and femur because they were causing a lot of pain. Make sure the surgeon is familiar with scar tissue removal because this is a great source of pain and everytime you have surgery there is scar tissue build up which can be worse than the injury. Doesn't always show up on MRI, all machines are not sensitive enough. If you are lucky and live near a large city maybe you have access to a good radiologist and good MRI machine. Interview as many surgeons as possible, they will all tell you it is going to be fine once the hardware is removed. And this is not true. Try hard to find the best surgeon available-a badd one can make you miserable for years good luck

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I still have my hardware installed, but the surgeon told me that some of the plates and screws can be removed if I ever choose to.

BayouPumps is offline Associate Member
    is that how you keep that cute little baby face?

haha, tks guys I will talk to a doctor I believe. I do believe I talked to them when I will still in phisical therapy and they did say I could have it removed at a later time if I chose to....I wonder if my va benefits would cover an out of military doc though.

Thread Information