Alloy is offline Junior Member

Yet another story of the Endo run-around

So finally my appt comes up after a couple month wait and I go to visit the Endo. This story takes the cake and is guaranteed to make the BP jump 50 points.

Walk in with all my bloodwork and saliva tests. Described all my symptoms (Lethargic, Sweats, Depression, Moody, etc) and informed him that Androgel helped somewhat. He was angered that my primary care wrote me a script for Andogel and told me that I'm perfectly healthy. He said....(here it comes), "You're within the normal range, you're fine". I debated that most of my numbers were "out of the panel range" and feeling like 100% depressed and tired shit is not "perfectly healthy".

Here comes the best part, he tells me that my libido issue is not linked to a testosterone issue and is psycological. He went on to tell me that a spouse needs to do "her part" in a relationship to help me out. In the end he said all I need was some more sleep and things would work out.
    I don't recall ever having to need a spouse to do "her part" when I was in my teens and twenties. Hell I don't ever remember needing a girl to anything more than just say hi.

Now I have no Androgel because he felt I was in range, my E2 levels are above normal which he said was fine, and my wallet and insurance plan is now a little lighter.

What I'm starting to learn is for those of us who suffer from this shit is that you have to find an Endo who deals mostly with HRT / TRT and treats the patient according to how they feel and not how the chart looks. Looking back on this, I really do feel I knew more about what was going on than he did.
    Last edited by Alloy; 11-10-2009 at 11:26 PM.

Master-P is offline New Member
    Wow.... time to find a new Endo...... I'm glad mine is somewhat knowledgable in this area... Keep looking, you will find one.... Try and stay away from the gel.... IM shots are the best delivery system....

Alloy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Master-P View Post
    Wow.... time to find a new Endo...... I'm glad mine is somewhat knowledgable in this area... Keep looking, you will find one.... Try and stay away from the gel.... IM shots are the best delivery system....
    Waiting for my new blood work to come back. I hope it comes in lower than my previous one so I ask the Endo if I'm still cured.

subnet is offline Associate Member
    Alloy - like Master-P said, it's time to find a new Endo or perhaps a different Dr. Like you said, you should be treated according to how you feel and not just going by the numbers. I know they are usually super-cautious when prescribing TRT. Even with my insurance, if it was just slightly higher than the low end of the range, they wouldn't cover the meds.

I had 3 total blood tests taken, where 241-827 or so was the 'range'. First one was 216 or so, the second was 359 and my third was 225 for the total T. Based on the 2nd round, my endo wasn't going to do anything. When the third was 225, she then decided that I was going to go on Androgel , and didn't even test for Estradiol etc.

I then found another Dr. who specializes in this sort of thing and feel much better discussing ranges/options/treatment rather than being 'told' what my endo thought. She (the Endo) may be great with typical endo issues, but with HRT, she really didn't have a clue.

Good luck! Let us know what you find out.

Thread Information