assymacgee1 is offline New Member

question about tapering

I've used massive amounts of steroids 10 years ago and stayed on them for 4 years, naturally i've shut down my own ability to produce my own. so now 10 years later i'm doing a small cycle with just test cypionate (my favorite) but my question is- i'm taking only 400mgs/week right now and have noticed a big difference in sex drive, strength, etc, should i taper down at the end of my 12 week cycle to the 150mg/14days (this is were the doc has me) and what losses could i expect?

would i need to take anything like novladex or clomid? or is that just for heavy cycling? when i did test and deca 10 years ago i didn't need to and i was doing 500mg of test/week and 200mgs of deca/week. i know i know every cycle is different but thought i would ask
    Last edited by assymacgee1; 07-10-2010 at 06:02 PM. Reason: another question

cobra305 is offline Member
    You may get better responses in the trt/hrt section

Blog Entries
    theres no need to taper down imho just run your cycle and when you go back to your trt dose i believe the ester will taper it down for you till it levels out to your trt dose....and as far as loosing your gains thats all diet dependant really cus if your diet is good and your test levels never dip down like if you where to do a pct then you should keep virtually all of it i would think but dont know for shure...

Quote Originally Posted by cobra305 View Post
    You may get better responses in the trt/hrt section
    thanks man i'm new to this forum

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I moved this to the correct section. no need to taper off, just return to the trt dose

nwjt is offline Associate Member
    In about 14 weeks I'll have your answer. I am going from 200 mg per week to 400 mg per week. THen going to go back 200 per week after 11 weeks.

Currently on 200 mg per week my strenght has gone up 30% on weights. I may chose to cycle off completely then then save for another cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by nwjt View Post
    In about 14 weeks I'll have your answer. I am going from 200 mg per week to 400 mg per week. THen going to go back 200 per week after 11 weeks.

Currently on 200 mg per week my strenght has gone up 30% on weights. I may chose to cycle off completely then then save for another cycle.
    so are you on this stuff continuosly by a doctor? if so how much does he have you on? is that 200mg plus what you normally take? i normally take 150 every 10 days or so and with the extra 250mg well it's amazing that so little can do so much!!!

I'm prescribed 200 per week. But with the way the prescription is written, I get a refill every 30 days (a 10 week supply every 4 weeks) so I could more than double it. I seriously considering it, just trying to figure out if my body fat is too high.

The test 200 per week has done amazing so far, though physically I look about the same, strength wise I am a mini superman lol.

Actually I don't know yet, but size wise I am the same but I am 15 lbs heavier after the test after 6 weeks alone. I don't see it anywhere so I am thinking my fat is going away and I am building muscle. Its hard to use the scale.

Also I did not track my legs at all even with pics, but they are a lot stronger too. Leg days at the gym are my favorite.
    Last edited by nwjt; 07-10-2010 at 09:02 PM.

i hear ya!! i thought by using 400mg that i would lose some weight while i built muscle, but even doing cardio for an hour a day with the weights i am actually 5 pounds heavier than i was at 150mg every 10-14 days!!! i'm like you i don't really notice it myself but my wife says my arms and shoulders are alot bigger!! i can see it when i look in the mirror while i'm doing curls and lat raises now that she has brought it to my attention, and i think your right the added weight is definatly muscle mass!!! (and maybe some water ret.) anyway the stuff is a miracle drug for me!! i have sever depression and no energy without it and the wife loves it (if you know what i mean) my scripts are wrote the same way, i get 2 10ml /100mg per ml every month and the doc lets me play around with my dose (depending on how i feel from week to week) it's sure nice to have a doc that's so understanding, isn't it?) anyway i've been on pain killers for 17 years now due to a broken back, what's your thoughts on the testosterone supposidly making pain worse or joints ache? i do find that i'm more suseptable to pain at higher doses do you have any problems with joint pain at a higher dose?

I;ve noticed my elbows are hurting, but I am also doing sets on flat bench at 225 which is unprecidented for me. I get a lot of cramping though, like when I try to stretch my triceps. I probaby am not drinking enough water.

From my understanding, deca duabolin can be prescribed for joint pain. I would like to get some and use it for cycling purposes. Otherwise I think it will just counteract my TRT as it shuts down the sex drive.

I posted a thread where I talked about my weight gain:

TRT Progress

The 2nd pic is right after I started trt, and the 3rd is about 6 weeks out, 15 lbs more. The first pic is about 6 months old before I started dieting and lifting again, I lost 25 lbs without TRT but then realized I had some issues and got on TRT and thyroid meds.

yeah i use to get deca perscribed but when i took the script in they told me it wasn't available in canada anymore (which sucks cause i really like stacking with deca) i'll check out the thread. in the future for my next cycle i think i'm going to try stacking my cyp with andriol , i know there's alot of slack out there about andriol but from what i gather it's mostly the cost 'cause you have to take 8 or so throughout the day and some think that';s really expensive! but that's not an issue with me because i have about 1000 caps saved up from scripts i use to get and they didn't do much for me and the doc i had wouldn't give me anything else , so for a few years i just saved them every month. any thoughts on stacking the 2 together. i'm only trying the cyp for now because i haven't done a cycle for about 7 years now and i want to start slow, plus i'm not as young as i use to be. ha ha what's the closest thing to deca? winstrol ? (i'm old school and when i use to do them there was only about 10 different kinds that you could easily get, (d bol, anadrol , winstrol, deca, test, omnadren ,etc) so i would like to know what would be a good substitute for deca?

Thread Information