Jadam is offline Junior Member

1 Month Into TRT

Hey everyone,

31/M here. Posted long ago about thinking I had low T symptoms. Was dealing with Kaiser and not having any luck, so I went to an aging clinic nearby.

My original test came back with 246 total test on a scale of 280 - 800. Estradiol was 18.

Just had blood work done on Friday after five weeks of injections. Test Cyp at 250, 200, then 150 three weeks. My total test was listed at 1014 but my Estradiol is now 69!

I spoke with the doctor today and he said he's going to change the weekly dosage because he'd like me around 700 - 800. He also said I should take Zinc to help with the estrogen. Does that make sense?

Thanks for any help.

UPDATED FOR NEW BLOODWORK

Hey all,

Just had new bloodwork done and not sure what to think.

After the last results we lowered my dose from 150mg every week to 130mg. Last week's bloodwork came back and my test and est have gone up again.

Date: 9/17 10/18 12/3
    Total Test: 246 1014 1200
    Estradiol: 18 69 84

I guess now I'm going to try 100mg a week and see how that goes. Also going to take .50mg arimidex eod.

Additionally, since starting this program I've gained about 20 pounds. I'm guessing most of it is not muscle. Starting to get discouraged. But I know you all say it takes time to get thinks worked out.
    Last edited by Jadam; 12-11-2010 at 03:42 PM.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    IMHO zinc helps maintain E2 once you are at an acceptable level, and may lower it some, but prolly will not lower your level from 69 to 30-40. You probably will need an AI. Your E2 level should drop as you lower your t dose, but I don't think it will lower that much. since you started with such a low number, and it is that high now - you can bet your ass your body is converting the exogenous t at a pretty good clip. Remember also that when/if you do start an AI, it will not only lower your E2, but increase your free t as well, giving you a double dose of good news. Best of luck and let us know how it turns out.

Flats

Thanks, Flats!

I talked to him again yesterday and said he's going to put me on an AI to get the number down. Glad it helps out with free T as well.

subnet is offline Associate Member
    that's good news Jadam - let us know what and how much he prescribes and keep us in the loop!

Thanks, brother.

Looking forward to getting the numbers more in line. Gained a ton of weight this week and my nipples are huge! I really don't feel like understand what chicks go through, haha.

Vettester is offline Banned
    That's all part of the process of getting HRT dialed in ... A little tweak here and a little tweak there. Glad you're adding a AI, something like adex will be fine. Just a basic dose of 0.5mg x 2 or 3/wk will get you down to a decent level in no time.

You will need to run these labs every 2 or 3 months for a few times if you really want to get the full picture of how your program is progressing.

edited new info above

lifeforce0019 is offline Associate Member
    How long before the 12/3 blood test did you start the arimidex , and what was the dose and frequency? Doesn't seem like it had time to work before the blood draw!

I was only on it a couple weeks. Maybe six or seven doses total. The dr told me it should come down and with the lower test dose we'd be cool. Yesterday he changed his mind and said it might be something I'll need to keep taking regularly.

Thread Information