Free: 68 (range 50-247)
    % Free: 2.3
    Sex binding globulin: 21 (10-24)

Thyroid:
    Free T4: .9 (.6-1.5)
    Free T3: 2.9 (2.5-3.9)
    TSH: 2.51 (.5-5)

Estradiol TMS: 3.4 (range is 10-42)

I was prescribed 200 mg a week of test cyp and some natural-throid.
    How do my numbers look, does it seem reasonable to have a prescription?

What can I expect on this stuff? Can I build mass and lose fat and look decent without bloating up like I usually do?

I'm going to post some pics to show you why I got on this stuff.

Vettester is offline Banned
    I just sent you a response in the Q&A section. If you like, I'll copy it over here, or maybe a mod/admin can get it moved over here.

Thanks for checking this forum out. We've got some good guys here to help get you familiar with your new program.

nwjt is offline Associate Member
    This section seems dead!

It has its moments. It would be nice to get more people involved that are on HRT. As you can probably attest, it was probably beneficial getting some real advise from someone who can relate to you, opposed to just a bunch of canned answers.

The Q&A section has a ton of traffic. However, it seems like every other thread is some kid looking to do his first tren cycle, or someone asking if they can do deca by itself for the 10th zillion time.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by nwjt View Post
    Stats:
    Age 32
    Weight: 176

Here's some numbers I have:
    Test levels:
    Total: 294 (range 285-950)

Thyroid:

What can I expect on this stuff? Can I build mass and lose fat and look decent without bloating up like I usually do?

You got put on TRT for those numbers? dam you gota good doc.

IMO those numbers just fit a TRT script, but it depends if you had any symptoms of hypogonadism.

well since ur on test and im guessing thyroxine you will def lose fat and gain muscle.

ThickOne is offline New Member
    Stats:
    Age 32
    Weight: 176

Here's some numbers I have:
    Test levels:
    Total: 294 (range 285-950)

Thyroid:

A lot of your results will depend on eating habits too....lets not forget about the basics on top of getting hormones in line....

A little information:
    Here's my BB profile and pics:
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/skydve76/
    Here are my progress pics:
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/sk...n=progresspics

I lost 25 lbs by eating 1600 cals for 6 months. Eating 2000 cals cause me to gain fat and water big time. As you can see, I am very good at controlling my eating habits. In order for me to lose more weight (fat), I would have to eat 1350 cals. I am currently as 20%+ BF as you can see in my latest pic.

Do you think with my numbers I can cycle off and keep my gains? Just use the HRT to get my results then maintain from there? Should I even be using HRT or is the doc trying to make $$$

I am not satisfied with what it takes for me to lose weight. Because of my thyroid, cardio will not work for me, my blood sugar just drops and I nearly pass out after 18 mins even with low intensity.

Advice is appreciated.

ALso, I'm not sure but is nolvadex a prescription in the US or OTC? I think I want to get some on hand in case I decide to cycle off or start showing symptoms of too much estrogen.

Would you guys be interested in seeing all my blood work results? There are 6 pages of tests they did and vettman pointed out some good stuff that seems HRT may be the right way to go.

Send it through, man.

Will get it scanned. Do you know on the nolvadex ? Is that OTC or should I ask my doc for it? I'm sure I can get it since it is recommened to have it on hand in case gyno starts...

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    A little information:
    Here's my BB profile and pics:
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/skydve76/
    Here are my progress pics:

I lost 25 lbs by eating 1600 cals for 6 months. Eating 2000 cals cause me to gain fat and water big time. As you can see, I am very good at controlling my eating habits. In order for me to lose more weight (fat), I would have to eat 1350 cals. I am currently as 20%+ BF as you can see in my latest pic.

Do you think with my numbers I can cycle off and keep my gains? Just use the HRT to get my results then maintain from there? Should I even be using HRT or is the doc trying to make $$$

I am not satisfied with what it takes for me to lose weight. Because of my thyroid, cardio will not work for me, my blood sugar just drops and I nearly pass out after 18 mins even with low intensity.

Advice is appreciated.
    HRT is permanent your on it for life, you cant just cycle off when ever you please.

regarding your low blood sugar levels. thats very dangerous, i hope your doc knows about that

I don't understand why its permanent, many people use test cyp to gain mass then cycle off. Why can't I do the same thing? Use it as a crutch to gain mass and lean out then cycle off and go tell the doc I don't want it anymore. Sure my test levels will go back to being borderline low but its not like I have 0 test.

Yes my doc knows it, said its my thyroid. I am going to an ENT for a CT scan of my neck.
    Last edited by nwjt; 05-26-2010 at 11:20 PM.

I don't understand why its permanent, many people use test cyp to gain mass then cycle off. Why can't I do the same thing? Use it as a crutch to gain mass and lean out then cycle off and go tell the doc I don't want it anymore. Sure my test levels will go back to being borderline low but its not like I have 0 test.

Yes my doc knows it, said its my thyroid. I am going to an ENT for a CT scan of my neck.
    It's permanent if you can't restore your natural levels. Hence the name, Hormone Replacement Therapy. If you can restore the natty then run a proper PCT after the cycle(s) and restore it. If 294 is the best you can do naturally then that's low in my book, I'd be taking TRT from the doc to keep it steadily in the upper range. But, if you stop, just be prepared to for your levels to drop down to the low range.

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    How did you end up talking to your doc about HRT? What symptoms did you have? Your test level is low -- probably low enough to feel like crap -- so I can understand why you'd want to get on HRT, but for most of us it's for life because we can't naturally produce enough testosterone to make us feel healthy and vital.

200mg EW is actually a pretty high dose for an entry level into a TRT program, especially with your numbers. There's nothing wrong with that -- just most docs start at 100mg EW and go from there. I think you'll appreciate the 200mg EW and should see good results in how you feel, your cognition, and ability to workout and recover. I wouldn't expect to put on a lot of mass and make big strength gains, though. That's not what TRT is about. If you want to cycle, then cycle, but TRT is not a cycle -- especially not at 200mg EW.
    Last edited by Epic Ed; 05-27-2010 at 03:58 PM.

Thanks guys. A few interesting points after over 48 hours after 300 mg injection in the office, maybe this is all placebo and may be too early to tell:
    -For the first time in my life I have a 5 pm shadow instead of a 7 am shadow (hair doesn't show until the next morning) and I shave in the mornings.
    -My general nervousness and anxiety is greatly reduced, if not completely removed.
    ALl the small things no longer bother me that used too, though I do think about them.
    -I am not scared of 18 year olds with 9 inch arms (neighbor kids who flip me shit because I tell them to shut up at 1 am in the morning).
    -I did bench press last night. My strength has not increased though my stamina was much better. I did 5 exercises instead of my normal 3 and could of kept going with energy to spare. However, I did not have to use caffiene to get myself to go to the gym, I was ready and eager even at 10 pm.
    -I am way more out going, social anxiety is gone, I speak my mind to get my point across, communication is much more effective in large groups.
    -My aggressiveness is definatly LOWER. Small inconveniences would have me cussing (too many red lights etc) and throwing a fit.

However the front "inside" of my neck has pain and I feel like there is a lump in my throat, it does this at times and its my thyroid I found out. It may just be a concidence. Remember, I am also taking nature-throid.

Do these results sound real, is it even possible after the first injectoin?

My main anxiet at this point is if I should go through with this or walk away. I assume I can walk away after 1 injection. Its just not me to use "roids" and I have always thought so many people are on roids because they make so much more progress than me despite them having a crappy routine and very crappy form. Its just hard for me to accept I need this and hard for me to believe this is happening. I am being sabotaged by my body!

If you were me, and you had my numbers at age 32, would you do it? BTW here's my current progress pics I did naturally since Oct. Results are OK but not so good for lifting 3 times per week for 6 months straight. I went from 205 lbs to 174, now back to 180 in the past 48 hours.
    Last edited by nwjt; 05-27-2010 at 08:59 PM.

killswitch is offline New Member
    roids and trt/hrt are different.

there are a lot of closet juiceheads on this forum however.

best wishes on what ever decision you make

Last night I took my first injection at home. I am very concerned about hitting a vein, so I pulled bak on the plunger nearly an entire CC. I got come air to come in, then injected. I freaked myself out and got dizzy. I'm a dork.

over812 is offline Junior Member
    To answer your earlier Nolva question. It is not OTC in the US but you can purchase the equivalent from a chem research company, (Not for human consumption) check the sponsor's page here and you'll find it.

Quote Originally Posted by over812 View Post
    To answer your earlier Nolva question. It is not OTC in the US but you can purchase the equivalent from a chem research company, (Not for human consumption) check the sponsor's page here and you'll find it.
    Ahh i see. Will look into that. I am going to talk to the doc about getting a higher dose and some anti-e like HCG or nolva. If he will prescribe the copays are only $10 instead of paying $80.

Thanks guys!

Thread Information