jimmyjones is offline New Member

Post Getting Started With Anti-Aging Dr - Your Advice, Please

Background Info:
    I'm a 37 year old male, no prescriptions, very healthy, into all kinds of endurance sports. Carrying a little extra weight (20lbs) after going through a divorce. Have felt sluggish and fatigued for a few years, which is one of the main reasons I wanted to start an HRT program. Well, that and all the other benefits - primarily, decreased recovery time (from exercise), increased endurance, weight loss, build muscle, increased performance (athletically/sexually) etc.

I found this anti-aging Dr. using google (he has mad adwords skills), checked his credentials, and went in for a consult ($100). He's an Ivy league grad (undergrad and med school)and appears to have a very successful plastic-surgery practice. As a young guy with a full-sleeve tattoo, I was quite the anomaly amongst all the middle-aged women getting their botox done. Anyway, I described my fatigue symptoms to him, he told me all the benefits, said I was a little young to worry about it, but gave me the impression that it was pretty much a given that he would hook me up before even getting my lab work done - I took that as a good sign. He asked me if I wanted to get started, I said, "yup", and he charged me $400 for the first year of office visits etc.

Full panel done + a couple other tests done ($485 - shite) and went in today for appointment for scripts. My levels are:
    Estradiol: 43
    Dihydrotestosteron: 59
    DHEA: 324
    T-3, Free: 3.4
    T4, Free: 1.3
    IGF-1, ECL: 250
    Testosterone : Total: 673 Free:100.5

He reviewed my lab results (they're all OK), gave me the choice between HCG injections or test cream (I chose HCG), showed me how to inject, then proceeded to write out prescriptions. Here's what he gave me:
    HGH - .2mg (daily) Genotropin Mini-quick - 6 weeks, $747.50
    HCG - Pregyl/Novarel - .25cc (daily) - 3 weeks , $135
    Thyroid pill (daily) - 100days, $41.12
    DHEA pill (daily) - 100 days, $39.16
    Melatonin (daily) - 100 days, $18.86
    Syringes (for HCG) $7.20

He has defined my target levels as follows:
    DHEA: 500-600 (currently 324)
    T-3, Free: 4 (currently 3.4)
    IGF-1, ECL: 290-350 (currently 250)
    Testosterone: Free:170-200 (currently 100.5)

Meds should arrive tomorrow, and he's allowing me to self-administer. He wants labwork done in 4 weeks and then an appointment to see how it's working for me.

The monthly cost for the meds is about $706 ($176 weekly). I'd be lying to you if I didn't hope for some pretty quick results, as two injections a day and keeping the HCG refrigerated is going to be a PITA.

So, how does this sound to you guys? I definitely would appreciate your input and/or advice.

Thanks!
    Last edited by jimmyjones; 10-20-2010 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Correcting HCG dosage

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    WELCOME!!! will be curious as to what the guys think....

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    looks like he's trying to prime up all your levels that are already good...kind of like a 30 year old tune up...

this being a mainly hcg and hgh therapy imma bump it for you as i dont know much about either compound and very rarely see people running either without test

i see this i your first post...welcome...would love if u gave us your before stats and then keep this thread alive through your whole treatment with gains, sides, anything....not many thread with hcg alone...pics too if you can

HCG alone was what I was wondering too...

Thumbs up

Thanks for the welcome. I've been reading the forum for a few weeks now and have gleaned a lot of good info! It's sometimes hard to trust that these Doctors, so it's always great to have others opinions.

I do plan on posting stats, and possibly progress pics along the way, but I'll definitely post my progress periodically.

"jpkman
    looks like he's trying to prime up all your levels that are already good...kind of like a 30 year old tune up..."

I think he used those exact words - gonna put me at optimal levels for a 30 year old.

V8Assassin is offline Junior Member
    In my experience with HRT clinics, they all want to get you on growth as fast as possible because that is where they make their money. I use my HRT clinic for test, anavar , winny and other things, but have not chosen to go forward with HGH from them because of the price. Only because of the price though, if you can afford it or have ins cover it then GREAT! Also, mine suggest 2iu of HGH ED (every day), and to cycle with test on 10 week intervals to help see solid gains.

HGH or HCG ?

V8Assassin is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    HGH or HCG?
    are you asking me?

Quote Originally Posted by V8Assassin View Post
    are you asking me?
    asking OP to make sure which one..HCG or HGH... (sorry for confusion)

dosXX is offline Member
    anti-aging eh? Well as long as you have visited/seen him (in person not over a telephone) for a consultation and he did his preliminary test (e.g., blood work, PSA screening, ultra-sound, MRI, and others) BEFORE prescribing all your meds then I would think that this doctor is legit.

What I'm trying to say is be careful with who you choose for your regimen because there are many shady businesses/clinics out there.

If you want to save some $$ you can get DHEA, and Melatonin at Walmart for less. And for syringes, you can get them online for way less also.

Luck Luciano is offline Junior Member
    Very interesting thread. I am also 37y.o. although no extra weight anywhere.

I have been exercising regularly and keeping a decent diet for about 1 year now. My goal is to get access to some steroids in a near future to further reduce my body fat and improve my muscle development.
    Last edited by Luck Luciano; 10-19-2010 at 12:13 PM.

SlimmerMe: sorry...don't understand your question

dosXX: Yes, met the guy in person twice now, and have seen his practice - seems legit. the question remains though, is this a good treatment protocol. Thanks for the 4 saving tips!

Got my meds today - excited, but a bit nervous. Edited original post to correct the HCG dosage. It's much easier to read the script label than the Docs scribble.

How do my dosage levels look? That's my main question.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjones View Post
    SlimmerMe: sorry...don't understand your question

dosXX: Yes, met the guy in person twice now, and have seen his practice - seems legit. the question remains though, is this a good treatment protocol. Thanks for the 4 saving tips!
    HGH instead of HCG is what I was asking...but evidently HCG as you initially said in OP...

dosXX is offline Member
    Well, HCG is known for it's ability to improve LH and FSH values which in turn will stimulate your pituitary that will send a signal to your testes to produce more testosterone . So combining HCG with your thyroid meds might improved your levels. You might want to ask for some AI because an increase in testosterone will also increase your Estradiol.

If you can afford it, HGH is also beneficial but only if you use it for a long period of time. From what I've read, at least 6 months++ of continuous use before you can even see a slight improvements.

Thread Information