petebigpetey is offline New Member

almost to mid twenties low T already....

This is my first post it's been awhile since I've been on any boards.

OK I did 3 cycles total in a year and half span with at least 18 months since being off my last one. All cycles were 400-500 Test/week + 2 weeks dbol w/ nolva and clomid as PCT. The third one I added some Deca .

In any case its been over 18 months and I am a young guy (under 25) but I just had my test checked and it is under the 400 level (just under). Thyroid, liver, everything else was a okay but my test was just lower than the 400-1100 it should be. I don't have all the details yet (they are mailing report to me but i am freaking out) this is just a regular primary care doc and he didn't seem to concerned he was hoping to see me again in 2 months and check levels again and he thought theyd probably be fine then.

I feel like I am tired a lot and I never make gains in the gym it has just been a slow decline over the last 18 months. This is heightened by the fact that work long physical hours in the wilderness during the summer with limited meals which eats away my muscle too.

What are my options here is HRT even an option for someone as young as me? Should I try and get back on some nolva for a month or so to see if it raises my test? Obviously these are questions that should be answered by the doc and I am going to see him soon but does anyone have any advice. I am a young guy I want to enjoy the prime of my life and not be feeling like I have been and honestly HRT sounds tempting to me.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    if its just under 400 your fine.

its low normal

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    You know you've got a problem when you pull an 87 on a 225-1100 scale as me. I wish I had a natural level of low 400's.....

pittbulldad is offline Associate Member
    I agree.. most of us that are on a legit HRT are low 200's and lower.. just relax and take a very long break from this

petebigpetey is offline New Member
    cool thanks for making me feel better its just like damn I mean I am a young ass guy I should be on the high range right? Do you think it would hurt to run an month of nolva or something and see if that boosts it just in case that is less than my natural.

Just curious is running HRT a huge pain the ass and shitty life (not worth the cycles you had earlier) or not so bad?

It sucks maybe this is what my natty was before but I feel like I will never even be able to do another one and its just like a trade off I might be way swole but eventually I dont care how good you do PCT over a year or so you definately lose a lot it almost seems like you don't get ahead in the long run. I was hoping to maybe just do one in a few years again but maybe not now.

durak is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by petebigpetey View Post
    cool thanks for making me feel better its just like damn I mean I am a young ass guy I should be on the high range right? Do you think it would hurt to run an month of nolva or something and see if that boosts it just in case that is less than my natural.

Just curious is running HRT a huge pain the ass and shitty life (not worth the cycles you had earlier) or not so bad?

It sucks maybe this is what my natty was before but I feel like I will never even be able to do another one and its just like a trade off I might be way swole but eventually I dont care how good you do PCT over a year or so you definately lose a lot it almost seems like you don't get ahead in the long run. I was hoping to maybe just do one in a few years again but maybe not now.
    You should look into HCG or running another PCT.

darkcrayz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    if its just under 400 your fine.

its low normal
    how is he fine though? im confused. granted he isnt down to the 200's like some guys but he is experiencing some of the same issues.

plus, from what ive read, including the stickies on this forum the optimal range is the top 1/3 not the bottom 1/3. Based on that fact just because he falls in low normal doesnt mean he is ok, especially since he is experiencing some of the sides of low test.

durak is offline Member
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by darkcrayz View Post
    how is he fine though? im confused. granted he isnt down to the 200's like some guys but he is experiencing some of the same issues.

plus, from what ive read, including the stickies on this forum the optimal range is the top 1/3 not the bottom 1/3. Based on that fact just because he falls in low normal doesnt mean he is ok, especially since he is experiencing some of the sides of low test.
    How is he not fine?

Many are born with naturally low testosterone levels , your delt certain cards in life and you take what you are given.

You cant assume everyone under 25 has raging test levels over 800.

That's when it began for me. In my humble opinion, 400 at your age IS low but what's most important are the symptom. If you are experiencing the symptoms of LowT, then level is irrelevant. I only wish I had caught mine in my mid twenties; unfortunately, I did not figure it out until I was 42, after many years of suffering and pain. Now I'm trying to undo 20 years of living with the deck stacked against me. I'm confident it is the reason why I never married. After a point, I was too afraid to get intimate anymore because I couldn't perform. As a result, I'm now single and the odds of ever getting married are slim. Don't let it go that far for you. Like I said, I only wish I knew then what I know now. If the symptoms are preventing you from living a "normal" life, start the treatment ASAP and enjoy the rest of your life! Good luck!

P.S. I would try natural means to increase your Testosterone before going to gels or injections. With natural means you have a chance of recovering naturally and maintain your normal functions including potency. If you have to resort to gels or injections, chances are your going to have to commit to it for the rest of your life and run a high risk of infertility. It may not seem significant now, but if you ever want to have children, it makes *all* the difference. As always, consult your doctor first. I wouldn't begin to self medicate using any of the sources on this site.
    Last edited by forrest_and_trees; 05-05-2010 at 10:11 AM.

darkcrayz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    How is he not fine?

Many are born with naturally low testosterone levels , your delt certain cards in life and you take what you are given.

You cant assume everyone under 25 has raging test levels over 800.
    so you are telling all the guys on trt in this forum that they should just suck it up and dont get trt because that is the card given to them? or is only guys 40+ that get trt? if you have low test you have to suffer until you are 40 because you have earned it? that makes no sense, if he is showing symptoms now why wait, why suffer? if a guy that young has low test but isnt showing the symptoms then i agree he doesnt need it; but if he is that young and showing a decreased quality of living then why not?

your answer makes no sense, especially in a trt forum.

Quote Originally Posted by darkcrayz View Post
    so you are telling all the guys on trt in this forum that they should just suck it up and dont get trt because that is the card given to them? or is only guys 40+ that get trt? if you have low test you have to suffer until you are 40 because you have earned it? that makes no sense, if he is showing symptoms now why wait, why suffer? if a guy that young has low test but isnt showing the symptoms then i agree he doesnt need it; but if he is that young and showing a decreased quality of living then why not?

your answer makes no sense, especially in a trt forum.
    Ok so if someones symptoms of low test like he describes are tiredness and no gains in the gym justifies a 21 yo going on TRT.

Mate if that were the case every 21 year old would be, everyone is tired, everyone struggles to make gains in the gym.

Symptoms of low test include; erectile dysfunction, loss of libido, depression etc. and if hes not experiencing these there is no point on going on TRT.

Even with 400 no endo wud put him on anyway.

Thread Information