http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il8aY...eature=related

jump to 1:45 on the timeline and there it is for ya

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by pittbulldad View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il8aY...eature=related

jump to 1:45 on the timeline and there it is for ya
    gotta love that youtube

aer_vlad is offline Junior Member
    Well today I self injected for the first time. Everything went a-okay. In terms of needles, what do you guys usually draw with? And what size do you usually use for your quad?

Also, my levels were 944ng/dL at 350mg/wk. My doc said that's high, but at my age I should be high. So far, I'm staying with that current dose.

I think my E2 may be high as my libido sucks. I'll talk with my doc about it - but I've taken an AI (on my own) for the past week without much change in symptoms... so I wonder?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by aer_vlad View Post
    Well today I self injected for the first time. Everything went a-okay. In terms of needles, what do you guys usually draw with? And what size do you usually use for your quad?

Also, my levels were 944ng/dL at 350mg/wk. My doc said that's high, but at my age I should be high. So far, I'm staying with that current dose.

I think my E2 may be high as my libido sucks. I'll talk with my doc about it - but I've taken an AI (on my own) for the past week without much change in symptoms... so I wonder?
    usually try to draw with 18 guage pin sooooooooooo much easier...ran out last week and had to draw with same as inject (23 guage) pain in the ass pardon the pun

about the libido/arimidex /etc...its hard to tell bro...it takes a while to fine tune your dose(s) the test level sounds good...how much/what AI are you taken

I'm on 0.25mg EOD.

It's about day 10, no improvement really. I have morning woods and such, but my libido is defiantly not where it was. I had it for the first couple of weeks on TRT, then faded - which is why I figured E2 could be the problem. Other symptoms have defiantly improved though.

Also, I'm experiencing some testicular atrophy. I asked my doctor testictular atrophy awhile back. He said it's rare and usually happens when too much testosterone is given. He also doesn't prescribe hCG . I dunno, I'm almost afraid to ask as he'll just lower my dose and blame the atrophy/libido on too much testosterone...

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aer_vlad View Post
    I'm on 0.25mg EOD.

It's about day 10, no improvement really. I have morning woods and such, but my libido is defiantly not where it was. I had it for the first couple of weeks on TRT, then faded - which is why I figured E2 could be the problem. Other symptoms have defiantly improved though.

Also, I'm experiencing some testicular atrophy. I asked my doctor testictular atrophy awhile back. He said it's rare and usually happens when too much testosterone is given. He also doesn't prescribe hCG. I dunno, I'm almost afraid to ask as he'll just lower my dose and blame the atrophy/libido on too much testosterone...
    This doc is a joke! atrophy symptoms are only rare because he says so. You're obviously seeing reality spin right in front of you, and it's not because you're taking way too much testosterone . The body is getting an adequate amount of "T", which in turn basically telling the testicles that everything is fine. The testicles have no need to go to work if everything is fine, so that's when things go into atrophy mode.

A little HCG introduced during your HRT program will basically act as LH to stimulate the testicles, thus reversing the atrophy issues. If your doctor were to be honest with you he would tell you that he really doesn't know much about this particular field of medicine, and that he's into the whole trial and error thing. Thankfully for him it's at your expense, not his.

When you have to fear a doctor punishing you for wanting to make your condition better, then that's probably the time to seriously consider dumping his ass to the curb and finding a better doctor! I would find me some HCG with or without his permission slip. Just my .02

Thanks for the replies. I'll look into another doctor, or at least tell him that I'll need hCG or I'm off to someone else lol. Right now, he's not even writing my script for testosterone - my primary care physician is.

Is there any medical literature explaining the hCG therapy for TRT patients - including dosages and such? I feel that if I brought in some studies or journals or what have you, my case would be legitimate besides "well, I read on the internet that..."

Again, thanks for the help fellas.

Vlad, there's plenty of articles if you go surfing around for them. Might check with the Endocrinine Society and their journals.

However, heed the warning. I did this exact same thing with a doctor and he ended up firing me as a patient. It was an insult to him. I knew it would piss him off just because his ego wasn't open for anyone to show him anything. After all, he was a doctor, and in his mind that gave him great power over the underclass.

I wish you the best, but Vegas gives your odds about a 1:5 chance for success.

Ahh, they do that? Didn't know, thanks for sharing.

Perhaps I'll just start shopping for a new doctor. But then again, this is where I get confused. What, do I just call the front desk secretary and ask what the standard TRT protocol for patients are? I mean, I feel like I'd be going in circles until I found a competent doctor after years of trial and error, money, and time.

Maybe take a look at the Anti Aging Clinics. They seem to be cleaning up where the other doctors are falling short.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information