IIceMan is offline Junior Member

TRT candidate looking for imput

Ok guys heres my stats

27yo
    200lbs
    BF prob 10%
    5'11"

I started messing with andro (when it was legal) at around 19. at around age 23 I used the original superdrol, but I didnt dose it consistantly. I had no clue about stable blood levels and took my dose when I could remember to take it (no PCT).
    A few things I noticed was gyno, which was really bad and I had brownish to blackish discharge from my nipples when squeezed. My mood swings got worse during that time and I felt like crap alot, low sex drive if any. After the superdrol use, I never felt the same after that.

Then in 2008 I started to get into AAS. My first cycle was Test E 500mg/wk, dbol 40mg/day. My PCT consisted of nolva at 40mg/day/ 4 weeks. While on, like many people I felt great. Mood was great and everything else. But when I came off, a few months later, I was back at it again with the crazy mood swings. While reading through AAS forums and all the info I gathered, I began to wonder if my test was low. Its just a feeling I had. And I started to reflect on certain things from the past especially my early andro use.

So I decided to get my test checked out. My doc was reluctant to order a test, but I pusher her and said I just want to see because I have a feeling its low. So I got it done.
    3/17/10 at 12 in the afternoon I got blood drawn with these results

mg/dl
    Colesterol, total 175 100-199
    Triglycerides 57 0-149
    HDL Colest 47 >39
    VLDL Colest 117 0-99
    TSH 1.550 0.450-4.500
    Testosterone serum 191 280-800
    Vitamin D 14.0 32.0-100.0

It wasnt really an indepth test but it showed what I thought all along

So I was referred to an Endo and she ordered a more complete test

5/1/10 8:46am

ng/dl
    Test serum 111 280-800
    Free test 2.6 9.3-26-5
    T4 free 1.75 0.82-1.77
    Cortisol 10.7 2.3-19.4
    TSH 0.730 .450-4.500
    Prolactin 6.6 4.0-15-2
    Estradiol 18.7 7.6. 42.6
    IGF-1 188 117-329
    LH 1.1 1.7-8.6
    FSH 1.0 1.5-12.4
    TSH 0.730 0.450-4.500
    After these numbers, my Endo now wants me to do an MRI of my pituitary gland which I think is a good thing just incase theres a problem with that, but I doubt it is. If that comes back negative then we will discuss TRT which I was hoping for. I lurk through this forum often and gather as much info as possible.

As far as my numbers go, what do you guys think I should be looking out for as far as what needs to be worked on besides my low test. Im hoping to get some HCG to help my LH and FSH, plus I do plan on having more kids. She also said depending if I want children or not there are different protocols for TRT which seems to make me think he knows what hes doing.

Just wanted some input from you guys. Also I havnt touched AAS since sept of 2009 which only consisted of 50mg prop for 8 weeks

oakdad is offline Junior Member
    I have to agree with the HCG thoughts and just do that for a month or so and see if your system will keep the higher levels before going with the test.

tubs is offline Associate Member
    start taking some vit d right away as well - that can help a little while you wait fot the test and you clearly need it

sun is the best source for d

if you cant get any go to a tanning place

either way start with a good quality d supp.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Your doc is indeed doing good with running the MRI.

Agree that HCG should be looked at and considered in your program once you start putting it together.

I would also ask your doc to check your B12 and look into giving you some of it as part of your program.

Is your doc a female? Towards the end of your initial post, you said "She said there's different protocols ...", but then you said something about "so it makes me think he knows what he is doing." No worries or anything, just curious if you actually found a good female doc that does this stuff. It's not too often that we hear about that.

Quote Originally Posted by tubs View Post
    sun is the best source for d

if you cant get any go to a tanning place

either way start with a good quality d supp.
    Tanning? hell no...That stuff is dangerous. But I am taking vit D supps. And get some sun when I can.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IIceMan View Post
    Tanning? hell no...That stuff is dangerous. But I am taking vit D supps. And get some sun when I can.
    That's what they say about steroids . LOL

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Your doc is indeed doing good with running the MRI.

Agree that HCG should be looked at and considered in your program once you start putting it together.

I would also ask your doc to check your B12 and look into giving you some of it as part of your program.

Is your doc a female? Towards the end of your initial post, you said "She said there's different protocols ...", but then you said something about "so it makes me think he knows what he is doing." No worries or anything, just curious if you actually found a good female doc that does this stuff. It's not too often that we hear about that.
    Sorry about the confusion, I was having some beers while typing it
    but yes my endo is female.
    my last test on b12 was nov 09
    B12 1116 (211-911)

But that was really close to when I finished up my prop cycle, so I dont know how that would affect it.
    I will have it checked again but I doubt there may be an issue with that.

I actually just got my results for my ACTH which came out fine. So im guessing my pituitary is fine also, but im still getting the MRI anyway
    my results from that

Time= 0 (Cortisol-10.1 ug/dl)
    Time= 60 (Cortisol- 23.3 ug/dl)

Time= 0 (Aldosterone 6.0 ng/dl)
    Time= 60 (Aldosterone 12.9 ng/dl)

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    That's what they say about steroids. LOL
    lol I know, but id rather get the free stuff from the sky.

live in a nothern climate?

I would try the fake and back for a week or a month whatever is cheap near you. Just the cheap beds and don't go to tan just short times to boost the vit d - i bet it makes you feel a ton better. It helps me and my d level is 74 now

Quote Originally Posted by tubs View Post
    live in a nothern climate?

I would try the fake and back for a week or a month whatever is cheap near you. Just the cheap beds and don't go to tan just short times to boost the vit d - i bet it makes you feel a ton better. It helps me and my d level is 74 now
    Im on the east coast US, but id rather stay away from tanning. Supps should be enough for me plus I stay out in the sun when its nice ans sunny. I know what you mean that you feel better. I feel great after my nap in the sun.

But ill get it tested again for my next blood work

thanks

Thread Information